SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-10, 01:27 AM   #61
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default Unexplained Sub damage after leaving Tallin or Kronstadt

My sub gets totally destroyed. I am usually trying the "M" or "C" type sub. I love the mod but problem is getting annoying enough for me not to play this new wonderful mod. This happens a few hours after leaving the home port. I am usually in the deeper channels. No enemy ships nearby. Even submerged. No closer than 10 miles to an enemy town near the coast. Even further from coastline in shallower water but still I get destroyed. Crew is fine. Hull integrity is first at 100% until being destroyed. I've only played in the years 1941 or 42. I have totally uninstalled all mods to see if anything is residual or left over from old mods which causes this strange problem. No solutin found.

Once I get to the intersections of Gulf of Bothnia, and the Gulf of Finland I am fine. Game plays fine for every other major mods such as Trigger, Falling, Run Silent, Operation Monsun. As this happened to anyone else where someone has found out they had some Baltic corrupt files somewhere? Any ideas?

Mods
Baltic_Ver_100
Baltic_ Soviet Captains Office
Baltic_GW_Fix
Baltic_Real_Mines_GW
Baltic_GW_SP1 to 1.01
Baltic English Campaign v2
Baltic English Weapons Data
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:44 AM   #62
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Sounds like it could be a minefield.

I had that as well as I also run the realistic mine mod. Once I had a look at the campaign layer in the Mission Editor, I saw most of my CTD were due to me getting near or into a minefield.

Best thing to do would be to hug the coast and try to avoid the anti-sub patrols.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:46 AM   #63
sergei
Sea Lord

Downloads: 405
Uploads: 29

Yep, that's the one.
There are mines everywhere!
sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-10, 07:48 AM   #64
sergei
Sea Lord

Originally posted on page 2.
May help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikulin View Post
VonHesse, here are real minefield maps:

http://img262.imageshack.us/g/22697934.jpg/

Gameplay maps are in progress
Old 02-24-10, 05:52 PM   #65
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6
Default Thanks MGR1 and Sergei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
My sub gets totally destroyed. I am usually trying the "M" or "C" type sub. I love the mod but problem is getting annoying enough for me not to play this new wonderful mod. This happens a few hours after leaving the home port. I am usually in the deeper channels. No enemy ships nearby. Even submerged. No closer than 10 miles to an enemy town near the coast. Even further from coastline in shallower water but still I get destroyed. Crew is fine. Hull integrity is first at 100% until being destroyed. I've only played in the years 1941 or 42. I have totally uninstalled all mods to see if anything is residual or left over from old mods which causes this strange problem. No solutin found.

Once I get to the intersections of Gulf of Bothnia, and the Gulf of Finland I am fine. Game plays fine for every other major mods such as Trigger, Falling, Run Silent, Operation Monsun. As this happened to anyone else where someone has found out they had some Baltic corrupt files somewhere? Any ideas?

Mods
Baltic_Ver_100
Baltic_ Soviet Captains Office
Baltic_GW_Fix
Baltic_Real_Mines_GW
Baltic_GW_SP1 to 1.01
Baltic English Campaign v2
Baltic English Weapons Data
I thought I read somewhere that the mines was near Sweden. Maybe I mixed up a mission to look out for mines near Sweden. It doesn't help either I was time compressing at 8192X!!!!
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 06:17 AM   #66
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the mines was near Sweden. Maybe I mixed up a mission to look out for mines near Sweden. It doesn't help either I was time compressing at 8192X!!!!
8192? That's asking for trouble!!

The Gulf of Finland is NAAASTAY!

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Old 02-26-10, 01:03 PM   #67
Lazarus905
Swabbie

Downloads: 14

How do you lay mines with the minelayer? I did it once by accident, but every time I actually try to, I cant. So yeah, what do I do?
Lazarus905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 02:26 PM   #68
sergei
Sea Lord

I don't have it installed at the moment, but I played around with the minelaying sub when I had it.

I think you have to set up the TDC for a stern shot (the game still thinks it's a torpedo in the tube).

So if you don't set up the TDC it won't let you 'fire the tube', because it thinks it is outside the gyro range of the rear tube.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.
Old 02-26-10, 02:31 PM   #69
EgoApocalypse
Lieutenant

Location: The system might fail you. But dont fail youself...................
Downloads: 36

"SMA Mine deployment. Since is not possible for me to recreate the launching of the SMA Mines from the mine tubes in the center of the Type VIID, you will be launching them trough the “aft torpedo tubes”. The .sim file for the Type VIID as been modified to support 15 SMA mines and to launch and reload them ever 15 seconds. You will find that you have one already loaded in the aft tube plus 10 in ready reserve, with the remaining 4 in the external storage. To launch do the following:"

"A.– set ships speed to 4 knots
B.– go to Attack Map
C.– select tube 5
D. - select manual TDC"

Thats from the readme OM support file

Could be different tho...............

EgoApocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 04:54 PM   #70
Lazarus905
Swabbie

Downloads: 14

Wonderful! Thank you both! The TDC is what did it.

The only problem being, after mining the ordered region, my objective never updated, I can't win eh?
Lazarus905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 08:33 AM   #71
dyshman
Sailor man

Downloads: 32

there is new one ship from next release of Great War mod. this is soviet ice-breaker Mikoyan. she took part in war actions on Black sea and, after voyage through Indian and Pasific ocean, on Nothern fleet.
http://img299.imageshack.us/i/mikojan.jpg/]
http://hobbyport.ru/ships/mikojan.htm
dyshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 11:17 AM   #72
sergei
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus905 View Post
The only problem being, after mining the ordered region, my objective never updated, I can't win eh?
The minelaying missions are actually set up as part of a patrol mission.
So after you have deployed your mines you still have to remain within a certain radius of the mission icon for a certain amount of time before the objective is completed.

I had the same problem when I took the minelayer out first time. I assumed that laying the mines would complete the objective. This didn't happen, so I investigated by opening the mission into the mission editor. It looked like due to limitations in the game, the BFB team could not set up the mission so that laying the mines completed the objective. So it is actually an altered patrol mission, with the added purpose of laying mines.

The mission radius and time are in the original mission orders you got.
The mission radius can be anywhere from 5 to 50 km, and mission time anywhere from 5 hours to a couple of days.

If you cannot remember what your mission parameters were, then err on the side of caution. Stay within 5km for a few days. You should eventually get mission complete, and a new objective.

The next time I took the sub out, I paid much closer attention to my mission orders
Old 02-27-10, 11:18 AM   #73
sergei
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyshman View Post
there is new one ship from next release of Great War mod. this is soviet ice-breaker Mikoyan.
Looking good
Old 02-27-10, 12:32 PM   #74
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyshman View Post
there is new one ship from next release of Great War mod. this is soviet ice-breaker Mikoyan. she took part in war actions on Black sea and, after voyage through Indian and Pasific ocean, on Nothern fleet.
As Sergei wrote!

Here's a few screens of what I have in my install. I've nabbed a few ideas from RFB and a few other things - though I can't remember exactly what I've done, so apologies if any one spots something of theirs.

First off, tags for places in the Baltic, including the Gulf's of Bothnia, Finland and Riga. You'll also spot Captain America's HUD mod for TMO which I've bodged to fit the RFB style:

Western Baltic;

Southern Baltic;

Gulf of Bothnia;

Gulf of Finland;

Crew screens, featuring Russian names - the crew images I found on the Sukhoi.ru forum before it went down, so credit to the creators Rotten, Dan46-BC-. I also fiddled with the equipment layout in the UPC files;

Now some beauty shots;

The skin on the Shchuka is something I cooked up after seeing a profile of a later version in that colour. It may be a Northern Fleet variation as the profile had a 4XX series number.

Edit: I don't currently have any plans to release this, certainly not without the permission of the people who's files I've used.

Mike.

Last edited by MGR1; 02-27-10 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-27-10, 12:42 PM   #75
sergei
Sea Lord

Good stuff MGR1.
Looks like you are using an environment mod. Looks real pretty!
Which one is it?