SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-12, 05:15 AM   #16
SeaWolf U-57
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
So start menu was useless? really...it's clearly that Microsoft lost the plot right there. I find myself using it a fair bit.

Ow yeah that's what we're waiting for
A Frankenstein's creation of a start menu preloaded with tons of crap by said brand.

Yes all fine and well for the tablet/smartphone crowd that are bored out of their skulls and just fill their gimmick full of junk.

That junk belongs on Tablets and smartphones not on PC's

and that's the whole problem I have with Win8 it should've been called something different and promoted as purely made for Smart phones, touch screen notebooks & tablets and have the PC Windows branch beeing well left alone to be improved on for PC users. Thus I hope it bombs as hard as Vista and hopefully then Microsoft get their act back together and give us PC users something proper to work it like Win 7

HunterICX
Ok after all said and done the truth is if you ignore all the flashy looking items and just select the desk top option as soon as the system boots up the it looks, acts and runs like a fast version of Window 7

Ok I'm sorry but I cant understand what all the fuss about the start menu is. After all what function is shown on the start menu that is not in use on ether the start screen or moving the curser to ether the top or bottom or the right hand side of the screen. Its all right there for instance the programs you install are shown on the START SCREEN and any program you want access to on the DESK TOP screen you just right click it and "pin" it to the task bar. although saying that most programs you install place a icon on the DESK TOP anyway. So its only things like media player or Firefox that I move there and the items like control panel, power on/off and also change pc settings handles the things like Windows update, system performance and devices are all found in the right side panel.
So really Widows 8 has all the same features as the old systems just placed differently and to be honest the more I use Windows 8 the more I like it. And not forgetting how fast this operating System works it has to be twice as fast as Windows 7 and that's saying a lot and the programs run super smooth.
Oh and yes it Runs Silent Hunter III (star force free copy I have) and also Silent Hunter V with no problems.
SeaWolf U-57 is offline   Reply With Quote