SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-21, 08:59 PM   #166
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotagt86 View Post
Hi Kal_Maximus_U669
I know this mod and I have tested before, but I don't like it, because you will get a foggy day or a windy day even when you are in the port at the time of starting a new patrol. I want start a new patrol with a good weather at the beginning. But if you like this mod I can add this mod as an optional mod in next version release

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Just to let you know, ToyotaGT86... I have the eviro.act from that, added in.. in addition, with SH3Weather... (which works... & it preselects what the weather will be... from calm, nice sun shiny to heavy rain, wind & sea conditions.

On a side note... possibility, of working out RudeWarrior's Just follow orders mod, maybe as... an optional to add into the mix. Something to add to the orders that flew from BdU, concerning prize reg's & torp settings they sent to the Kaleuns during the time that they experienced torp malfunctions with the T-II's, or was that the T-III's... for realism effect.

Just food for thought...

M. M.
Old 12-19-21, 09:34 PM   #167
kyle9154
Commander

Downloads: 368

Quote:
Hi Kyle 9154
I had never merged the volumetric clouds 2.2 and SH4 effects from Rubini in my Compilation. The SH4 effects Mod That I merged is the Original one Which have not upgrade by Rubini

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Fair enough, thanks for the quick response

Admin for the Onealex Mod Discord - https://discord.gg/bKCdQekE4W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpRvfqFYp0&t
kyle9154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 03:46 AM   #168
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Hi Kal_Maximus_U669
I know this mod and I have tested before, but I don't like it, because you will get a foggy day or a windy day even when you are in the port at the time of starting a new patrol. I want start a new patrol with a good weather at the beginning. But if you like this mod I can add this mod as an optional mod in next version release

Best Regards
Toyotagt86

Fwiw, I think you may be confusing this file with SH3 Weather Generator. This file does not affect the weather at the start of a new patrol.
Only during a patrol.
Old 12-20-21, 04:22 AM   #169
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default I know both of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Fwiw, I think you may be confusing this file with SH3 Weather Generator. This file does not affect the weather at the start of a new patrol.
Only during a patrol.
Hi John Pancoast
I know both of them, I have read the instruction of the SH3 Weather Generator in OneAlex Mod. This Generator will change the weather settings in the .mis file in the Campaign folder.
According to my test, when using the Envsim.act X mod alone , the weather becomes more randomly. Not always, but I have many times at the start of a new patrol I get a foggy or windy day. Even in the Naval Academy I sometimes get the bad weather immediately after I load in the game. That is why I did not merge with my compilation.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 04:29 AM   #170
Toyotagt86
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 516
Default About the RudeWarrior's Just follow orders mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just to let you know, ToyotaGT86... I have the eviro.act from that, added in.. in addition, with SH3Weather... (which works... & it preselects what the weather will be... from calm, nice sun shiny to heavy rain, wind & sea conditions.

On a side note... possibility, of working out RudeWarrior's Just follow orders mod, maybe as... an optional to add into the mix. Something to add to the orders that flew from BdU, concerning prize reg's & torp settings they sent to the Kaleuns during the time that they experienced torp malfunctions with the T-II's, or was that the T-III's... for realism effect.

Just food for thought...

M. M.
Hi Mad Mardigan
I have down loaded the Just follow orders mod and researching

Best Regards
Toyotagt86
Toyotagt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 09:02 AM   #171
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Hi John Pancoast
I know both of them, I have read the instruction of the SH3 Weather Generator in OneAlex Mod. This Generator will change the weather settings in the .mis file in the Campaign folder.
According to my test, when using the Envsim.act X mod alone , the weather becomes more randomly. Not always, but I have many times at the start of a new patrol I get a foggy or windy day. Even in the Naval Academy I sometimes get the bad weather immediately after I load in the game. That is why I did not merge with my compilation.

Best Regards
Toyotagt86

Strange; as said it has nothing to do with the weather at the start of anything only during patrol.
It or H.sie's weather file is also required if one wants to use H.sie's night vision fix via his patch.
Anyway, not a problem.
Old 12-20-21, 02:05 PM   #172
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 816

Quote:
Strange; as said it has nothing to do with the weather at the start of anything only during patrol.
It or H.sie's weather file is also required if one wants to use H.sie's night vision fix via his patch.
Anyway, not a problem.
Bonsoir John

tous d abord je voulais aborder le thème MFM3.3(Kyle) vous aviez raison j ai pu insérer le mods est cela pendant une carrière mais celui d Alex semble capricieux parfois mais cela dit il a fonctionner...mais je demande si ce n est pas du au fait que c était la mise a jour.. est MFM était déjà présent dans ma carrière...les Sauvegardes sont très importante ici attention avant de commencer si vous avez déjà une longue carrière faite un Backup sinon en revoir...
pour ce qui est de la météo les réglages "Stiebler" sont important ainsi que "Hsie" et "Commander" car il ne donnerons pas forcément les effets souhaiter car j ai essayer plusieurs configuration pour m en rendre compte le fichier scene.sim & scene.dat ... act.sim les fichier de configuration Env. Misc. Texture.etc beaucoup de paramètres influe sur la météo
le mod "SH3Weather"je n y pensais plus a celui la c est celui utiliser par Alex pour avoir un meilleur changement pour moi c est la force du mods D alex depuis un bon moment il fonctionne vraiment pas mal je trouve
Maintenant je vais attendre pour voir les choix que Toyotagt86 aura fait tous repose sur lui j espère seulement qu' il ne supprime pas certaine choses car moi je l aime déjà beaucoup ..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-21, 02:34 PM   #173
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Bonsoir John

tous d abord je voulais aborder le thème MFM3.3(Kyle) vous aviez raison j ai pu insérer le mods est cela pendant une carrière mais celui d Alex semble capricieux parfois mais cela dit il a fonctionner...mais je demande si ce n est pas du au fait que c était la mise a jour.. est MFM était déjà présent dans ma carrière...les Sauvegardes sont très importante ici attention avant de commencer si vous avez déjà une longue carrière faite un Backup sinon en revoir...
pour ce qui est de la météo les réglages "Stiebler" sont important ainsi que "Hsie" et "Commander" car il ne donnerons pas forcément les effets souhaiter car j ai essayer plusieurs configuration pour m en rendre compte le fichier scene.sim & scene.dat ... act.sim les fichier de configuration Env. Misc. Texture.etc beaucoup de paramètres influe sur la météo
le mod "SH3Weather"je n y pensais plus a celui la c est celui utiliser par Alex pour avoir un meilleur changement pour moi c est la force du mods D alex depuis un bon moment il fonctionne vraiment pas mal je trouve
Maintenant je vais attendre pour voir les choix que Toyotagt86 aura fait tous repose sur lui j espère seulement qu' il ne supprime pas certaine choses car moi je l aime déjà beaucoup ..
Yes, I remember long ago a discussion as to whether the settings at the beginnings of the campaign files affected the weather, but I can't remember if anything came of that.

Most likely not, otherwise Stiebler and others wouldn't have done the work they did.
Old 12-20-21, 05:31 PM   #174
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Yes, I remember long ago a discussion as to whether the settings at the beginnings of the campaign files affected the weather, but I can't remember if anything came of that.

Most likely not, otherwise Stiebler and others wouldn't have done the work they did.
I may have explained myself incorrectly ..
obviously Stiebler & H.Sie is essential ..thanks to those awesome designers..which seems so rare here now ...
what I wanted to say was that certain things vary very quickly it depends on these famous settings in the Stiebler and H.Sie and "to order" as well as the Stiebler version to use ... because the environment can vary according to the version ... in plus those who use a different Atmospherique mods are you of course that: the career does not influence the inside .. because of the backups that do not load .. in bad weather especially in the North Sea which is shallow .. and this the depth .. bad weather .. or other things .. even speeding up the time more than 256x .. is not recommended for this use because the weather sometimes gets crazy.
Anyway, you are the expert .. I only test it is all ... KM_U669 Regards

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 12-20-21 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-20-21, 05:40 PM   #175
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

radar

For Myself, those Time Compression settings or TC, as it were... are set no higher for Me, than the following:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=64
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=64
HunterState=64
3DRender=64
Maximum=512

That's the ones I roll with in each & every SH3, SH4 set up I have, that I play.

The location, that that file is in, in the main.cfg file, located in \data\Cfg so it's known just where to find it.

Of course... there is always in SH3Cmdr, the ability in settings, to set them to that, there as well, too.

M. M.
Old 12-20-21, 05:41 PM   #176
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I may have explained myself incorrectly ..
obviously Stiebler & H.Sie is essential ..thanks to those awesome designers..which seems so rare here now ...
what I wanted to say was that certain things vary very quickly it depends on these famous settings in the Stiebler and H.Sie and "to order" as well as the Stiebler version to use ... because the environment can vary according to the version ... in plus those who use a different Atmospherique mods are you of course that: the career does not influence the inside .. because of the backups that do not load .. in bad weather especially in the North Sea which is shallow .. and this the depth .. bad weather .. or other things .. even speeding up the time more than 256x .. is not recommended for this use because the weather sometimes gets crazy.
Anyway, you are the expert .. I only test it is all ... KM_U669 Regards

The only thing I'm an expert at is not being an expert.
Old 12-20-21, 05:44 PM   #177
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
For Myself, those Time Compression settings or TC, as it were... are set no higher for Me, than the following:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=64
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=64
HunterState=64
3DRender=64
Maximum=512

That's the ones I roll with in each & every SH3, SH4 set up I have, that I play.

The location, that that file is in, in the main.cfg file, located in \data\Cfg so it's known just where to find it.

Of course... there is always in SH3Cmdr, the ability in settings, to set them to that, there as well, too.

M. M.

I use Commander for these tc settings which I've used for a long time now with no problems:
[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=256
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=64
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=256
HunterState=256
3DRender=2048
Maximum=2048
Old 12-20-21, 05:47 PM   #178
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=8
CriticalDamage=1
CrewEfficiency=1
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=64
CharacterAnim=64
EnemyDetected=1
RadioReport=1
Particles=64
PrayState=64
HunterState=64
3DRender=64
Maximum=512

M. M.
Thx Monsieur Mad Mardigan for these details which can help the neophyte
Old 12-22-21, 08:40 AM   #179
NTurano
Watch

Downloads: 79
Default A great little detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
The 4gb patch is already activated

Yes if not already set, Open the SH3 folder and change the SH3.exe, Cmdr.exe and JSGME.exe to WIN7 compatibly / and run as ADMIN.

Jerry (Baltimore Md.) or Doolar (CA45)

A great little detail! All day yesterday and today I was translating your comments to find out what the blessed fault was. The truth is that it is an extraordinary contribution in which they extend the validity of this game. Thanks!
NTurano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-21, 05:20 PM   #180
complutum
Torpedoman

Downloads: 384

i´ve downloaded this nice compilation and try it in my home pc, not laptop.
The native resolution of my screen is 1360x768.
Any time i start the game, just by its icon or via commander, the resolution changes to 1024x768 and i loose part of the game image on both sides.
Tried also onealex compilation and it works fine in my screen native resolution.
Is ther any way to adjust this nice compilation to 1360x768.
Thanks in advance and a great cheers to Toyotagt86 for its wonderful work.