SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-07, 02:12 PM   #166
hobnailboot
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Hardcore!!!!!!

"No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism".

Do not know about Gato, give me a type IXB anyday, and it is sadly true Yes I do have the map on the wall, but I have not bothered about the red light, As I may get unwanted visitors in the middle of the night ringing the doorbell:rotfl: .
Old 04-10-07, 03:00 PM   #167
Der Graf Von Rudklide
Watch

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0

ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER -

Not really - Its says also that i love to play Battlestations Midway - - - - I never wasted a dime on that crap game.

I play SH4 on 100% realisme as i did SH3.

Ive played them all ever since my first Commandore C64 -
Der Graf Von Rudklide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 03:01 PM   #168
Cakewalk
Engineer

Downloads: 6

No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
You are the "sim" in Subsim.

w00t! Dive planes set for hardcore dive!

Its not a bug... its a feature!
Cakewalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 03:19 PM   #169
Von Stormin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

ACTION-ORIENTED SUBSIM SKIPPER
Oh hell, who are we kidding? Working TMA in Dangerous Waters is as exciting as watching paint dry. You want no part of it, and rightfully so, you are a man of action, the reason games with good graphics sell. You may try a hand at Silent Hunter 4 but only with fast reloads and never dud torpedoes. Who says you cannot sink a whole convoy and never drop below 16x time compression? And manual TDC? Are they crazy? If you wanted to work trig problems, you could do that in school. No, you like fast-paced games like Battlestations: Midway and Steel Tide. Blow stuff up real good! Zoom! Blam! Full speed ahead--look, a kitty!
Old 04-10-07, 03:20 PM   #170
OakGroove
中国水兵

Downloads: 10

It says i'm hardcore...
OakGroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 03:28 PM   #171
klh
Ensign

Downloads: 200

Quote:
HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.
Ha! I do use a red light (but I have to take it out when company comes over), and I enjoy sending messages by Enigma, so I guess the quiz isn't too far off.
klh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 04:48 PM   #172
GakunGak
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

http://www.subsim.com/quiz/hardcore.html
I knew it....
Old 04-10-07, 05:28 PM   #173
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar
HARDCORPS
?????

Marine, huh?
Old 04-10-07, 05:45 PM   #174
sunvalleyslim
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 267
Default Hardcore

Must be that time I spent under der sea
Old 04-10-07, 06:01 PM   #175
The_Rus
Watch

Downloads: 0
I got hardcore , but I am mostly a casual subsimer It's my tenth post,:hmm: it only has been 1 1/2 years here.
The_Rus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 06:08 PM   #176
Spruence M
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 29
Default Right On!

HARDCORE SUBSIM SKIPPER
No doubt about it, you are hardcore. You are the kind of subsim player who pins up the Kriegsmarine gridmap on your wall, you use a redlamp when playing at night, your wife lets you know her mother is visiting by shouting "Alarm!" and you didn't know--or care--that Silent Hunter III has a save game feature. You cut your teeth plotting attacks in Gato, sank 28,000 tons in your first Aces of the Deep patrol, and played Dangerous Waters at 100% realism. You scoff at wannabes who whine about some niggling detail in a subsim but use the red triangle-infested auto TDC and auto-map updates. You never, ever, use anything but full realism.

Has someone been spying on me?
Spruence M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 06:51 PM   #177
jbt308
Torpedoman

Downloads: 23

Harcore Subsimmer....

Last edited by jbt308; 04-10-07 at 07:18 PM.
jbt308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 07:08 PM   #178
LiciniusU662
Nub

Hardcore Sub Skipper for me... Bwahahaha!!!

Hey, I played GATO on my Apple II+ Eons ago...
Old 04-10-07, 07:17 PM   #179
Ayari
Watch

CASUAL SUBSIM SKIPPER You fell in love with Aces of the Deep. Your playing style is relaxed, more for fun than historical accuracy. You always play Sub Command or Dangerous Waters from the NavMap (rightclick is your friend), if you ever ventured to play them at all. Probably you prefer WWII subsims like Silent Hunter 3, SH4 and Aces. You may try the manual TDC, but you prefer to leave the auto map contacts on, (blank maps scare you). Even though you know submarine skippers missed targets occasionally in real life, you cannot resist reloading a mission to take another shot at a 10,000-tonne troopship that got away. One ship, one torpedo, finished off with the deck gun--that's the creed you live by.
Ayari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 07:18 PM   #180
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt308
Harcore Subsimmer....

That's cool !