SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-19-12, 09:36 PM   #751
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
TDW, I´m trying to create a new bone for the UBoot_Sensors.GR2 but in the parent window only apear what you can see in the photo. I´ve tried with other GR2 files and all parents appear but not in this one.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1361/snap3vx.jpg
Interesting...I'll fire up Visual Studio and see what's going on
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 11:14 AM   #752
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Has anyone noticed that Room_QR1 renders incorrectly when compared to Goblin? I just noticed this and I see why. In the GR2 file the model has a Flags, Position, and Rotation data. I assumed, once again, that SH5 was using this model data. Wrong again. SH5 is totally ignoring this model data.

In a nutshell the only thing SH5 is using Flags, position, and rotation wise is the bone's data. Meshes that are 'bound' to bones aren't - the only thing they are bound to in the bones is it's extendeddata.

What a freakin mess....
Old 02-20-12, 12:02 PM   #753
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Has anyone noticed that Room_QR1 renders incorrectly when compared to Goblin? I just noticed this and I see why. In the GR2 file the model has a Flags, Position, and Rotation data. I assumed, once again, that SH5 was using this model data. Wrong again. SH5 is totally ignoring this model data.

In a nutshell the only thing SH5 is using Flags, position, and rotation wise is the bone's data. Meshes that are 'bound' to bones aren't - the only thing they are bound to in the bones is it's extendeddata.

What a freakin mess....
SH5 is a real bullsh**, I wonder sometimes why people like you "waste" his time in this piece of crap software (that´s also for me)
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 12:22 PM   #754
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301

Quote:
TDW, I´m trying to create a new bone for the UBoot_Sensors.GR2 but in the parent window only apear what you can see in the photo. I´ve tried with other GR2 files and all parents appear but not in this one.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/1361/snap3vx.jpg
Did you find the problem here?
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 12:45 PM   #755
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Did you find the problem here?
Sure did. I have to have you select a skeleton from the bone's treeview box first before you can add a new bone. This way all the bones from the skeleton are listed as possible parent bones

The incorrect rendering has been fixed. Turns out that SH5 is using the model's data for only the bones. Meshes are rendered as is:

Notice that there are some new checkboxes under the misc tab:
- show world axis
- show camera axis

both of the two above control the visibility of the two little boxes that show the reference axis's for the camera and world

The lock diamond's show controls whether the lock diamond is rendered or not
Old 02-20-12, 12:50 PM   #756
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post

What a freakin mess....
Makes you wonder how they ever made it to a functioning game in the first place!

Great work chaps, you guys are the future of SH5!
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:08 PM   #757
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Makes you wonder how they ever made it to a functioning game in the first place!
They didn't understand the Granny system that's for sure. Just as Privateer said they use about 5-10% of it's potential.

Test version 1.1.67.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1z2r0186qnuzfq7

Fixes problem of not being able to select correct parent bone when adding new bone and incorrect rendering of some GR2 files
Now to add a new bone you first have to select the skeleton from the bone's treeview box
Adds some new checkboxes under the misc tab

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-20-12 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-20-12, 01:11 PM   #758
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Hi

Great

How do you do, for a view so close to this side of the room QR1
Personally, I can not bring too near this side of the room

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-12, 01:24 PM   #759
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGREG View Post
Hi

Great

How do you do, for a view so close to this side of the room QR1
Personally, I can not bring too near this side of the room
Use the numpad keys 2,4,6, and 8 to move the camera. Then use the mouse to pan/zoom. The numpad keys 2,4,6, and 8 adjust where the eye is looking at and moves the camera. Right mouse button and moving mouse fwd/back is camera zoom not move camera fwd/backward (that's 2 and 8).

By using combinations of the numpad keys 2,4,6, and 8 and mouse movements you have total freedom of movement of the camera. You can see anything and move it anywhere. i.e.: pan camera straight up and then press 8. You will move the camera and it's focal point up.
Old 02-20-12, 01:25 PM   #760
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

I have just try the new version : load the QR1 room and clic again on the file menu = error !

"Better watch where you do not go, because where were going, we will know what it is when we get there, and anyway, it will never be only water."

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-20-12, 01:28 PM   #761
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I have just try the new version : load the QR1 room and clic again on the file menu = error !
You must have got to 1.1.66.0 before I could yank it. I found a last minute error and thus replaced it with 1.1.67.0

Zoom camera all the way in first (right mouse button and mouse forward) before using the 2,4,6, and 8 numpad keys
Old 02-20-12, 01:37 PM   #762
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Room_TRF is pretty baren without everything else. Must be in dry-dock for a refit:

Just showing that you do have total freedom of movement of camera

Just about done with the ability to view multiple GR2 files at a time. Actually I have that part coded and working. What I have to do now is if the next GR2 file you load's model is already present (loaded) then I have to give it the already loaded model's position,rotation, and scale data so that it renders in the correct place.

v1.1.67.0 gave you the ability to load multiple GR2 files though the last part above isn't coded in yet.
Old 02-20-12, 01:55 PM   #763
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Ok with the version 1.1.67.0 ,just a little thing a have try to open a hex modified GR2 for remake the CRC checksum ,but we can't no more save just after ,obliged to change a value of bones (and return the original value) or import a meshe to save the file with the good CRC

and thank you for the explanation for movement in editor

Proverbe Shadok
Old 02-20-12, 01:56 PM   #764
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Ok with the version 1.1.67.0 ,just a little thing a have try to open a hex modified GR2 for remake the CRC checksum ,but we can't no more save just after ,obliged to change a value of bones (and return the original value) or import a meshe to save the file with the good CRC
Yes I changed that. Here's what I'll do: I'll add a new menu item that is check filesize/CRC value....give me a few...

EDIT: didn't add the menu item. I just forgot to flag the change in the InfoHeader class

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 02-20-12 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-20-12, 02:06 PM   #765
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v1.1.68.0 available here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iazme3x71k365zn

Fixed bug of when a modified GR2 file was opened whose CRC value and/or filesize was incorrect and you selected yes to correct problem File-->Save was not enabled at start

Now when you correct the problem of the filesize and/or CRC value as soon as file is loaded click File-->Save to save changes to file.