SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-02-23, 06:25 PM   #31
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375
Uploads: 0

way of the hunter it always blowing at 16.5 for me the direction changes though maybe i need to verfie the files i went for another chest shot hit high in the neck almost head that was at 400 yards with the 243 i did track it down little 6 point mule wind speed is working now

Last edited by les green01; 02-02-23 at 08:48 PM.
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-23, 09:45 PM   #32
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38

Wind speed should change, it does for me. Which difficulty are you playing? Which reserve?

Aside from the Alaska announcement, the initial Hunter Log posted by the devs says they are addressing a few things, or intend to. One is the camera bobbing when crouch walking on sloped terrain. It affects me, and I hope they work that out.

Another thing they said is that they are aware that the community generally thinks the UTV is overpriced and they are looking at ways to address this. Which is an interesting way of putting it, and makes me think it won't be a straight price cut. Maybe a series of challenges to unlock a lower price, or something like that?

It is too expensive at 40k, in my view. The gun prices are reasonable, real-world sort of prices. Compared to a typical Polaris for example it's really high. I don't have the funds at the mo to buy it anyway, but I think I'll hang on until this shakes out. Let's see what they decide.
Old 02-03-23, 11:20 AM   #33
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Wind speed should change, it does for me. Which difficulty are you playing? Which reserve?

Aside from the Alaska announcement, the initial Hunter Log posted by the devs says they are addressing a few things, or intend to. One is the camera bobbing when crouch walking on sloped terrain. It affects me, and I hope they work that out.

Another thing they said is that they are aware that the community generally thinks the UTV is overpriced and they are looking at ways to address this. Which is an interesting way of putting it, and makes me think it won't be a straight price cut. Maybe a series of challenges to unlock a lower price, or something like that?

It is too expensive at 40k, in my view. The gun prices are reasonable, real-world sort of prices. Compared to a typical Polaris for example it's really high. I don't have the funds at the mo to buy it anyway, but I think I'll hang on until this shakes out. Let's see what they decide.
ranger or the hardest level only one i done is nez perce i did find a scrape with doe crap so look like they got that model in
Old 02-03-23, 11:57 AM   #34
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Odd. Sometimes my wind is blowing at 9 ft/sec and sometimes 28 ft/sec and all sorts of numbers.

I've been playing on Hunter and maybe on Ranger the wind speed is purposely hidden? I don't know.

I'll go back to Ranger eventually, but I need Hunter Sense to learn the intricacies of the herd management system.
Old 02-03-23, 12:20 PM   #35
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
Odd. Sometimes my wind is blowing at 9 ft/sec and sometimes 28 ft/sec and all sorts of numbers.

I've been playing on Hunter and maybe on Ranger the wind speed is purposely hidden? I don't know.

I'll go back to Ranger eventually, but I need Hunter Sense to learn the intricacies of the herd management system.
wind finally change for me wind wasn't changing and always sunny i reinstall now seem to be working 30 speed and raining and the swaying not has bad must been a bad install i did find out rain will wash out a blood trail.
Old 02-03-23, 01:38 PM   #36
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Interesting. Well, at least it is working correctly now. Enjoy the thunderstorms
Old 02-04-23, 10:03 PM   #37
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

what i can tell is the wind doesn't effect the round and no bullet drop i just reach out and drop a buck at 600 yards with a 30/30 just to see
Old 02-13-23, 11:14 AM   #38
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

New reserve will drop on February 23, price will be 9.99.

Looking forward to it. I fired up Way of the Hunter last night having spent all of my recent play time with Call of the Wild. Right off the bat I spotted a five-star mulie in the river valley near Bear Den Ranch. Couldn't get a good shot as they were down in a thicket along the river, and I spooked them when I got within about 70 yards. They took off to the east, across the river and up the hill, disappearing in to the forest. Dammit.

I crossed the river and climbed the tower there, thinking, well maybe they'll return when the coast is clear. About 30 minutes later the herd came back down the hill and would pass right by my stand. The fiver-star was there with a massive rack, and I waited for the deer to spread out a bit, as my shot was masked behind a leading deer. The five-star bumped in to the one ahead and it made him veer a little to the right.

That was the shot I was looking for and I took it from about 150 yards. He ran off to the left and disappeared behind some spruce trees. I climbed down and went around those trees to harvest my buck. And he was gone. Blood spot said animal survived. Dammit.

It was late and I didn't have time to set off on a long track to verify if he survived. But man, this was a perfect set up and not sure how I failed to take him. When I return I'll follow it. You never know.

That's one neat difference between the two games. When you resume Way of the Hunter it is frozen in the same instant you left. Even if you go hunt the other reserve for a while.
Old 02-15-23, 09:00 AM   #39
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Not to keep everyone in suspense, the outcome of that encounter can be read here

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...ld#Post4620833

And includes some revenge on the wolves.
Old 02-23-23, 10:23 AM   #40
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Alaska reserve has been released. A number of fixes and additions in the patch notes, but two jumped out at me.

There's another ATV option, and reasonably priced at 10k. They also say they've fixed the shotgun penetration which was needed.
Old 08-15-23, 02:59 PM   #41
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

on sale 50% if you hadn't got it now do have bows now though they sound loud when you shoot
Old 11-13-23, 02:21 PM   #42
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Took a months-long break from this game, but two things brought me back in for a look. New Africa reserve called Tikamoon Plains, and a 50%-off sale on Steam.

Decided to buy the new reserve only to find I already had it. Included in the season pass which I thought ended with Alaska, but ignorance is bliss. Since I still held the money I intended to throw at the new reserve, and didn't need to, I picked up the new weapons pack, a selection of Steyr rifles.

I had been asking for a .270 Browning bolt action. Not gonna happen I don't think, but this pack includes a Steyr .270 bolt which is good enough. Such a fine cartridge. This rifle replaces the .308 Monobloc as my main carry rifle.

The new reserve is really nice. I was cool to it when it was announced, after all I didn't care much for Call of the Wild's Africa reserve. But the one in WOTH is very nice indeed.

Sale ends November 18.
Old 11-13-23, 06:24 PM   #43
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Even if I am not into this one its nice to see it developing. Shows that the interest is there.
Old 11-20-23, 01:05 PM   #44
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I guess there is? I play it, but looking at the Steam charts can make me worry. The devs are active in the Steam forum, and assure us they are fully committed. But when I look I see 700 people playing and that's a mighty small number.

It's a better hunting simulation than COTW, but probably not a better game, and so it struggles I think to gain traction. But even if they stopped development today I'd have gotten my money's worth and still have it to play.

This is the hunting game for hunters. I like them both.
Old 11-28-23, 02:26 AM   #45
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

i think for a lot of us you don't make a hunting game and don't put bows and if you going have bird hunting not have dogs in is mind blowing biggest problem i have is the wobble i dont wobble in real life i just kill 5 deer two weeks ago with no wobble these devs are not hunters and it shows i try a spine shot on game didn't drop the animal rl that animal is down heart,lung,liver in game act like they dont get hit rl if they don't drop right off they wobble and move real slow and make about 20 yards for us rl hunters hunting season is in full mode so most during daylight is out in the field also they have the wind effect on the round way off dont get me wrong i still play and try to enjoy but 9 times out of 10 start cussing and have to go outside