SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-25-17, 09:15 PM   #1246
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This and FotRSU will both have it... we hope
I hope so as well. Definitely an element missing. Shocked the guys who accomplished it a while back never uploaded to subsim.

Do allied aircraft in the IJN campaign drop homing torpedoes? I recall seeing this in the thread long ago. Wondering if they got it working.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-17, 10:22 PM   #1247
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The regular torpedoes were never "accurate" unless a target was standing still, or if the shooter was close enough, the shootee could be slow moving. That would be my guess as to why they didn't. If you can get the AI to target correctly, you'd be famous, maybe even infamous...

As for the dropped torpedoes, the homing ones did not work from the airplanes for whatever reason in a lot of tries, but someone did it... where is that confounded thread?... Can't find it real quick, but it was Rubini in SH3:

Hah! found the thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197919
and the release thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=197762

I'm not sure what all it takes to convert it to SH4 compatibility. Now, if you could get an AI ship / sub to shoot one of those, "modded" to go normal torp speed, who'd need 'proper' targeting?... Look-out!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-25-17 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Rubini
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 04:36 AM   #1248
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

Quote:
The regular torpedoes were never "accurate" unless a target was standing still, or if the shooter was close enough, the shootee could be slow moving. That would be my guess as to why they didn't. If you can get the AI to target correctly, you'd be famous, maybe even infamous...

As for the dropped torpedoes, the homing ones did not work from the airplanes for whatever reason in a lot of tries, but someone did it... where is that confounded thread?... Can't find it real quick, but it was Rubini in SH3:

I'm not sure what all it takes to convert it to SH4 compatibility. Now, if you could get an AI ship / sub to shoot one of those, "modded" to go normal torp speed, who'd need 'proper' targeting?... Look-out!

WOOW!!!!

that's what we had been trying to mod all along ! now if you add that to PBY MAD planes !!! do you see my drift ?

great find PropBeanie !!!

Keltos

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-17, 07:50 AM   #1249
propbeanie

That deal is being worked on now, though it has its pitfalls... I may have to call in our private consultants, and of course, when that happens, the fee goes up exponentially... - we might have to throw in some double cheeseburgers, or maybe even a pizza to get this done...

Old 07-27-17, 02:01 PM   #1250
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:

That is awesome. Would be great if could implement that as FIDO into IJN campaign. Plenty of expletive laden rants would occur.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-17, 05:02 AM   #1251
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
That is awesome. Would be great if could implement that as FIDO into IJN campaign. Plenty of expletive laden rants would occur.
we had tried to clone an existing torpedobomber into a homing_torpedo_bomber changing the ammo to mk-27 FIDO in the .sim file but from our tests it seemed like the torpedoes were non guiding...

the goal was to be able to replay the sinking of the I-52 in the Atlantic fi, though the Brits also used it I think and also against german uboots..

Old 07-29-17, 09:29 AM   #1252
goodwin315
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

seems a tad rude for a new member to ask but this mod looks so good i cant resist, sorry :/

is the mod nearing release (assuming its not already) as i cant navigate this site for the life of me and cant seem to find a download.
goodwin315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-17, 10:22 AM   #1253
propbeanie

No download yet. I'm currently stumped on an issue in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate mod, then I'll be turning my attention back to this one, and hopefully have a "beta" out with reasonable, "simple" missions for a few of the boats. What I mean by "simple" is that there would not be any airplane launches from the submarines, nor any barge or tube launches. For the time being, we'll keep the "airplane" missions to just mentioning (maybe) that "Our aircraft pilot reports that there are three British Light Cruisers in Colombo harbor, sir!". ie: Just simulating the simulated airplane... tic - similarly with the supply drops for places like Guadalcanal and the Aleutians, there will just be the commando raft for now. We are working on those two issues, which Peabovy, keltos01 and myself feel are integral to a Japanese submarine campaign. There are all sorts of ideas on how to do this, but thus far, no tangible success that we recognize. Changing the raft does work, but then you are stuck with what you change it to. We're looking for something "dynamic"...

Old 07-29-17, 06:16 PM   #1254
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 1105
Uploads: 10

Quote:
No download yet. I'm currently stumped on an issue in the Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate mod, then I'll be turning my attention back to this one, and hopefully have a "beta" out with reasonable, "simple" missions for a few of the boats. What I mean by "simple" is that there would not be any airplane launches from the submarines, nor any barge or tube launches. For the time being, we'll keep the "airplane" missions to just mentioning (maybe) that "Our aircraft pilot reports that there are three British Light Cruisers in Colombo harbor, sir!". ie: Just simulating the simulated airplane... tic - similarly with the supply drops for places like Guadalcanal and the Aleutians, there will just be the commando raft for now. We are working on those two issues, which Peabovy, keltos01 and myself feel are integral to a Japanese submarine campaign. There are all sorts of ideas on how to do this, but thus far, no tangible success that we recognize. Changing the raft does work, but then you are stuck with what you change it to. We're looking for something "dynamic"...
PB, sounds really great, you mentioned a name... Peabody, is he now active within CMN? and perhaps FOTRSU?
Old 07-29-17, 07:56 PM   #1255
propbeanie

No, unfortunately, he is not. Life has dealt him a few deals that are a bit difficult to deal with and still have play time here, so he pays attention to what's important. keltos01 has been in touch with him lately a couple of times, but Peabody does not have time to even come look over here... our loss. I have been re-discovering so many brick walls that he'd already run into. If I would have been paying a little more attention, I would have seen the blood and skin matter from his previous encounters, and wouldn't have had to of come down a few of those dead-end alleys. But, ha gotta try, just to prove to yourself that, yes indeed, I don't learn very well unless I break it myself a few times...

Old 11-21-18, 05:14 PM   #1256
Turbografx
Old Stormalong

Downloads: 104

Is this mod still being developed? Would love to try an IJN campaign.
Turbografx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-18, 07:39 PM   #1257
propbeanie

Yes, but on "Pause" at the moment for other commitments. In the meantime, Cybermat47 took keltos01's sub mods, and made some edits to produce Japanese Career

Old 10-19-19, 11:16 AM   #1258
merc4ulfate
DILLIGAF

Downloads: 210

Quote:
Yes, but on "Pause" at the moment for other commitments. In the meantime, Cybermat47 took keltos01's sub mods, and made some edits to produce Japanese Career
What a great looking mod and the acoustic fish ... I would love to see that in FOTRSU under IJN AI use.

Mercfulfate
将補
日本帝國海軍

merc4ulfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-20, 09:19 AM   #1259
keltos01
Silent Hunter

http://www.fischer-tropsch.org/prima...USNTMJ_toc.htm

a wealth of info

the radar data :

http://www.fischer-tropsch.org/prima...ort%20E-01.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I am sure have encountered this in your research for this mod. Around what dates did IJN subs get radar? Which type(s) did they use? I am adding radar to AI Japanese sub(s) for RSRD/TMO.

Old 03-16-20, 10:15 PM   #1260
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO IJN add on for SH$... cool...

Have to say, it would be real interesting, to not only head out as a U.S. skipper, a Kaleun, but now... as a I.J.N. skipper as well.

Will be watching & waiting with bated breath, for this...