SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-31-16, 04:09 PM   #151
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0

Halloween or no halloween, just came back from a pretty intense few hours of a newly purchased Black Shark 2. This will take me a long time to learn.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 04:41 PM   #152
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Wear the mask and just your speedo swimsuit: yer agonna' terrify the lil' buggers!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 06:15 PM   #153
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
Halloween or no halloween, just came back from a pretty intense few hours of a newly purchased Black Shark 2. This will take me a long time to learn.
Keep us informed Von Due
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-16, 11:39 PM   #154
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Due View Post
CHECK EKRANS

In other news, I've just had the early morning ponderance of the fact that in a few days time in the UK we will celebrate the failed attempted by a religious terrorist to destroy the English government. I wonder if an attempt by Daesh was foiled in such a manner whether in four hundred years time people would celebrate that with fireworks?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 03:16 AM   #155
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@von Due: i always wanted to learn to fly a virtual helicopter, but failed miserably already with the FS9 and 10 ones.. and would love to play SH3 and V but so few time

I have a joystick with Twistgrip (old MS ffb) which is sufficient for Rise of Flight and WOFF, however i take it you need some kind of collective for a helicopter to properly 'fly' it ? Would be interesting to hear from your experience with the shark..

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 04:05 AM   #156
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
@von Due: i always wanted to learn to fly a virtual helicopter, but failed miserably already with the FS9 and 10 ones.. and would love to play SH3 and V but so few time

I have a joystick with Twistgrip (old MS ffb) which is sufficient for Rise of Flight and WOFF, however i take it you need some kind of collective for a helicopter to properly 'fly' it ? Would be interesting to hear from your experience with the shark..
I have an X52 with a twist rudder and that handles the Sharkie just fine, the most important thing to learn is the trim system, get that right and the Ka50 is really nice to fly, it's nice to be able to hover and analyse a situation from a constant distance, with the A10C you need to autopilot a lazy circle to do that and then fight with the camera on the TGP which keeps getting blocked by the fuselage or a Maverick...so by the time you've located that SA-8 launcher you've already accidentally blundered into his engagement circle and turned into a Wild Weasel.
Old 11-01-16, 05:09 AM   #157
Catfish

Well the 'shark' has two counterrotating rotors and thus needs no rear one, so maybe you do not need a collective grip? But you'd need one for the Huey, or other 'conventional' helicopters?

Old 11-01-16, 05:58 AM   #158
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Beer and wine is on pre christmas special.....time to spend some of those savings vouchers

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 09:20 AM   #159
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Went out for a walk and some shopping and got two plastic £5 notes back as change. Looks like and feels like toy money to me, I don't like them.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 09:28 AM   #160
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Went out for a walk and some shopping and got two plastic £5 notes back as change. Looks like and feels like toy money to me, I don't like them.
Maybe you're lucky:
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news...astic-11937461

Old 11-01-16, 09:31 AM   #161
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Struck out, both of them are AM.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 11:09 AM   #162
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

OFF to replace light bulbs on mast for Catalina using a bosun chair.Weather is iffy it's been raining all week. Squeezing into the fuel bilge to meter the blown fuses is no joy either! < principle concerns : altitude; one rope to my 240 lbs; and the magma core of the earth pulling on me....considering a nasty bruising 6' fall through the open hatch a year ago...'shivers me timbers' a little. On the upside a week ago: We've added a jibe-preventer, topping lift and blue 'acquisitor' line to the whisker- pole for greater single-handling of the 150% Ullman jib with the whisker pole fully extended on a wing and wing downwind leg. Allows for use of 100% of the 150% huge jib! Talk about 'learning the ropes' here! The downwind was so light with a 6-knot current and glassy-smooth waves instead of the usual 20 knot wind and four-foot swells; we tried out all the new lines w/o fear of falling off the slippery bow... and served lunch-with the auto-tiller manning the helm! We need to tighten up new line-handling technique and replace the velcro'd line-bags (sun-rot) in the cockpit for all this new stuff. The foto-shot is in the Carquinez Strait just east of Mare Island and the mouth of the Napa River. A large ship thoroughfare chokepoint with Stockton Port, refinery oil tanker, jet ferries, and massive car carriers etc. MY first mate-head's on a constant 360° watch at all times in that area.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 11:48 AM   #163
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Well the 'shark' has two counterrotating rotors and thus needs no rear one, so maybe you do not need a collective grip? But you'd need one for the Huey, or other 'conventional' helicopters?
Sadly I don't have the Huey, but I know Schroeder and Dowly do and I don't think either of them have that fancy a control setup, and both of them can throw the Huey around quite well. Schroeder was acting as our SAR helicopter and Bubba transport back the last time we played DCS. The Huey is a lot harder to fly than the Ka50 though so I've been told because it lacks a lot of the auto-trim and gizmos that the Sharkie has.
Old 11-01-16, 12:57 PM   #164
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
@von Due: i always wanted to learn to fly a virtual helicopter, but failed miserably already with the FS9 and 10 ones.

I've gathered quite a few helicopters for flying around in FS9 and 10, and I have a plain old 'Thrustmaster' joystick. The trick is to always keep the nose down; that way you avoid slipping backwards then skidding and spinning out of control
Old 11-01-16, 12:59 PM   #165
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
I've a block of ten AA01 serial numbers I obtained from a friend in the 'trade'

I'm going to keep them for the grandbairn I'm expecting to come along in eighteen months or so

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote