SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-07, 04:20 PM   #76
Capt.LoneRanger
Bosun

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hardcore.

When I shouted "ALAAAARM! FLUUUUUTEN!" in response to the outcome, my wife agreed. :hmm:

Capt.LoneRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:21 PM   #77
melendir
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 82

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

The test did had a few direct hits
I have a gridmap when I play SH3... I don't use the redlamp though... Yes I play Dangerous Waters with "full" realism

Let's wait and see what NASA will do with those results... it did say that NASA is involved and it was written, so it has to be true... right?
melendir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:22 PM   #78
Mylander
Torpedoman

Downloads: 21

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

ps-Andrea the giant? Did Andre have a sister?

Yes, a little known fact - she was a big chick too...

Mylander
Old 04-09-07, 04:35 PM   #79
republicofpepsi
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."
republicofpepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:43 PM   #80
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Cut my teeth on SHCE,other that it's correct.Cool quiz.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:51 PM   #81
SgtWalt65
Torpedoman

Downloads: 65

Make my day!

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".

But hey I wanted this title. This fits me better.
STRATEGIC SUBSIM SKIPPER
For you, Silent Hunter 4 is just Battleship with shiny, moving pieces. You see the big picture, you think long term, and you are indifferent to political consequences. They would not have put you in charge of a $2 billion attack sub if they didn't want you to use it. You learned that back in Red Storm Rising and you never forgot. You prefer handling large scale operations like Fleet Command and Fighting Steel. Half your time is spent setting up mind-numbingly complex battle plans, with 8 layers of contingencies. You pray for the day Sonalysts will release a ballistic missile sub. With nukes. Every day is a good day for the other side to die. Your motto is "Be my friend or be a mushroom cloud."

Last edited by SgtWalt65; 04-09-07 at 05:11 PM.
SgtWalt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 04:54 PM   #82
Shaffer4
Ensign

Downloads: 3

ROLE-PLAYING SUBSIM SKIPPER
Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. Your a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

I'm only 25.. but it fits... especially that last sentence.. Looks like they have been watching me play Madden in franchise mode... well, except for that talking to them bit.. :rotfl:
Old 04-09-07, 04:57 PM   #83
Donner
Officer

Downloads: 113

Hardcore.

Actually....I didn't expect to score anything less.
Old 04-09-07, 05:01 PM   #84
Rilder
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Your taste in sub and naval games runs the gamut from Grey Wolf to Silent Hunter 4. You have tried them all, at varying realism options. Your a lit-tle old-er than the typical subsim skipper, and probably remember using a tape cassette player to load programs onto your Radio Shack TRS-80. Your primary joy is using your imagination to put yourself into the game. You are able to overlook little details like the crew appearing instantly on the bridge, or wonky AI: to you, these are easily worked into the story as a crew who are really light on their feet, and frigates that have green skippers. The game platform gets you halfway there, your imagination does the rest. You spend lots of time setting up your crew management so it's just right and may even talk to them. You relish managing support and logistics in games like Pacific Storm, Navy Field, and Silent War.

----------

I'm not that old though, I'm only 16
Old 04-09-07, 05:08 PM   #85
SSBlitz.
Bilge Rat

lol, I wish I could play at full realism. I am starting to toy with the idea. I am full realism except for the targeting.
SSBlitz. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 05:08 PM   #86
Bertgang
Sparky

Downloads: 1

I seem to be one more hardcore skipper.
Strangely, my soul is for role-playing.
Someone should be a liar: me or the test.
Bertgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 05:29 PM   #87
Cptn_Enth
Watch

Downloads: 52
Default Poll results...

Pearl Harbor, HI
Cptn_Enth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 05:35 PM   #88
Overkill
Frogman

Downloads: 128

I'm feel'n kind'a old now.
Old 04-09-07, 05:36 PM   #89
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-07, 05:56 PM   #90
NightCrawler-SimHQ
SimHQ

Does This Count as a Newbie!

NUKE SUBSIM SKIPPER
Periscopes are for wimps. Let's face it, any snapperhead can bring a WWII subsim to periscope depth, lock onto the red triangle and plug away. Real men never get closer than 8000 yards to their target. Your subsim of choice is made by a company in Waterford, Conn. You thrive on complex Target-Motion Analysis equations, deciphering broadband contacts, and gauging ESM signal strength. You are paler than Siberian stripper and proud of it. You long for the day you can take your Seawolf class nuke into an online game against a whole fleet of Type VIICs. One ADACP equals "make my day".
NightCrawler-SimHQ is offline   Reply With Quote