SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-04-22, 01:46 PM   #31
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

I was originally in for the Fanatec setup, and was prepared to spend the money. But what I wanted wasn't in stock so I bought the Thrustmaster T-248.

The T-248 is a hybrid FFB system, that uses a combination of gears and belts. The wheel's good enough I reckon, but what I really like about this bundle is the pedals. They are fantastic and are Hall sensors. Magnetic so no old-school potentiometer trouble like we used to have with this type of gear (and in this price range)

I've been more than happy with it. In the $300 range it's a solid choice.

If I did it over again I might opt for the T-300 just because it has detachable rims (the wheel part). But the T-300 is still bundled with inferior pedals. The T-300 with my current pedals (T3PM) would be really a good spot for me so I can swap rims to whichever discipline I'm running at the mo, from open wheel, to GT to vintage, but still have the pedals I prefer.

Good luck in your choice and if I can help let me know.
Old 06-04-22, 01:54 PM   #32
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
I was originally in for the Fanatec setup, and was prepared to spend the money. But what I wanted wasn't in stock so I bought the Thrustmaster T-248.

The T-248 is a hybrid FFB system, that uses a combination of gears and belts. The wheel's good enough I reckon, but what I really like about this bundle is the pedals. They are fantastic and are Hall sensors. Magnetic so no old-school potentiometer trouble like we used to have with this type of gear (and in this price range)

I've been more than happy with it. In the $300 range it's a solid choice.

If I did it over again I might opt for the T-300 just because it has detachable rims (the wheel part). But the T-300 is still bundled with inferior pedals.

Good luck in your choice and if I can help let me know.
Thank you I will ask you and Skybird for help when I got my hand on either the one you have or one of those I mentioned-Steering Wheel.

I found your Thrustmaster T-248 in a Danish computer store price 2126 Danish kroner or around 306 Dollar.

Maybe I will buy the same device.

Edit
I have the money right here-Still I'll wait some month and save some more-Reason The electricity bill keeps on going up and the food price also. Since I don't know who much more the bill have gone up next time I shall pay it I better hold back.

Maybe it will come some campaign in the near future. where you can buy this Thrustmaster cheaper than 306 Dollars
End edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat

Last edited by mapuc; 06-04-22 at 02:27 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 03:19 PM   #33
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Congratulations, Threadfin, have good fun with your wheel. Take good time to tune and experiment with the FFB, especially in RR, which can be tricky a bit to do. I mean the ingame FFB options.
Old 06-04-22, 03:32 PM   #34
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

So you won't be joining us in the hotlap thing?
Old 06-04-22, 03:46 PM   #35
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Let me make one thing clear I really liked Raceroom even though I only had my keyboard W-A-S-D. But I don't like these 5-7 sec of black screen before and after gameplay. I had same problem with FS17 and FS19-And here I ran into no-signal problem.

Somehow it's like the computer can find the game at start-up and after it seems like it can't find back to computer.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 07:37 PM   #36
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
So you won't be joining us in the hotlap thing?
Most likely not. I have not done a single "challenge" in ACC either. These things simply do not interest me. I ran a couple of seasons over the years, but that is as far as I get with regular or career or comeptitiuon things. I usually just decide on car and track and then eitehr start a practice session with AI, or a race of 10-15 laps with mandatory pitstops in the middle third.

Im a simple mind, dont confuse me with online things.
Old 06-05-22, 06:35 AM   #37
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

It's not online, it's putting up your fastest lap you've run offline in any car in any mode. Essentially what you do every time you play. Suit yourself. But if you'd like to get involved with some folks who share your interest in sim racing hit us up.

Last edited by Threadfin; 06-05-22 at 06:51 AM.
Threadfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 07:03 AM   #38
Skybird
Soaring

I shed tears the past two hours - laughing. I do not fire this one up too frequently, but whenever I do, its the same mess: tears, noisy laughter, and good vibes colouring the room as if I were on an LSD trip.

Old 06-08-22, 06:46 PM   #39
Skybird
Soaring

And its out:

Old 12-14-22, 08:06 AM   #40
Skybird
Soaring

It has been a great year for Raceroom, content-wise. Not only new cars (whcih are not so much interest, mostly), but also four new tracks, with the present seeing the release of a last pack this year, great track and nice cars.

Also, despite Sector3 having been transformed into KW Studios, they seem to have no intention to let the title go, after 10 years. They are hiring coders. I take from this that they are planning, still, for a graphics engine update or a new title. The latter makes little sense, due to the immense, very very immense amount of top content they would lose if moving to a new sim. Its 40+ car brands, 65 racing classes, hundreds and hundreds of cars, and almost 60 track locations with around 150 track variations, last but not least top class sounds! And racing against the AI is where Raceroom leaves all others behind, outclassing other titles' AI.

And different to what some people say: VR in RR works. Very, very, very well. I have tested it with two totally different headsets now, and an outdated graphics card (1080). It just works splendid.

https://www.kw-studios.com/#company

Last edited by Skybird; 12-14-22 at 08:21 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-22, 10:27 AM   #41
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

I like Race Room a lot. Got it for free of course, tried it out, really liked it and then bought the works when they ran a sale. Really nice feel of the road, soundscape, physics. So visceral.

I've rather made it my main sim for hotlapping the Ring. Since I was running out so many whips around the Ring, I decided to see which cars I could go fastest with and document it all. I did a thread at SimHQ sort of like Top Gear's Stig segment, slotting in each car as it was run.

The results. Fastest car was easily the Formula RR X-17 and my all time fastest lap 'round the Norschliefe, 5:19. Insane.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...le#Post4602483
Old 12-16-22, 06:24 PM   #42
Skybird
Soaring

This Charade track and the Mazdas and 95Fs are one of the best DLCs RR has ever released. Beautiful track both regarding the driving, and the beauty of the place. It has been years a track-car combo gave me so much fun, enjoyment and satisfaction. Superb pack, I wholeheartly recommend it. The 95S has a loose tail and still can be caught most of the time, can be controlled, is challenging in a relaxed, entertaining way. Very, very good pack.
Old 06-13-23, 08:12 AM   #43
Skybird
Soaring

Raceroom is anything but dead. They are preparing a new rocket stage to ignite. There is definitely plenty of future in it: years and years - plural! This podcast reveals it. Wowh!

https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.p...terview.19017/

Its here to stay.

And Pau is the next track release in Octobre. I know it from an AC mod, it drives really well and exciting, and is a visually detail-enriched place.

They are hiring, to form the core team for coding a new engine.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-13-23 at 08:32 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-23, 10:07 AM   #44
Skybird
Soaring

Free access to ALL content until June 25th !
Old 06-25-23, 01:50 PM   #45
Skybird
Soaring

Summer Sale: -50% on everything!