SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-24, 01:54 PM   #331
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Two games at least exist, I tried one of it. Boring. Refunded.

Same for Darts. Tried, boring, refunded.

I like a certain airhockey game (there are several) that is not further developed and has too big grips and disc, but is superior to the others because it features the original's dramatic speed. Plus its free. You want to try it. Remind me of it once you are set up, I direct you to it.
Old 03-24-24, 10:36 AM   #332
Skybird
Soaring

Objective accomplished: staying below 100 strokes.

Bay Hill: 94.

I celebrate with a Double Bailey. I rejoice!

And I easily gave away 4 balls, the score could have been even better.

Its insane how much daily form and psyche influence the daily performance, just two days ago I was fuming and depressed for getting a 128 round. Not to mention the now correctly callibrated clubs, I have readjusted the shaft lengths one more time so that they now seem to fit my body size even better.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-24-24 at 10:45 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-24, 11:04 AM   #333
Skybird
Soaring

This contains two unofficial but extremely helpful guides. The one is on the the game Golf+, the other on attachements available for it.

https://www.vrgolfbag.com/

Thanks to the author Cvan65.
Old 03-24-24, 01:15 PM   #334
Skybird
Soaring

Cruel Pinehurst. The victim is me, in action.

Old 03-26-24, 07:02 AM   #335
Skybird
Soaring

Old 03-26-24, 06:57 PM   #336
Skybird
Soaring

"Merde."

Old 03-27-24, 05:43 AM   #337
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

'BUNKERED'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 06:21 AM   #338
Skybird
Soaring

^ I play with Bundeswehr balls. They have seekerheads to bust every bunker they find.
The old course at St. Andrews has some bunkers like this one, too, but I do not have that course. The bunker in the picture is at the fantasy course "Castle Links":

-------------------
Meanwhile, my second objective has been accomplished as well, much earlier than expected.

I have played once all 15 courses I own and play (2 default courses I dont like and never play, they are fanatsy, years old and boring, and 2 DLC courses I did not buy since they mean nothing to me). The game gives me a modified handicap of 18.7 now. Modified means that settings like wind (I play at medium of three settings, and at coastal reserves at strongest setting), pin height (medium of three levels), speed of the greens (second-fastest of four settings), and tee choosen (always the back tee) have an altering effect on the calculation, the scoring gets bonusses for increased difficulty. In normal life, such bonusses are given only for choosen tee, since wind, speed and pin cannot be standardized in reality like you can in computer formulas. In real life they would calculate with the 8 best rounds you did in your last 20 rounds (40%), so does the game once you have had the minimum of 20 rounds, so far I played just 15 rounds on Pro, (over 60 on Amateur), of which the game scored the best 5 rounds so far (33%) . Five more rounds and the first full scoring will be complete.

I play every day, 18 holes, and sometimes additionally one or two battles and practices. I'm getting better and better, slowly but constantly - expect if it is one of those days, you know... .

Currently editing a small video on the one free default course that I sometimes play, and that comes free with the game: Castle Links.

Over 90% of my VR time and over half of my total computer time gets spend on golf now.

Next objectives: to stabilize my scoring with a full handicap score from 20 rounds, and to bring the handicap further down to at least the 13 I had on Amateur level (where it was easier to accomplish).

Honesty demands to admit that I tell just half of the truth. If I would manually pick the six best rounds and would not weigh in any diffculty setting (not even chosen tees like in reality is scored) but just take the numbers as they are, my handicap would be 26.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-27-24 at 06:55 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:41 AM   #339
Skybird
Soaring

Thats me again - trying my best.

Old 03-27-24, 09:12 AM   #340
Skybird
Soaring

It shere, and it works very well in Fist Person Tennis, Pickleball Pro VR and and Pickleball One. Attaching grip tape follows.

From day of shipment to day of delivery Sweden to Germany: 2 days. It took him just some days to get the item processed first. Comnpoany is named Solidslime, the make many such VR atta chmeents, I also have their Eleven table tennis attachment, it is very good.

Old 03-28-24, 12:07 PM   #341
Skybird
Soaring

Quest game optimizer. I have not tested it myself, so leave it uncommented.

https://anagan79.itch.io/quest-games-optimizer

Old 03-29-24, 07:43 AM   #342
Skybird
Soaring

Drei Dinge braucht der Mann:

And since I wear this, I all of a sudden play better golf!

Old 03-30-24, 09:51 AM   #343
Skybird
Soaring

The pool of available VR games has grown by a new release I waited for and which I would call a truly enriching highlight so far. Medieval Dynasty: A New Settlement is out since yesterday.

Visually it is solid, but not spectacular. Gameplay-wise, it really gets me hooked. It is essentially a survival- sandbox and construction game. No battles between armies, no slaying of dragon, noi fight and conquest is to be done, but just surviving from day to day by doing the rotuines of daily work: famring food, hunting, chopping wood, exploring the world for places and ressources, building a house or a vollage, running it my basic management. This is done in a quite intuitive handling of things, natural grab-and-do mechanisms, and simplification of real world actions. It feels consistent, streamlined, well cosnidered and implemented.

I like that this is a laid-back experience in that you do not get constanlty fight battles against invading armies. Your fight for survival is more "subtle": dont care for having food to eat and water to drink and shelter to protect you from cold seasons and heavy weather, and you die. Simple.

I came across a few more minor bugs, nothing serious or show-stopping. I see great potential in this game. Absolutely recommended!

A revelation was the moving around in caves, the interaction of darkness and shadow with the light of the torch I held. For some reaosn I liked this detail very much.

Old 04-01-24, 05:25 PM   #344
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Have a few questions

1. You have on several occasions mentioned 100W powerbank
Question: Do you have some kind of fixing to fasten it to the headset ?

2. Do you have to swing the golf club hard, as you mentioned in another game thread ?

I have a room where I can play golf. It's my kitchen where I have 2X2 square meter free space.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-24, 07:13 PM   #345
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Have a few questions

1. You have on several occasions mentioned 100W powerbank
Question: Do you have some kind of fixing to fasten it to the headset ?

2. Do you have to swing the golf club hard, as you mentioned in another game thread ?

I have a room where I can play golf. It's my kitchen where I have 2X2 square meter free space.

Markus
The powerbank is not strapped to the headset. I use a 1m wire to connect headset with powerbank, I carry the latter in a belt pouch on my hip (if I use it, whcih is not always the case). If I sit, I place the battery loosely beside me on the couch or table, again with the wire. I linked to the items I use, at Amazon, in an earlier post.

The Golf club attachement I now use, is 55cm long. - The playing area I move around inside, is around 2.50x2.30, if need be one axis could be "extended" by 1m if I play table tennis for example and must jump to the left and right, far away fromm the table, to save a ball; one corner of that normal playing area however is covered by one edge of my bed, at knee height. But I swing above it, dont touch it. I play Tennis and Squash games with a racket attachment that "extents " my right arm by around 13cm. So, in my space, I have no problems. If your 2x2 meters however are solid walls or furniture, then - I would get something shorter than my Golf club attachment. Or play with just controllers.

I also mark the center of my playing area with a hand-sized round tile that I place on the carpet. I can feel it with my foot and then know that I'm "safe" and can stretch my arms out in all directions and swing my bat attacks without breaking anything. I don't use the mask's virtual guardian system.

The Golf club I use is designed to mimic the weight distribution and feeling of mass when swinging a real golf club. And yes, I swing it with all my power, thats why I have sometimes muscle problems currently, I am still not used to it. To copy the grip and holding of a real golf club allows you to exactly use the same grip, stand and swing movement of your whole body. That is needed to get realistic reach and precision.

My club weighs around 530 gr with controller attached, but it is shorter than a golf club. I read the maximum weight for heavy golf clubs is around 480gr for the biog things, the shorter irons obviously are lighter. The higher weight at the tip is needed to bring the shorter attachement club to same club head speed when swinging like swinging a real, long golf club. I can take off a 70gr weight, however, and then additionally can tailor it further in 10gr intervals to vary weight in another 90gr range, so with controller attached I could make that club as light as 370gr. But you loose stability in swinging, and thus precision in that way. It becomes more "gamey".

There are severla companies, all from the US it seems, who produce good attachmentes made of good, solid materials (stay away fom plastioc stuff from asia). Some of these are lighter, and shorter than mine. Mine already is the shortened version of the default model, which is I think around one hand's width longer. I would have preferred that, but saw possible conflict with my spacing at home.

And yes you have to swing that golf club with all your power. However, you can cheat in the callibration where the computer measures your swing three times, and then adds virtual power to it to give you, with the power you invested, the range for every iron that it should have according to the table. Swing with 50% of the power of Tiger Woods, but get the range of his shots nevertehless, so to speak. Experts will want to tune the software to mimic the ranges they get with every club in real life. My power supplementation is 7% for driver and then goes down to 4% with the shortest iron, the lob wedge. This way I can reach the beginning of the fairway from back tee even on holes where the fairway is critically far away from the tees, and if the gap between both could be a sand or water obstacle, then, well, then this sucks. With at least a clean shot I can bridge at least these long distance traps, since else they could turn into showstoppers. The game says the driver has a range of 279m, without any callibration I can drive the ball from Tee just 180-210m, by my own power. With the way I tweaked it, I can get up to 220, 230m in flight, and then some more rolling. I wnat it "realiostic. I am not Tiger Woods or Arnold Palmer, you know, just a newbie trying to survive out there on the fairway. The simulation aspect is priority for me, not to pretend I am some pro player that I am certainly not.

You can test Golf+ first with the default controller, then you see how you move around in your flat and how much "space reserve" you have, but 2mx2m is sharp, really. I known however that there are players doing it with that, and I did it myself too, with the Rift and on cable headset. Other games benefit from the passthrough mode: mixed reality. I play table tennis with the table set up in the wall and on the balcony of my room, I see the surroundings in real, just with the overlay of the table, or my boxing opponent. Other sports game often use "portals through which the virtual reality of the game gets displayed, the portal itself however is placed and treated like an item of our real world, a screen. That works very well, you have seen it in videos I posted. Golf however does not have that.

I would not have the space to place a billoard table in my living room. But now I do, I place it on top of my existing furniture.

You just have to try and then see if you can figure it out, Markus. Just again and again sitting on your head and forming thoughts why it maybe could not work will get you nowhere. Get one set, test it, see what it does for you and how you react to it, and if you dont like it, give it back, via Amazon no problem (14 days). And there is much more good stuff for a VR headset than just golf. Cinemas, for example.