SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-23, 07:30 AM   #1
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0
Default In game voice issue

Hi all, I've been away for a good while but got enticed back by Wolfpack which I purchased recently. Blown away by the attention to detail in this sim. Amazing work by such a small team! Since then I've been working through the excellent tutorials and learning all I can before trying multiplayer. I wouldn't like to ruin others game play by my own incompetence. Ooh so much to learn.

My issue is that on trying to test my mic in the games audio options screen, I can't seem to get any response at all and the only clickable option is the PTT check box. I've tried open mic and PTT to no avail. My mic works both in steam and discord, but I just can't get it to work in Wolfpack's mic test in the audio screen. Maybe missing something silly.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.

Last edited by [SJ]Rivet; 08-25-23 at 07:43 AM.
[SJ]Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 11:59 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

[SJ]Rivet!...you haven't been away so long; 4 completed training quizzes for Wolfpack counts too!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-23, 12:39 PM   #3
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Thanks Aktungbby, I think it was about 11 years or so before the training quizzes. Real life really gets in the way sometimes

Already having fun with Wolfpack and can hardly wait for the upcoming new patch! .
Old 08-27-23, 08:00 AM   #4
Flubbo
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SJ]Rivet View Post

My issue is that on trying to test my mic in the games audio options screen, I can't seem to get any response at all and the only clickable option is the PTT check box. I've tried open mic and PTT to no avail. My mic works both in steam and discord, but I just can't get it to work in Wolfpack's mic test in the audio screen. Maybe missing something silly.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work.
I Recommend you verify that your windows have set your mic as default device:

(there is many ways to get to this window but this is quick for me to explain, see link for more options if you dont like the one I am using)
https://www.makeuseof.com/ways-to-op...gs-windows-pc/

first go to the windows run

type
"control mmsys.cpl sounds"

then rightclick on your active mic (i recommend disabling all mic devices you are not intending to use) and select "set as default device" and "Set as default communication device"

lastely you should check steam got it set too use the default so go into your steam voice settings and make sure input is default and your input volume/gain is high.

I know you allready said it work on them both but. this is all I can offer. dont forget to restart the game between changes you do outside of the game to make sure they apply in game.
Flubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-23, 02:03 PM   #5
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

That worked! Thank you so much Flubbo. Seems it was just the windows setting that needed to be set to Default.

Now I just have to bite the bullet and join a crew that doesn't mind showing me the ropes of the uboat systems. So far I think I can manage helmsman & TDC fairly competently.

Timezone wise, I'm in the UK

Last edited by [SJ]Rivet; 08-27-23 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-28-23, 06:21 PM   #6
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-23, 10:32 AM   #7
Flubbo
Swabbie

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SJ]Rivet View Post
That worked! Thank you so much Flubbo. Seems it was just the windows setting that needed to be set to Default.

Now I just have to bite the bullet and join a crew that doesn't mind showing me the ropes of the uboat systems. So far I think I can manage helmsman & TDC fairly competently.

Timezone wise, I'm in the UK
try this discord Duyfken Pact, they run events for EU timezones around 3 times a week. no experience is required.
Flubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-23, 07:51 AM   #8
[SJ]Rivet
Watch

Duyfken Pact, ok thanks