SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-25-17, 11:18 PM   #1
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19
Default Add map location disabled?

Title says it all, when I created GONE ASIATIC I used the map location to name the new bases. No longer working, option is grayed out.

Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-17, 09:10 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

eh, I'm too lazy to do screen shots, edit them, upload them, then try to get a link, but...

On the menu bar, You've got "File", "Edit", "Mission", "Tools", etc., click on the "Tools", and then click on the "Map Location Edit Mode", and presto-change-oh, you should be able to use that right-click "Add Map Location"... maybe...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-17, 10:13 AM   #3
Sniper297
The Old Man

Thanks, that was it.
Old 03-27-17, 12:25 PM   #4
Sniper297
The Old Man

And another tip. Main purpose of screwing around with US_NavalBases.mis was to change the Asiatic career for Corregidor as the second home port instead of Surabaya, Java. Corregidor didn't actually fall until the first week in May 1942, so although it would have been kind of hairy (under constant air attack) it would have been possible to have a temporary sub base there until April 42. So I added a naval base there, and changed flotillas.upc;

[Flotilla 2.Base 2]
ID= CORREGIDOR
NameDisplayable= CORREGIDOR
ExternalBaseName= CORREGIDOR
AvailabilityInterval= 1941-12-24, 1942-04-28
DepartureDescription1= 144492150, 1731950, 270
DepartureDescription2= 144492150, 1731950, 270
DepartureDescriptionOut1= 14492150, 1731950, 270

Then spent a couple weeks starting new careers and going through the first patrol to get to the second patrol and DEC 23 1941, when Manila was evacuated. Eventually I got the tilted anchor at Corregidor on Dec 24th, but the option to end patrol there wasn't working. After reading sh3_missioneditor_v17.pdf over several times and looking at the differences in the mission editor, I finally found the problem - whether it's a ship or a land unit, the box for "delete on last waypoint" is automatically checked ON when you place it. For some reason that doesn't disable a US base as a resupply base, but it does disable it as a home port, even though the anchor tilts to indicate that it is the home port. Dunno why it would be programmed like that, but make sure to uncheck the "delete on last waypoint" box so it actually works as a home port IAW the code in flotillas.upc.
Old 03-27-17, 01:12 PM   #5
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The whole thing (ME) is full of strangeness, isn't it?... - frustrating. At least it doesn't put a speed of 5 knots for all the bases and gun emplacements...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-17, 01:48 PM   #6
Sniper297
The Old Man

Yeah, I'm finding other weird glitches. All this modding starts with the "GONE ASIATIC" mod, which starts Asiatic careers having to fight your way out of Manila Bay;

And as soon as I'm in range of Corregidor the resupply option kicks in even when I'm in combat and submerged. That's just wrong in so many ways, evading destroyers with the battery half discharged just click the anchor icon and get full fuel, resupply of torpedoes and secondary weapon ammo, plus recharging the battery without surfacing.
It's not a dream, if it was a dream there would be rum.