SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-17-21, 08:22 AM   #181
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
hm they should have worked...
Oh yes, the telegraphs function as intended in the game engine - as far as clicking for Stop, Ahead Full, etc. I just meant individually, such that you could set the Port telegraph to Back One Third and Starboard to Ahead One Third, and turn a pinch faster at slow speeds... lol - Alas, the 4 motors of the submarine are based on a U-Boat model with only two, and they are "joined at the hip", and operate as one.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 10:45 AM   #182
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Oh yes, the telegraphs function as intended in the game engine - as far as clicking for Stop, Ahead Full, etc. I just meant individually, such that you could set the Port telegraph to Back One Third and Starboard to Ahead One Third, and turn a pinch faster at slow speeds... lol - Alas, the 4 motors of the submarine are based on a U-Boat model with only two, and they are "joined at the hip", and operate as one.
Ahoy, propbeanie...

Yeah, I agree with ya on that. Sadly motor control is joined at the hip.. like a Siamese conjoined twin... no independent motor control.. which... suuuccckkksss majorly...

M. M.

Old 03-17-21, 11:03 AM   #183
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

* update: 17.3.21 *
- file updated: there was a mixup in narwhal/porpoise upgrade classes
thanks propbeanie!

Last edited by vickers03; 03-17-21 at 01:42 PM.
vickers03 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 06:32 PM   #184
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179

This mod is a game-changer for me. Thank you for this.
Old 03-28-21, 07:51 PM   #185
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
not fully compatible but TMO version will be next..

Very nice. Is that flooding I see? We wil get actual flooding? Amazing.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-21, 08:17 PM   #186
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO Re: Question...

Know with a previous use of this mod, while in the main control room.. was NOT able to click on the hatch, leading into the conning tower, just prior to being able to click the hatch/ladder, leading to the bridge view...

Is that able to be done, with clicking on the hatch & pop up into the conning tower, or do you still have to free roam from the control room into the conning tower section.?

With before, trying to click on that hatch, leading into the conning tower section, it would not do so.. had to free cam roam up there. Once there, was able to click on the ladder/hatch leading to the bridge once in the conning tower area... so has that been fixed to be able to go from the control room... to the conning tower, or not.?

Hopefully, haven't confluzzled you... vickers03

M. M.

Old 03-29-21, 01:23 AM   #187
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Very nice. Is that flooding I see? We wil get actual flooding? Amazing.
there is some flooding if your hull is nearly gone, couldn't link it up to the actual flooding levels, controller doesn't work.

Quote:
Is that able to be done, with clicking on the hatch & pop up into the conning tower, or do you still have to free roam from the control room into the conning
at the moment you have to go up there as everything is one large room now. maybe later with different camera positions.
Old 03-29-21, 08:47 PM   #188
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
at the moment you have to go up there as everything is one large room now. maybe later with different camera positions.
Just an observation, not a criticism, as it stands, FotRS-U-EN, does have the cams for clicking the hatch between the control room & the conning tower... so, would it not be feasible to use that to inject into your mod...

Just a thought.

M. M.

Old 03-30-21, 01:23 AM   #189
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Just an observation, not a criticism, as it stands, FotRS-U-EN, does have the cams for clicking the hatch between the control room & the conning tower... so, would it not be feasible to use that to inject into your mod...
as i said- it's one large room now, so the cameras work different.
Old 03-30-21, 10:41 AM   #190
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
as i said- it's one large room now, so the cameras work different.

Ok.. Was just a thought.. will wait & see what you can work out on it, vickers03, knew the cams worked in FotRS, just figured that maybe you could use them with your mod.

M. M.

Old 04-25-21, 03:02 AM   #191
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

I'm having much better luck using megamods than I used to. Seeing this officers quarters mod was a thrill. I know many in this community have desired submarines that could be toured from stem to stern. Understanding that this is a WIP, the current state of it is still quite enjoyable.

A big <S> to Rockon' Robin, Vickers03 and James Nix (I had to use his 'eye fix.').

Here's a walkthrough of the Porpoise, Salmon, Balao and S classes (FOTRS ver. 1.2 - the latest won't work for me + the officer's quarters patch and the eye patch - that is all. I've learned that less is more if you want things to work):

Old 04-25-21, 04:51 AM   #192
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Here's a walkthrough of the Porpoise, Salmon, Balao and S classes (FOTRS ver. 1.2 - the latest won't work for me + the officer's quarters patch and the eye patch - that is all. I've learned that less is more if you want things to work):
there is something seriously wrong with your mod setup.

you need at least the FOTRSU 1.2 Officers Quarters compatibility patch.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/42m5p...bility.7z/file

but i recommend try again with 1.46 there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

you can try to delete documents/sh4/data folder after deactivating FOTRSU 1.2, then activate 1.46
Old 04-25-21, 11:11 AM   #193
Arlo
The Old Man

Tried it three times, V. Read about the SH4 folder on the forum. Turns out, I have no SH4 folder.

1.46 Never made it past the office to water transition. The only error message it gave during the CTD (and only once) was 'unknown error.' So I was thrilled that an older version worked.

[edit]

Wait a sec! Turns out I *do* have an SH4 folder (realizing that by 'documents' we weren't talking about something in the SH4 game but in general documents).

Things mystify me. Especially how a folder in the documents section affect my game.

Last edited by Arlo; 04-25-21 at 12:17 PM.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-21, 02:44 PM   #194
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Tried it three times, V. Read about the SH4 folder on the forum. Turns out, I have no SH4 folder.

1.46 Never made it past the office to water transition. The only error message it gave during the CTD (and only once) was 'unknown error.' So I was thrilled that an older version worked.

[edit]

Wait a sec! Turns out I *do* have an SH4 folder (realizing that by 'documents' we weren't talking about something in the SH4 game but in general documents).

Things mystify me. Especially how a folder in the documents section affect my game.
Ahoy, Arlo...

Because... that folder, contains info when you run it, every time.. & gets updated as you progress

This also applies, if you add in a mod, then yank it out. Any & all info that pertains to the yanked mod, will still be there & will invariably WILL contribute to CTD's.. the bane of gamers, at some point in time.. might not be right off, other times.. soon as you try & load up... *BAM* CTD.

That's why it does.. & why it is important, to delete... Think of it, as like the reset button on your computer.

Hope this info, helps...

M. M.

Old 04-25-21, 03:47 PM   #195
Arlo
The Old Man

Thanks, MM. Will do.