Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-11-21, 02:48 PM   #2386
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Come on. Now you are being petty. The reason I pointed out the Michael Reinoehl / Aaron Danielson case is because of your refusal to condemn Antifa violence. Just to reiterate so there is no confusion. I whole heartedly condemn any and all political violence. There is no specific about it. If you can think of any group of thugs that you might think I would not condemn let's hear it. We will clear that up immediately.
Antifa (anti-fascists) is not an organized group. It's like you trying to condemn anti-terrorists (people who detest terrorism) for something a person who adopts that philosophy did that was reprehensible.. In fact, I don't see why you're not anti-fascist (Antifa). Yes, you provide an example of someone claiming to be an anti-fascist killing a proud boy. That was bad. But it's not a true or accurate moral assessment against anti-fascism. I'm glad you are against violence and extremism in spite of your confusion, however.
Old 09-11-21, 02:51 PM   #2387
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

40 to 50 shots fired. As far as i read the police shot Reinoehl while they had a warrant to arrest him. He ran, they shot him. 40-50 times.

Also:
"Reinoehl’s death came on same day that he appeared to confess to shooting Danielson in an video interview, claiming that he acted in self-defense.
‘I had no choice. I mean, I, I had a choice. I could have sat there and watched them kill a friend of mine of color. But I wasn’t going to do that,’ Michael Reinoehl, 48, said in a clip of a video interview published by Vice News on Thursday."

"Reinoehl did not say outright that he shot Danielson in the fragment of video shown by Vice News before the full interview is aired on Thursday night, but did say his actions that night were in self-defense."

B.t.w. when it comes to looting and all that i take it there was a good arithmetic means of american people to do that, but most probably not 'Antifa'. They define themselves for political protest.
The only reason this keeps being echoed is that Trump once said it to put the blame on what he hates.
As we know he says and hates a lot of things.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-11-21 at 03:09 PM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 03:32 PM   #2388
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Antifa (anti-fascists) is not an organized group.
Neither are serial killers, child molesters and rapists. Society does not tolerate them because they are not organized. There is an obvious reason.

Quote:
It's like you trying to condemn anti-terrorists (people who detest terrorism) for something a person who adopts that philosophy did that was reprehensible.
We don't condemn people for belonging to any group. At least I don't. I don't condemn Antifa for their political beliefs although I might disagree with those beliefs. I condemn them for political violence. It is no more complicated than that.

Quote:
In fact, I don't see why you're not anti-fascist (Antifa).
I can think of a number of reasons. I don't agree with their political philosophy which is way too far left. And I don't agree with their chosen methods for combating fascism. Political violence will not make society one bit better. They act like spoiled children.

I can be opposed to a lot of political extremism without the cosplay.

Quote:
But it's not a true or accurate moral assessment against anti-fascism.
Quote:
in spite of your confusion
Possibly not but why not improve yourself. Why have anything to do with thugs and anarchists? Why do you defend them?

That's why I am confused.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 03:45 PM   #2389
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:

Possibly not but why not improve yourself. Why have anything to do with thugs and anarchists? Why do you defend them?

That's why I am confused.
You were confused to start with. You bought into the fable that people who are anti-fascist are thugs and anarchists, by default. However, it's a proven fact that the fascists they despise are the thugs (and even anarchists, to a degree). Your assessment that I require improvement due to your mistaken assumptions is either part of your confusion or existential projection.
Old 09-11-21, 04:23 PM   #2390
u crank

Quote:
You were confused to start with. You bought into the fable that people who are anti-fascist are thugs and anarchists, by default.
Oh my. It is in the same post you are quoting from.

Quote:
We don't condemn people for belonging to any group. At least I don't. I don't condemn Antifa for their political beliefs although I might disagree with those beliefs. I condemn them for political violence. It is no more complicated than that.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-11-21, 04:34 PM   #2391
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Why have anything to do with thugs and anarchists? Why do you defend them?
Oh my.
Old 09-11-21, 04:43 PM   #2392
u crank

Quote:
Oh my.
Your problem is one of comprehension. The thugs and anarchists I am referring to and I would hope that you don't associate with or defend are the people who are breaking the law. Some of those people are in the non organization broadly known as Antifa. You aren't defending people who break the law are you?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-11-21, 04:49 PM   #2393
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Your problem is one of comprehension. The thugs and anarchists I am referring to and I would hope that you don't associate with or defend are the people who are breaking the law. Some of those people are in the non organization broadly known as Antifa. You aren't defending people who break the law are you?
How in the wide wide world of sports is this supposed to illustrate a comprehension problem on my part? How are you imagining my defense of anything you've claimed so far (much less association)?
Old 09-11-21, 04:52 PM   #2394
Otto Harkaman
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 31

Last edited by Otto Harkaman; 09-12-21 at 07:41 PM.
Otto Harkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 05:01 PM   #2395
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Harkaman View Post
I don't understand why you are hanging out on a forum that is about submarine warfare?

More accurately, a submarine simulation forum. Your life on it seems hardly devoted to such, yerownself (as reflected in your post history). Start or participate in an SH4 (or even general submarine thread) and lure me to it.

Old 09-11-21, 05:11 PM   #2396
u crank

Quote:
How in the wide wide world of sports is this supposed to illustrate a comprehension problem on my part? How are you imagining my defense of anything you've claimed so far (much less association)?
I'm not imagining anything. I am trying to get you to answer a simple question. Would you like me to repeat the question?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-11-21, 05:13 PM   #2397
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

And I who thought that this subforum called General Topic was a place where we discussed anything which isn't exactly related to subs, if we want to discuss subs like SHIII, SHIV or SHV we have subforums for this.

I could be wrong though.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-21, 05:18 PM   #2398
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
I'm not imagining anything. I am trying to get you to answer a simple question. Would you like me to repeat the question?
Which one/version do you want me to answer ... again? Bear in mind, questions based on false presumptions that are leading (ie: have you stopped beating your grandmother?) will not receive 'simple' yes/no answers and will require me to take the time to set you straight (as usual). I'll make the effort to stimie that game every time.
Old 09-11-21, 05:41 PM   #2399
u crank

Quote:
Which one/version do you want me to answer ... again? Bear in mind, questions based on false presumptions that are leading (ie: have you stopped beating your grandmother?) will not receive 'simple' yes/no answers and will require me to take the time to set you straight (as usual). I'll make the effort to stimie that game every time.
Ok. I'll give it a try. I'll do my best to not ask a 'leading' question although I feel that you are giving yourself a way out but hey do what you like. I'm just looking for an answer. Here goes.

Do you condemn the violent members of the loosely affiliated group known as Antifa? Not all of them mind you, just the violent law breakers. Do you condemn them?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-11-21, 05:58 PM   #2400
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Ok. I'll give it a try. I'll do my best to not ask a 'leading' question although I feel that you are giving yourself a way out but hey do what you like. I'm just looking for an answer. Here goes.

Do you condemn the violent members of the loosely affiliated group known as Antifa? Not all of them mind you, just the violent law breakers. Do you condemn them?
I condemned the example you gave, already. Bear in mind, Antifa is not an organized group. I'll be more than happy to condemn anymore specific and unimagined examples that are proven not to be proud boys (an actual organized right wing group) pretending to be either Antifa or BLM and smashing store windows with a hammer or some such.

You've claimed that you condemn any and all violent and illegal activity by any person whether affiliated with a group or not (any group).

If we're good with that then we're merely left with our relative perceptions whether based on provable fact or supposition.

Where do you want to go from here (if anywhere)?