SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-20, 01:02 PM   #61
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Downloads: 511
Uploads: 0

It seems that if I disable volumetric fog and other options it work, but the Gato had black dials, so I re enabled them and work like early, with the interior s mod ctd. I guess I must try to work with the options...
Old 05-03-20, 01:40 PM   #62
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 702
Uploads: 37

i play on an old win8 laptop too but with ati graphics and don't have any problems. you need to have textures hi-res enabled ingame.
vickers03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-20, 06:16 PM   #63
peterthegreeksailor
The Silent Service

Downloads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
Does anyone have performance problems with this mod?
First of all very beautiful mod gives a really ''cozy'' feeling to the ''cold'' SH4!!
Now to the performance for me, I saw a very big fps drop like from constant 60 to 11 when I'm looking to the modded areas I suspect it's probably the mods I have with it.
Old 05-05-20, 04:35 AM   #64
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Now to the performance for me, I saw a very big fps drop like from constant 60 to 11 when I'm looking to the modded areas I suspect it's probably the mods I have with it.
i have this fps drop on my laptop too, desktop no probs..must be the graphics adapter.
Old 05-05-20, 05:27 AM   #65
peterthegreeksailor
The Silent Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
i have this fps drop on my laptop too, desktop no probs..must be the graphics adapter.
Yeah I forgot to mention that I use a laptop! I believe I can survive with the fps drop, either way, a very nice mod
Old 05-05-20, 11:40 AM   #66
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterthegreeksailor View Post
First of all very beautiful mod gives a really ''cozy'' feeling to the ''cold'' SH4!!

Hi Peter,

you may want to give a look at page 3 of this thread, post #42, I have especially done this system for playing this mod optimally. I hope it helps you, it should also work fine for laptops.

If you have a GPU card on the low side it's best to simply switch on Vsynch in the SH4 game grafic options, you will then have FPS in sync with your monitor, although it may drop during game.

Greetings,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-20, 11:43 PM   #67
peterthegreeksailor
The Silent Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
Hi Peter,

you may want to give a look at page 3 of this thread, post #42, I have especially done this system for playing this mod optimally. I hope it helps you, it should also work fine for laptops.

If you have a GPU card on the low side it's best to simply switch on Vsynch in the SH4 game grafic options, you will then have FPS in sync with your monitor, although it may drop during game.

Greetings,
XS
Hi Xenon
I have a Ryzen 7 with 8 cores 8GB Ram and 4GB VRam so not the best but also not the worst. I have tried the vsync on and off the same result 11fps when i turn to the modded areas i even tried to work a solution through radeon settings nothing happened the same results, i will agree with vickers that it must be something to do with Laptop graphics adapter! The only positive is that it doesn't render the whole game unplayable so i will try to find a solution or a fix!
Greetings
peter
Old 05-06-20, 09:03 AM   #68
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterthegreeksailor View Post
Hi Xenon
I have a Ryzen 7 with 8 cores 8GB Ram and 4GB VRam so not the best but also not the worst. I have tried the vsync on and off the same result 11fps when i turn to the modded areas i even tried to work a solution through radeon settings nothing happened the same results, i will agree with vickers that it must be something to do with Laptop graphics adapter! The only positive is that it doesn't render the whole game unplayable so i will try to find a solution or a fix!
Greetings
peter

With laptops, it's important to ensure that your game starts with your main grafic card and not with Intel Grafics which are there for power saving. You must swtich on 'Highest Performance' in the Energy Options of your laptop, and if you run Win10, right-click on the game icon and chose to start game with your main grafic card.

A good tool to do my procedure at post #42 is to use RadeonPro (because you have an AMD card) where you can display GPU load, GpU temp, FPS during game and also set a framecap which you need to do if you turn Vsynch=off which is the default in SH4.

Tell me if you need further help,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 03:19 PM   #69
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Updates: NOW IT S WORKING FINE! IT WAS THE LAA. LEAVING THE LAA THAT SOMETIME DISMOUNT AUTOMATICALLY FROM MY GAME. USING THE OLD 4GB PATCH IT S ALL WORKING FINE WITH ALL THE GRAPHIC OPTIONS ON, ONLY THE SALMON AND SARGO CLASSES LAG A LITTLE BIT TOO BUT THEY WORK. I TRIED ALL THE BOAT CLASSES AND THEY WORK. Thanks for the support guys 🙂
Old 05-08-20, 05:36 PM   #70
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3211

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Updates: NOW IT S WORKING FINE! IT WAS THE LAA. LEAVING THE LAA THAT SOMETIME DISMOUNT AUTOMATICALLY FROM MY GAME. USING THE OLD 4GB PATCH IT S ALL WORKING FINE WITH ALL THE GRAPHIC OPTIONS ON, ONLY THE SALMON AND SARGO CLASSES LAG A LITTLE BIT TOO BUT THEY WORK. I TRIED ALL THE BOAT CLASSES AND THEY WORK. Thanks for the support guys ��
Bad news for the IJN...

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 05:49 PM   #71
ArditoCorsaro
Planesman

Yeah, the corsair of the pacific is coming back. I have only 1 problem: my screenshots are all corrupted by sometime, I have also reinstalled the game many times. But they still to be corrupted.
Old 05-08-20, 06:52 PM   #72
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArditoCorsaro View Post
Yeah, the corsair of the pacific is coming back. I have only 1 problem: my screenshots are all corrupted by sometime, I have also reinstalled the game many times. But they still to be corrupted.

Have you tried downloading FRAPS instead of using the ingame screenshot function? I find FRAPS works fine.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 11:15 AM   #73
Canonicus
XO

Downloads: 623
Uploads: 7

After reading the various user experiences with this mod I would have to say that the performance hit ( i get a steady 75fps until i pan the interior cam to the new textures and it drop to about 42 fps with some stuttering) Is not a hardware issue. It's lots more info for any system to deal with.
Canonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 11:48 AM   #74
vickers03
Grey Wolf

Quote:
After reading the various user experiences with this mod I would have to say that the performance hit ( i get a steady 75fps until i pan the interior cam to the new textures and it drop to about 42 fps with some stuttering) Is not a hardware issue. It's lots more info for any system to deal with.
it's mainly the engine that can't handle that much information very well, it's
not optimized for more than one room at once.
however, with my main system, i7 with Ati RX480 i get ~55fps in the modded area..but maybe i'm overlooking something what i can optimize
in the new room
Old 05-12-20, 12:49 PM   #75
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

... besides the fact that the game was designed to run at 30fps... I do see a performance "hit", but I have never gone below 42fps with the mod, even when it was busy outside the boat, and I've got an old Core 2 Duo quad-core with 8gig of ram with an old 560Ti with what? 512k of RAM?? I don't know if it impacts the game when not viewing the interior, but I have not noticed any difference, though I do know of at least two people that do experience issues on their computers when it is loaded, but those problems might be from something else, like the base FotRSU mod, or their computers...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote