SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-18-23, 07:47 AM   #1
stegotgame
Swabbie

Downloads: 46
Uploads: 0
Default Mods for 1.4?

Is there a way to sort the downloads that would only work with 1.4? Or can anyone recommend some essentials that work for 1.4? Most of what i see says 1.5 only. Havent played in years and dont have it on steam and dont know where my old cd is and dont know how to update to 1.5 without having it on steam .
stegotgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-23, 09:27 AM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome back!

stegotgame!...after an 11-year 'silent run'!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-23, 02:31 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegotgame View Post
Is there a way to sort the downloads that would only work with 1.4? Or can anyone recommend some essentials that work for 1.4? Most of what i see says 1.5 only. Havent played in years and dont have it on steam and dont know where my old cd is and dont know how to update to 1.5 without having it on steam .
I am not certain about TMO... I had a list from Art Anker, but he passed away a while back, and I cannot find my list (or the mods). I think it was v1.6 was the last version you could use with SH4 v1.4, so try

Trigger Maru Overhauled v1.6

... there is a "patch" for that somewhere. If I find it, I'll update.

Edit: Ha! That was easy! lol TMARU-Patch_1.6.3.7z
You might also want to use REL_Trigger_Maru_GFX_PAK_2_1

You can also use Real Fleet Boats (RFB) v1.4 (their numbering followed the games versioning for a while).

I thought there was an RSRDC then, but maybe lurker didn't do that until v1.5 came out... I do not remember.

Either of those two mods go on top of stock. They do not work together. Be sure to delete your Save folder before running the game after any major mod changes.

2nd Edit: I almost forgot about the AOTD_MadMax team's Fall of the Rising Sun (FOTRS) v2.0 for SH4v1.4, not to be confused with Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, which is for v1.5, and is a mix of all that MadMax did, plus more! There is at least one, maybe two patches for that. I know s7rikeback and myself made one that fixes the run-a-way spawn problem that makes life difficult by mid 1943... I will have to look for those though.

3rd Edit: Patch01_V2.0_290113 and Patch02_V2.0_080213 - My "fix" took forever to find, and I had to zip it up, but: FOTRSv2_Camp_Patch.7z

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 09-22-23 at 03:51 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-23, 04:36 PM   #4
pabbi
Subsim Overlord

Downloads: 421

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=157853

try this link

On the top of the world
pabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-23, 05:22 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I am not certain about TMO... I had a list from Art Anker, but he passed away a while back, and I cannot find my list (or the mods). I think it was v1.6 was the last version you could use with SH4 v1.4, so try

Edit: Ha! That was easy! lol
You might also want to use

You can also use (their numbering followed the games versioning for a while).

I thought there was an RSRDC then, but maybe lurker didn't do that until v1.5 came out... I do not remember.

Either of those two mods go on top of stock. They do not work together. Be sure to delete your Save folder before running the game after any major mod changes.

2nd Edit: I almost forgot about the AOTD_MadMax team's Fall of the Rising Sun (FOTRS) v2.0 for SH4v1.4, not to be confused with Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate, which is for v1.5, and is a mix of all that MadMax did, plus more! There is at least one, maybe two patches for that. I know s7rikeback and myself made one that fixes the run-a-way spawn problem that makes life difficult by mid 1943... I will have to look for those though.
how could anyone be confused with your simple-to-understand explanations, PB?

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-23, 12:13 PM   #6
stegotgame
Swabbie

Thanks guys will check those out. I saw the download file for 1.5 for sh4.exe in the mod section will that work if i run it or do i need to have the game in steam for that to work? I looked around for my original game disc it might have been thrown out or lost so im afraid to do any reinstalls now lol.
Old 09-22-23, 03:52 PM   #7
propbeanie

I found those patches, thanks to s7rikeback...

See above Post #3

Old 09-26-23, 09:09 PM   #8
stegotgame
Swabbie

Quote:

Trigger Maru Overhauled v1.6

Edit: Ha! That was easy! lol TMARU-Patch_1.6.3.7z
You might also want to use REL_Trigger_Maru_GFX_PAK_2_1

You can also use Real Fleet Boats (RFB) v1.4 (their numbering followed the games versioning for a while).

3rd Edit: Patch01_V2.0_290113 and Patch02_V2.0_080213 - My "fix" took forever to find, and I had to zip it up, but: FOTRSv2_Camp_Patch.7z

do you know if there is an english version of the fotrs link in ur reply? thanks again been checking out all ur links the past couple days trying to decide on what i want to do. if i cant find a megamod to work with 1.4 maybe ill just try and find some good visual mods to soup together to at least make some good eye candy.
Old 09-27-23, 03:42 PM   #9
propbeanie

Yes, someone did a mod for that. In fact, I just saw it the other day... only problem in the grey matter... I'll do some looking and see if I can find it. Don't hold your breath too long though! It is not a complete translation, but does cover most aspects.

Old 09-30-23, 06:08 PM   #10
propbeanie

Apparently, the mod I saw the other day was a translation into German for the earlier versions of FOTRS, or maybe I saw vickers03's German translation for KSDII, but I have not found the English translation for FOTRS. I know they made one, but I have no clue what I did with it... You could cobble one together from the files in v1.3 of the mod...

Old 09-30-23, 08:06 PM   #11
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
You could cobble one together ...

cobble one?

aren't you a bit early with the cobbling?

you have almost two months until that time.

LAA enabled
Old 10-01-23, 06:07 AM   #12
stegotgame
Swabbie

Speaking of cobbling ....

Ive been trying tmo for 1.4 but it seems pretty unstable and crashy. Is there a way i can just take the folders /stuff from tmo like the graphics /enviromental eye candy stuff and the extra boats/ships and just ditch the rest? My stock 1.4 was fine and didnt crash at all. If anyone knows how i would go about doing that lmk. Thanks again
Old 10-01-23, 09:38 AM   #13
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:

Ive been trying tmo for 1.4 but it seems pretty unstable and crashy. Is there a way i can just take the folders /stuff from tmo like the graphics /enviromental eye candy stuff and the extra boats/ships and just ditch the rest? My stock 1.4 was fine and didnt crash at all. If anyone knows how i would go about doing that lmk. Thanks again
you can try that but SH4 has so many elements that are "related" to other elements that it may not work. the extra boats/ships may cause an issue because of all of the related stuff: ships have equipment and weapons and those items are all connected in a certain way. you can mod the boats/ships into the app, but if there is a relation to something that wasnt included, CTD.

try it. i'd try the environmentals first. then separately, the boats/ships.

it's either going to work or take you to the land of CTD.

LAA enabled
Old 10-05-23, 03:51 PM   #14
1Patriotofmany
Commander

Downloads: 95

It's $9.99 on steam.
1Patriotofmany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-23, 07:19 PM   #15
propbeanie

Quote:

Don't forget the old Silent Hunter adage (Rule WithOut Exception - RWOE): When changing mods, especially major mods, it is often best to delete the Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4) which forces the game to refresh the Save folder with new, complete data for the new mod...

PS: TMO v1.76 looks to be the last version possibly compatible with v1.4 of SH4. YMMV

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-05-23 at 07:31 PM.