SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-06-08, 11:25 AM   #76
Wilcke
The Old Man

Downloads: 234
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBeast
You know, I honestly can't understand what this fuss about correct/incorrect propeller and/or propeller shaft rotation is all about. I just looked and looked at both, and they seemed to be spinning the correct way to me. I watched the blasted things so hard, I got dizzy!
....I avoid that also...no sense in starting unnecessary seizure activity... I have never been able to figure out which way a prop spins...concur they look great to me also....

For the best in Fleet Boats go to: Submarine Sim Central. http://forum.kickinbak.com/index.php
Check out: A Brief Introduction to the Pacific Submarine War by Ducimus
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185
Operation Monsun plus OMEGU, the #1 ATO Solution for SH4!

Signature Art by Gunfighter
Wilcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-08, 12:00 PM   #77
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23

Well...i don't like my prop to spin in the wrong direction when im creeping deep in the shadow
Call me maniac,but i'm waiting for someone to fix this little bug before i start a good career
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 04:08 AM   #78
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlwolf
Call me maniac,but i'm waiting for someone to fix this little bug before i start a good career
Maniac!

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 02:19 PM   #79
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Downloads: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlwolf
Well...i don't like my prop to spin in the wrong direction when im creeping deep in the shadow
you are

kapitan_zur_see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-08, 02:54 PM   #80
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
It has been said,"If a job is worth doing,It should be done correctly"

That said,The name of this mod,"Historically accurate" Implies correct. SET your speed to 1 Kt,& you will see the screws do not turn correctly.The Stb screw should turn clockwise,the Port screw should turn counter clockwise. kapitan_zur_see,I am sure will fix this at some point in time,because he is a proud modder,& brings good work to the forum. Also,"maniac" is not a loving shot !
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-08, 12:28 PM   #81
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasjer
Anvart, thanks for your excellent help on the subject!
Is this the only response you can give to every R&D subject?
Sorry, Skwasjer ...
You can use searching ...

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-08, 04:53 PM   #82
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut
That said,The name of this mod,"Historically accurate" Implies correct. SET your speed to 1 Kt,& you will see the screws do not turn correctly.The Stb screw should turn clockwise,the Port screw should turn counter clockwise. kapitan_zur_see,I am sure will fix this at some point in time,because he is a proud modder,& brings good work to the forum. Also,"maniac" is not a loving shot !
Thanks mate
I believe i will at some point. However, this turning issue at different speed might make it impossible lol
It may be either correct at slow speed and incorrect at high speed or the contrary.

Old 02-22-08, 11:29 AM   #83
andycaccia
XO

Downloads: 261
Uploads: 2

Any progress??

Hmm this thread seems dead...
Old 02-28-08, 12:28 PM   #84
Spike
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 7

Would love to see this in the new add-on plz..
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 08:36 PM   #85
Schwachsinnige
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 2

While I applaud the hard work that went into this mod, the propellers could not be less historically accurate. Submarine props are made of bronze (or brass) and do not corrode - they experience some damage due to cavitation; however they would never, ever, EVER look like the ones in this mod. A submarine running props like that would may such a huge racket that it would be detected over my daughters stereo. (props to the film for that line LOL)

Anyways...I am surprised with how everyone is fixated on historical accuracy that this kind of major flaw would not be noticed.

Again, props for the work, but crap for the props.
Schwachsinnige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-08, 09:10 PM   #86
nautilus42
Watch Officer

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwachsinnige

While I applaud the hard work that went into this mod, the propellers could not be less historically accurate. Submarine props are made of bronze (or brass) and do not corrode - they experience some damage due to cavitation; however they would never, ever, EVER look like the ones in this mod. A submarine running props like that would may such a huge racket that it would be detected over my daughters stereo. (props to the film for that line LOL)

Anyways...I am surprised with how everyone is fixated on historical accuracy that this kind of major flaw would not be noticed.

Again, props for the work, but crap for the props.
Go Back under your stone where you come from, Bilge Rat. First post and a big mouth, I don´t like this.
nautilus42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-08, 11:27 AM   #87
andycaccia
XO

Cool down! Both of you. Keep in mind that every contribution is well accepted. If someone doesn't like it no problem, nobody will force him/her to donwload the mod and/or use it.

If you have suggestions explain yourself, otherwise keep insults out of this forum.
Old 03-23-08, 12:29 PM   #88
kapitan_zur_see
Commodore

Some plain brass texture would look less beautifull ingame, that's just why i choosed to do one wich is, yes, not "realistic"...

A matter of choice from your side to use it or not. Yes, i'm also sometimes amazed at how many people wants things to be axtra-accurate although it's still just a game anyway

Now that the mod is included inside Ducimus' Trigger Maru or even PE. There's not much less to do, it's pretty finished. I'm curreently working on other things

Old 03-24-08, 06:39 AM   #89
midnite1977
Seaman

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapitan_zur_see
Some plain brass texture would look less beautifull ingame, that's just why i choosed to do one wich is, yes, not "realistic"...

A matter of choice from your side to use it or not. Yes, i'm also sometimes amazed at how many people wants things to be axtra-accurate although it's still just a game anyway

Now that the mod is included inside Ducimus' Trigger Maru or even PE. There's not much less to do, it's pretty finished. I'm curreently working on other things
Hi Kapitan zur See,
i like your mod very much, it's really awesome and i use it for longer time now. Yesterday i read the discussion about the texture and i decided to spend an hour (or two? ) trying to make a new one. Perhaps you like it...

I took a photo of a real four-bladed ww2-submarine-propeller made of brass, resized and overworked it a bit. Now the propeller does not look plain, but keeps his natural structure and it's "used look" of material.

Here it is:

midnite1977
midnite1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 11:08 AM   #90
andycaccia
XO

Looks good!
Are you going to release it??