SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-11-21, 12:26 AM   #1
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 841
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
There weren't any problems in my game. Those ships were in the museum all along. What did you edit? I think my "custom broken modlist question in TWoS only thread" sense is tingling...

Why after overlaying the data on the map after saving the game and restarting it, everything disappears and I have to draw again
Old 01-11-21, 04:09 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belmondo View Post
Why after overlaying the data on the map after saving the game and restarting it, everything disappears and I have to draw again
Well, obviously because they aren't saved. The game can not adders such things for saving but you can explore and use ships journal and supermarks features to save important markings and log entries for your next playing session...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 08:46 AM   #3
Belmondo
Soundman

Downloads: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Well, obviously because they aren't saved. The game can not adders such things for saving but you can explore and use ships journal and supermarks features to save important markings and log entries for your next playing session...

It is a pity in SH3 there is no such problem, in the end something should be marked on the map during one patrol, unless I erase myself, I mainly mean the square to which I swim, for example AN5517
Old 01-11-21, 11:09 AM   #4
Beedo
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

Hi, I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything useful. I've recently installed TWOS 2.22 full on win 10. Was using 2.05 on win7 and everything was fine. Now on the newest version, whenever a tube is fired or loaded the voice line for the tube number doesn't play and will just be silent. So now it sounds like this "Tube ___ ready" or "Tube ____ Fire". The files for the numbers are present and I can play them in VLC. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:19 AM   #5
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedo View Post
Hi, I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything useful. I've recently installed TWOS 2.22 full on win 10. Was using 2.05 on win7 and everything was fine. Now on the newest version, whenever a tube is fired or loaded the voice line for the tube number doesn't play and will just be silent. So now it sounds like this "Tube ___ ready" or "Tube ____ Fire". The files for the numbers are present and I can play them in VLC. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
Those sounds had been removed intentionally because they were too annoying and repetitive while setting torpedoes speed and detonators...
Old 01-11-21, 11:25 AM   #6
Beedo
Swabbie

Downloads: 38

I appreciate the reply. I honestly never heard them play outside of launching and reloading. Is there a way that I can restore them?
Beedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:47 AM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
I appreciate the reply. I honestly never heard them play outside of launching and reloading. Is there a way that I can restore them?
You would need to backap torpedo tube number sounds prior the TWoS installation and later to add them back to the sound folder.
Old 01-11-21, 02:10 PM   #8
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3222

Quote:
Try Stormy's Das Boot sounds. Be careful. Read the instructions by TheBerbster for make it compatible with TWoS.

Good luck!

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote