Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-14-22, 02:53 PM   #1
Bindolaf
Seaman

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Two questions, help please

Hello everyone.

It has been a long time, but I'm getting back into it. I lost my installation of SH3, but I have SH5, so I installed Wolves of Steel. I am getting used to things, but I have two questions for now:

1. Is there any way, for the love of Nelson, to skip ahead when exiting harbors? I just spent 30 minutes to an hour getting from Kiel to the edge of my patrol area. I am too old and have way too little time to be able to do this. Is there any way to "teleport" closer to the action? I know it is unrealistic. Also, I don't mean automation, which I used to navigate the canal. Worst 30 minutes of my life.

2. Torpedo and firing solutions. I tested a few things, different angles etc. The torpedo always seems to just shoot straight out, follow bearing 000 and miss. Always, regardless of entered firing solution. Is there something I am missing? Even if I enter totally wrong range, speed, bearing and AOB, the torpedo should follow its gyro and turn a bit, no?

Thank you all in advance!
Old 06-14-22, 10:05 PM   #2
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

As far as teleporting closer to action… no. There is no way to do that. If you want to get into the action quicker you may want to use single missions.

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-22, 06:31 AM   #3
O.Kusch
Sailor man

Downloads: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindolaf View Post

1. Is there any way, for the love of Nelson, to skip ahead when exiting harbors? I just spent 30 minutes to an hour getting from Kiel to the edge of my patrol area. I am too old and have way too little time to be able to do this. Is there any way to "teleport" closer to the action? I know it is unrealistic. Also, I don't mean automation, which I used to navigate the canal. Worst 30 minutes of my life.

2. Torpedo and firing solutions. I tested a few things, different angles etc. The torpedo always seems to just shoot straight out, follow bearing 000 and miss. Always, regardless of entered firing solution. Is there something I am missing? Even if I enter totally wrong range, speed, bearing and AOB, the torpedo should follow its gyro and turn a bit, no?

Hello,

I recommend the game UBOAT for you.

There you have more possibilities to customize the game according to your wishes. The game is not as immersive as SH5 with TWOS, but is more fun to play, especially for people who don't have hours of time to finally get to the 1st (misseed) shot. Also, everything looks a bit nicer.
Greetings
Old 07-02-22, 07:11 PM   #4
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindolaf View Post
Hello everyone.

It has been a long time, but I'm getting back into it. I lost my installation of SH3, but I have SH5, so I installed Wolves of Steel. I am getting used to things, but I have two questions for now:

Thank you all in advance!

Fortunately, you only have to deal with Kiel for the first patrol, after poland operations that is. While you're out on patrol, you will get a message saying your new base of operations is Wilhelmshaven, which is much quicker to get in and out of.
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-22, 07:16 PM   #5
ImBatman
Sailor man

Downloads: 70

As for the second question, see the red button between speed and range on the top right quadrant of the screen? Try clicking that off. It should be gray then. See if that fixes the problem.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (76.1 KB, 8 views)
ImBatman is offline   Reply With Quote