SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-03-08, 03:24 AM   #211
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18

from the book I-Boat Captain :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Some of the Minekaze Class DDs were converted to carry the Kaiten as well. I know nothing of the playable ship mods, but that might be a route to consider as well.
here is goes : notice how little armament she carries....

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 12-03-08 at 03:25 AM.
keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 09:48 AM   #212
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 10:24 AM   #213
keltos01
Silent Hunter

who could mod that ???

keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 12-03-08 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-03-08, 02:04 PM   #214
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01
from the book I-Boat Captain :

Quote:
Originally Posted by tater
Some of the Minekaze Class DDs were converted to carry the Kaiten as well. I know nothing of the playable ship mods, but that might be a route to consider as well.
here is goes : notice how little armament she carries....

Keltos
He said they were converted to carry Kaitens, that is not a Kaiten?????

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-08, 02:24 PM   #215
keltos01
Silent Hunter

the caption reads : "midget subs launched from the deck of fast moving destroyers were a surprise to the U.S. Navy".

those look like Ko Hyoteki !!!!!!!

keltos

Old 12-03-08, 03:00 PM   #216
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
the caption reads : "midget subs launched from the deck of fast moving destroyers were a surprise to the U.S. Navy".

those look like Ko Hyoteki !!!!!!!

keltos
What's with all the !!!!!!!!!! The Ko Hyoteki is not a Kaiten. :hmm: I was just commenting he said they were converted to launch Kaitens and you show a picture of them converted to launch a minisub. I guess I'm just confused.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 12-03-08, 04:53 PM   #217
keltos01
Silent Hunter

I showed the picture of a Ko-Hyoteki carrier DD, that's all, I asked who could mod it like it was in the picture I found in my book, but I didn't see that Tater's had Kaitens on it...

If we had one, we could place it at the start of a midget sub mission, so you could see it when leaving for combat ? That's not a "I want it now" comment, just a reflection on stuff we could have later on, like I'm still not sure that the Ko-Hyoteki is worth the trouble, but now it's here

Keltos

Last edited by keltos01; 12-03-08 at 04:55 PM.
Old 12-04-08, 01:35 AM   #218
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
when I started it on top of the Jyunsen B mod I got a japanese triple AA showing !!! I don't honnestly know how, if I did my Type AM woudl have those instead of the german twin or wuadruple AAs, yes Sir !

Keltos
Trust me, you don't want them, I took them off my Sen Toku. If a planes bombs you, they have time to land, refuel, rearm, eat lunch and come back and do it again before the Triple gets turned around to face the right direction. There is a setting in the sim to set the degrees per sec. to rotate but it has a max apparently because it really should say degrees per hour.

Peabody

Old 12-04-08, 07:59 AM   #219
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:
when I started it on top of the Jyunsen B mod I got a japanese triple AA showing !!! I don't honnestly know how, if I did my Type AM woudl have those instead of the german twin or wuadruple AAs, yes Sir !

Keltos
Trust me, you don't want them, I took them off my Sen Toku. If a planes bombs you, they have time to land, refuel, rearm, eat lunch and come back and do it again before the Triple gets turned around to face the right direction. There is a setting in the sim to set the degrees per sec. to rotate but it has a max apparently because it really should say degrees per hour.

Peabody
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

but seriously, what about taking the 3D model of the triple and replacing the german twin one in a new gunsradar file, and a new whatever.upc like you did for the snorkel ? you'd then get a fast triple looking AA wouldn't you ?

We might make new guns that way, a Kaidai twin gun for instance ?

keltos

Old 12-04-08, 08:00 AM   #220
Red Heat
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 243
Uploads: 0

[quote=keltos01]

Peabody already replaced it with a Japanese flag. look at the first picture in the first post.

I just scaled down the 3d model of the Jyunsen B to replace the german model sitting on desk.

We have some troubles with the textures/mouse over with that screen, I used the stock version of the room to test the desk submarine.

And I like the new map made by Peabody.

keltos[/quot

I dont have words...
Outstanding!...outstanding! Great work...

´´There is three kinds of man: the living, the death,
and those who are at Sea.´´

Plato
Red Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 08:08 AM   #221
keltos01
Silent Hunter

[quote=Red Heat]
Quote:

Peabody already replaced it with a Japanese flag. look at the first picture in the first post.

I just scaled down the 3d model of the Jyunsen B to replace the german model sitting on desk.

We have some troubles with the textures/mouse over with that screen, I used the stock version of the room to test the desk submarine.

And I like the new map made by Peabody.

keltos[/quot

I dont have words...
Outstanding!...outstanding! Great work...

Peabody's quite a modder I agree !

you just reminded me that our captain's room mod isn't finished The thing is, I have version 1.1 available on my FF page, we never could get the texture right on the desk scaled model... if you'd mouseover it would look good, untill then the texture would be a dirty gray obscuring the model (which has as much details as the ingame one, it is just scaled down).

The thing is we have to redo all parts of the game, unlike a german campaign for example, all headers etc.. have to be redone, that's taking a long time.

Keltos

btw did you notice who was on the picture on the desk ??? hmmm??? a hint : he said the dec 7 attack would wake a sleeping giant..

Last edited by keltos01; 12-04-08 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-04-08, 10:27 AM   #222
tater
Navy Seal

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 2

campaign link for ya:

http://www.zululand.co.za/index.php?...561&Itemid=134

http://home.st.net.au/~dunn/japsubs/shipssunk.htm
tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-08, 12:46 PM   #223
peabody
Admiral

Thank you Red Heat, I spend more time tying to figure out how to do it then actually doing it. This is all new to me.

Thanks for the links tater, will come in handy. That has been the biggest problem so far is the details. There is a lot of info but not a lot of details. For example they go to great lengths telling about the major battles but nothing as simple as where the ships came from. Like the first link said the sub was based at Kwajalein, that's the type of info that is lacking from most sites.

And any personal info I have from my father was India, Burma, Merrill’s Marauders (he wasn't one of them but he met them, and Merrill personally gave him a shut up and listen speech about writing to his mother. Apparently Merrill knew a girl that was friend with my Grandmother who was in tears because she hadn't heard from my father. And Merrill gave him a direct order to write her every day Yes, Sir)
He was in the Army Air Corps and apparently they had to bug out the Japanese were overrunning the base, so they ended up taken some Chinese with them. As they were going down the runway they were shooting at the Japanese. But the weirdest part, when they got to altitude the Chinese were playing some kind of card game, and suddenly started yelling at one man and grabbed him and threw him out the cargo door on the side of the plane. My father made the comment, "I don't know if he lost or if he got caught cheating but I wasn't going to play that game."
So, I have very little knowledge of the Naval war, other than the basis stuff you learn in school.

Peabody

Old 12-06-08, 04:01 PM   #224
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

Checking in after several days having to focus on other things. I will try to catch up on where you all are and the possible data needs.

will try to get the Pac Air war details to you today Peabody.
Old 12-06-08, 04:48 PM   #225
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Von Gerlach
Checking in after several days having to focus on other things. I will try to catch up on where you all are and the possible data needs.

will try to get the Pac Air war details to you today Peabody.
Thanks Admiral, appreciate the info.

Peabody