SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-04-17, 05:02 PM   #91
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Video's available to get around the laws ... I'm not kidding. It is available I've even seen stores that will teach you how to take an illegal machine gun apart and put it in your luggage and ship it anywhere ... Legal!!!

Quote:
One way to avoid registration is to lock the magazine in the rifle until the upper and lower are separated. Cross armory made this process as fast as possible with there Quick Pins. The Quick Pins allow the user to open and close the receivers in a fraction of the time it takes to pull a standard rear takedown.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-17, 06:02 PM   #92
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I'm not sure, because I don't delve into these things, but I thought it was highly illegal to convert a semi auto to a full auto. A gunsmith could be in real trouble for doing it. That's my impression. As for gimmicks and novelties like a bump stock, ban them. Lawyers can figure out but the language.
Old 10-04-17, 09:41 PM   #93
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

You can buy the parts to make a machine gun after you put it together it is then illegal unless it was a semi-automatic to begin with and then the bump stock will pull the trigger multi times for you with just one pull.

The gun shops, that I won't provide links to, show you how to assemble and disassemble the gun (rifle or hand gun) and they sell the extra long clips too.

The employees of one shop are ex US Marines ... all legal, legal as long as it is not a functioning gun.

This confirms that we will have this blood thirsty mad man or our news screens someday:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigato...ry?id=50273390

Quote:
One official said he also had a camera mounted in the room, apparently to record himself.
Plus a red flag of his girlfriend having visited Dubai ... probably nothing to it, but I bet it comes up later.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...8d133c0c82d8c1

Quote:
Australian girlfriend of Stephen Paddock, who killed 60 people
Quote:
Last year, Ms Danley travelled to Dubai, and appears to have visited family members there.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 02:10 AM   #94
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

There seems to be a mad stampede to solve the problem of fully automatic weapons, but when's the last time such a weapon was used to kill a lot of people? Just doesn't seem to be a problem.

That's because they're terrible weapons for killing specific people. So are weapons with bump stocks. Both methods are ways to ruin any possible aim in favor of wasting a lot of ammo in any scenario where you want to shoot any specific people. Put them in the vicinity of a crowd where you don't care too much about who in particular gets it and they are in a can't miss situation.

In this case the people hiding and the like, unless they were behind armor, weren't doing themselves a bit of good. The man in the window surely wasn't aiming, but performing the much derided "spray and pray."

It's interesting that Europe, where firearms are much harder to obtain France and Britain have had their share of firearms related killing. Only the civilians were left defenseless. I'm sure that is why our perp here was spraying from a high window. Were he on the ground, someone would have been able to take some shots at him.

When it comes down to it, though, how do you protect people from a sufficiently motivated madman who doesn't care if he loses his own life? He could have tossed muriatic acid bombs, or hand grenades, driven an auto through the crowd (presently very popular in Europe).... If you want to kill people there is always a way to do it.

And does punishing the innocent really make sense? Restricting people's ability to maintain their swimming pools, or restricting the use of automobiles, or prohibiting the military from having weapons that could be used to kill people wouldn't help much. I suppose you could require all high rise buildings to have all windows bullet proof with no way to open them. That would be peachy in a fire situation, wouldn't it? And we always love to torture ourselves by being melodramatic "why has society fallen to the point where people do these terrible things." Society wasn't behind those guns, an aberrant man was behind them. How do you eliminate and prevent crazy people? I love the "well we can't fix it but shouldn't we do something" people. Sure, I think we should make puppies illegal. That would fix it. For that matter a sufficient quantity of cyanide would have killed everyone in a several block area and prevented these shootings. Makes as much sense as anything else proposed by the hand wringers.

Sufficiently motivated people who wish to kill others will always find a way, no matter how totalitarian our governments become to attempt to prevent such things. I think the answer may be to hold those people close to the killers, who were in a position to see the danger, but who chose to do nothing, as responsible as the killer for the carnage they did not prevent.

If people, instead of being afraid to say anything, were more afraid NOT to, that would fix everything, wouldn't it? And making other people afraid makes people with power very happy.

It's a terrible tragedy, with no solutions that make any sense if we think about their bad effects. So let's just do something without thinking and be done with it.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 10-05-17 at 02:22 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 04:55 AM   #95
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
I just wonder what this shooter had in mind; what was going on in his head
A bullet?
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 08:48 AM   #96
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I'm not sure, because I don't delve into these things, but I thought it was highly illegal to convert a semi auto to a full auto. A gunsmith could be in real trouble for doing it. That's my impression. As for gimmicks and novelties like a bump stock, ban them. Lawyers can figure out but the language.
What Is a Bump Stock and How Was It Used in the Las Vegas Shooting?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vegas-gun.html

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 09:47 AM   #97
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
This vid shows all that is wrong, from do-it-yourself weapon improving to suporting illegal use, to the title "The daily shooter" (lmao!!), to a bearded, black-shirted, tattooed, black-sunglasses-wearing "patriot" with a fool's cap. Who else would you trust

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 11:26 AM   #98
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
This shooter took years to plan this job by acquiring all of these weapons and ammunition
It doesn't take years to acquire that many weapons. I'm pretty sure the mainstream media is more at fault here than anyone selling weapons. The guy is a lefty nut job. In one awful swoop he struck a blow against Trump supporters at that concert(it wasn't a bunch of people with a vagina on their head after all), the 2nd amendment, Trump, and "white" men in general.
Old 10-05-17, 01:00 PM   #99
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It was on media that either all ten guns in the hotel room or all twenty-something guns in his home were bought within one year. This is madness indeed. I may be in favor of owning guns, but I am definitely against it being legal to acquire - or modify - full automatics, or to buy quantities that are sufficient to equip an army. I also do not accept mines, SAMs and mortars to be on sale. No private armies, please. No private wars. Leave dealing with that to the regular army indeed.
Old 10-05-17, 03:06 PM   #100
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

ISIS continues to insist they had a hand in his conversion. Considering the target and what it appears to many to represent. It will be interesting to see where this shooters loyalty was and his motivation for comitting such a henious act.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-05-17 at 10:44 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-17, 04:28 PM   #101
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It was on media that either all ten guns in the hotel room or all twenty-something guns in his home were bought within one year. This is madness indeed.
I've bought firearms from a dealer that had Yugo SKS's available by the crate last year. I'm fairly certain there are some Americans who own hundreds of firearms, and they've never been a problem to anyone. If I chose to own enough small arms and ammunition to equip my own small army/militia it's perfectly acceptable because of the second amendment. If I was rich I most certainly would have a sizeable arsenal just in case, but not just in case I was going to go wack a doodle. This guy wasn't a gun guy. Gun guys don't do things to give guns a bad name. This guy was a lefty or jihadi.
Old 10-05-17, 08:07 PM   #102
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

A lefty? No righty? The left wackos and "progressives" over here at least, usually are not associated with gun fetishism, but rightwingers are.
Old 10-05-17, 08:42 PM   #103
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A lefty? No righty? The left wackos and "progressives" over here at least, usually are not associated with gun fetishism, but rightwingers are.
He buys coffee at Starbucks, he's definitely on the left. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-las...htmlstory.html
Old 10-05-17, 08:54 PM   #104
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
This guy wasn't a gun guy. Gun guys don't do things to give guns a bad name. This guy was a lefty or jihadi.
This guy was seriously crazy. And evil. I haven't heard anything reliable about his political leanings.
Old 10-05-17, 09:12 PM   #105
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

It's the October Revolution comrades. But we must act quickly, already the finest minds in America have discovered our plan:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alex-j...-along-with-it
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shooter