SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-21, 07:28 AM   #106
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810
Uploads: 0

Default Tmo_BH_revision

hello captains
as for the card there should not be any problem it is supposed to change the color only .. I have not had any problem for the moment .. be careful when passing the "Manila" pass out do not exceed 64x the time compression especially near the odds under penalty of immediate CTD.
The revision of the environment of DrJester will not affect your work because I modified it in order not to have the environment thus to keep your work ...

but I haven't finished it yet, maybe I'll see tonight ...
I encountered a lot of graphical problem ... and that without having to modify anything of the said mod especially with the smoke of the boats ... is when it starts with that ... it's never good .. .. moreover I find that marine life is overplayed especially certain species. . as well as graphics problems ... (already discussing with the designer) so I recommend making this mod optional, especially if you are playing "realistic" you cannot see the outside ....
I would love for Vickers' interiors to be there ... it could not be otherwise ... as well as the skins ... I tried ... they are really too dark ..
I'm like Mad Mardigan ... Vickers ... Vickers ... I want to thank you for these tips on Jyunsen B, Kaichu and kaidai IJN mod which is in the works .. greetings M.M

it's all for the moment see you soon

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 10-04-21 at 07:44 AM.
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 08:57 AM   #107
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
I have the following problem have you set up sea life?

It starts well while the assembly is not finished ... !!!
my list mod
[MODS]
TriggerMaru_Overhaul_2-5_UpdateBH Revised Final=1
Nav Map MakeOverTMOUpdate=2
NavMapMakeOverTMOUpdatePatch=3
AlliedShipsTMO=4
ShipsforTMO=5
I just started the game with your great update. I am experiencing this same graphical anomaly. It looks like you sent Kal Maximus a fix by PM. Can you let us know what the fix is?

Thanks!
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 09:14 AM   #108
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
I just started the game with your great update. I am experiencing this same graphical anomaly. It looks like you sent Kal Maximus a fix by PM. Can you let us know what the fix is?

Thanks!
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=5795
Old 10-04-21, 11:02 AM   #109
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Ahoy, Bubble head1980...

In the immortal words of AOL...

"You've got mail.!"...

M. M.
Now... AOL copied off of the Big E:

@ Bubblehead1980 (and all):
You should be able to get Vickers03's current interiors mod to work with TMO, and Bubbles update by editing some of the NSS_SubName.upc files, just changing a few "strategic" lines. Some of the subs are quite different between FotRSU and TMO, and there might be a few tweaks need in the NSS_SubName.dat files, as well as maybe the UnitPartXSubName.upc files to match Vicker's mod, but it should be doable by comparing the TMO versus FotRSU versus Interior versions of the upc files and changing appropriate lines. There ~might~ be a conning tower or two dat file that might need some matching work also (equipment nodes, crewing). Leave Vickers alone so we get the rest of his artwork into the subs sooner - unless of course, he needs a break from the art, and wants to do text for a while instead... lol

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 12:03 PM   #110
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Default ships variation displacement

in mod

after modification

Old 10-04-21, 12:22 PM   #111
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

I found this:

So, It's Godzilla or Skull Island?

Finished my first mission, so far so good. Enjoying the surface attacks and also got the "Manila" pass CTD.

Last edited by Rhodes; 10-06-21 at 09:23 AM.
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 01:13 PM   #112
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I found this:

Finished my first mission, so far so good. Enjoying the surface attacks and also got the "Manila" pass CTD.
yes this is the Vickers 4K map which has certain details that others do not ...
Old 10-04-21, 01:29 PM   #113
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
hello captains
as for the card there should not be any problem it is supposed to change the color only .. I have not had any problem for the moment .. be careful when passing the "Manila" pass out do not exceed 64x the time compression especially near the odds under penalty of immediate CTD.
The revision of the environment of DrJester will not affect your work because I modified it in order not to have the environment thus to keep your work ...

but I haven't finished it yet, maybe I'll see tonight ...
I encountered a lot of graphical problem ... and that without having to modify anything of the said mod especially with the smoke of the boats ... is when it starts with that ... it's never good .. .. moreover I find that marine life is overplayed especially certain species. . as well as graphics problems ... (already discussing with the designer) so I recommend making this mod optional, especially if you are playing "realistic" you cannot see the outside ....
I would love for Vickers' interiors to be there ... it could not be otherwise ... as well as the skins ... I tried ... they are really too dark ..
I'm like Mad Mardigan ... Vickers ... Vickers ... I want to thank you for these tips on Jyunsen B, Kaichu and kaidai IJN mod which is in the works .. greetings M.M

it's all for the moment see you soon

Of course, free to use another environmental mod but keep in mind it will likely alter the intended experience of the as its not just the environment, it is how the enemy sensors interact with it, and even slightest change can have undesired outcomes. A major point of this mod was to add realistic night surface attacks, which is not just the attack itself, but the approach, and evasion, the ability to maneuver on surface as a US submarine could and did in mid to late war when surface attacks became a major part of the attack doctrine. This was due to the low visibility of submarines, lack of effective japanese radar etc. and the fact that is gets rather dark on the open ocean at night, and again a submarine is a tough target. This required making the nights darker, they were always far too light in SH 4 and the major part was adjusting the sensors. With the darker nights, the default sensors made the AI basically blind in low light conditions. I literally spent two months during development of this mod getting it balanced just right. Having said that, let me know how it turns out, I am interested and of course open to environmental improvements.

I am confused as to why the graphics issues, none of those on my end. Would clarify what problems you are having ? smoke of the boats? Same as has been in TMO for a long time, did not need changing. Te skins? These skins are native tmo skins and then the optional mods has foobars excellent hi res skins as tmo has long had.

When I leave manila bay in 1941 it usually at 556 or 1096 time compression and had no CTD, no other reports of it. There is a large US minefield there though from December 41- May 42 when Corregidor is captured. Then a large underwater minefield to prevent submerged entrance (along with patrols and skilled shore batteries) . The minefield at high time compression may be a bit much for some systems. which is likely the cause of your CTD when at high time compression.

The marine life is vickers sea life mod incorporated to the mod. I made no changes. May make it optional next release.

Yes, would love to have vickers interiors (well we do, his overhaul of control rooms and conning towers interiors for TMO were incorporated some time ago) but I know you mean like FOTRS with the officers quarters etc Unfortunately at this time they are NOT compatible with TMO. I tried and one user tried, had a lot of issues. Vickers has said there will be a TMO version of the interiors for his boat, takes time though.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-21, 01:32 PM   #114
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

Thanks!
Hi, MADLOU,

I will post a fix to download here today(about 30 minutes) or you may download vickers-3's sealife mod and run after all of the required and optinal TMO mods provided and will be good to go. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 10-04-21, 01:38 PM   #115
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I found this:

Glad are enjoying it. Okay, I will check into the CTD, has not happened to me and my first patrol was out of Manila. . Date/Time of the CTD (in game) what time compression were you at? Are you running any extra mods? LAA enabled? Did it happen more than once? you were in manila bay or at entrance etc? There is a large, surfaced, US minefield protecting the bay entrance with a narrow gap for ships to enter and exit and suspect it is the culprit, or could be submerged submarine operating. They are stable but did have a CTD in testing one time, because was using too high time compression. I will attempt to isolate the CTD and remedy. Otherwise, things ran fine yes?
Old 10-04-21, 01:39 PM   #116
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
yes this is the Vickers 4K map which has certain details that others do not ...
Is that vickers map or nbjackso's map makeover, which is what I used in TMO update, slightly modified.)not the map but some of the harbor traffic etc)
Old 10-04-21, 02:08 PM   #117
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:

Thanks!

Below is the link to the fix, check out the README included for instructions, it is easy. Let me know how it works.
Old 10-04-21, 02:12 PM   #118
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Now... AOL copied off of the Big E:

@ Bubblehead1980 (and all):
You should be able to get Vickers03's current interiors mod to work with TMO, and Bubbles update by editing some of the NSS_SubName.upc files, just changing a few "strategic" lines. Some of the subs are quite different between FotRSU and TMO, and there might be a few tweaks need in the NSS_SubName.dat files, as well as maybe the UnitPartXSubName.upc files to match Vicker's mod, but it should be doable by comparing the TMO versus FotRSU versus Interior versions of the upc files and changing appropriate lines. There ~might~ be a conning tower or two dat file that might need some matching work also (equipment nodes, crewing). Leave Vickers alone so we get the rest of his artwork into the subs sooner - unless of course, he needs a break from the art, and wants to do text for a while instead... lol

I have tried to see if could make them compatible with no luck, seems a bit out of my wheel house currently. I'll wait patiently, will definitely be worth it.
Old 10-04-21, 02:18 PM   #119
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Quote:
in mod

after modification

Very nice. Which mod are using again?
Old 10-04-21, 04:06 PM   #120
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Very nice. Which mod are using again?
Can you give me the radar carrier .. aerial detection .. of the class porpoise in December 41 condition clear wind 5m: s knowing that the vessel is moving on the surface at 12 knots ..
for the mod that I use for the moment are in test phase .. and its modification by me .. I have abstracted some files .. inside in order to keep your work as much as possible ...
namely 'Doc Jester' s Overhaul 'is' ships displacement variation'
Regarding the smoke I will give you my comments shortly ...
When has your history of coastal mines .. in relation to the "side" question are there any mines anchored in the rad at that time .. in this past.? I don't know ... then I doubt it since it is the start of hostilities. But I don't know the answer yet .. !!! It is up to you to enlighten me .... as I have already told you I play more at the battles of the Atlantic and know the uboats much better and I have a better knowledge of them elsewhere these buildings are very superior in all respects to all the nation of the time ... I don't know the American submarine confit very well, shame on me but I'm here to learn .. is I must say that I really like this forum ... Hi, some member of the forum with whom I learned is keep learning .. it's exciting ..
Here is my Batiment on patrol just escaped a bomber attack shortly .. I did not look for the fight ... being poorly equipped for an air attack

approaching the Luzon objective in the strait ...

see you soon greeting Bubblehead1980

Last edited by Kal_Maximus_U669; 10-04-21 at 04:29 PM.