SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-12-23, 07:04 AM   #256
SamJoDo
Watch

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Ships do not have nation flags?

Is this normal or am I missing something? None of the ships in game have a country flag (at least that I can actually see).
SamJoDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-23, 08:12 AM   #257
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Hi SamJoDo are you playing single missions or the campaign if you playing the campaign are you out on patrol in the Atlantic when you find a ship or convoy press the <> keys to the right of the M key and it should zoom into the ship in gods eye mode then you see the flags on ships also a screenie of your activated mods would be good you should be seeing flags on ships when you get close enough or in god eye mode.

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-12-23 at 08:44 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 09:28 AM   #258
Splug
Nub

Downloads: 85
Icon10

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your reply, and apologies for my slow response - I've been thoroughly engrossed in LSH3 ...

It is apparent that my brain has likely been affected by far too many years at sea, water-logged and damaged by incident to the extent that my retired iteration is little more inspiring than a Seaslug. Certainly not the SAM iteration, leeaning toward the sunk version I guess.

All that in mind; it transpires I firstly named the dual installations, Career and Single Player Missions (a sad loner you understand) in reverse.

Secondly; I failed miserably to follow simple instructions, despite reading them twice, to launch 'LSH3-2022 Mod Archive Manager' before using JSGME.

Once installed properly, as per clear instruction, LSH3 is firing on all cylinders and we are full ahead.

Thank you again!

Now, SH4 is a completely different animal. I've tried every combination of compatibility options existing to-date, but she refuses to fire up. Before I climb into the scavenge spaces, I shall seek out the appropriate pages to scribe my woes.

Fair winds and a following sea for now
Splug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-23, 10:28 AM   #259
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Splug!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-23, 05:06 PM   #260
Archive1
Commander

Downloads: 26
Default DF antenna

I note that the DF antenna can be raised and lowered using SHFT +V/Ctrl +V keys. I do not notice any change in the sonar signal I hear in the sonar room. That is, it is not stronger with the DF antenna up than it is with the DF antenna down. Perhaps the movement of the antenna is merely a nice graphical feature and is not meant to have a functional impact on the sonar signal. Or maybe it is used in some Wolfpack activity that I do not participate in.
Archive1
Archive1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-23, 11:56 PM   #261
Archive1
Commander

Default Df antenna and Merchant speeds

1. Maybe my query re: the Df antenna was poorly worded. It was actually a question - whether the position of the antenna influences the signal strength of the contact. Does it? It seems not to do so in my limited experiments.

2. If one wants to do manual torpedo attacks, the speed of the target is critical to feed into the calculations (distance, AOB). The original SH3 manual says to look up the ship speed in the "Library" of vessels. But the listed speed rarely is congruent with the observed speed - that is, while a Ferry Ship is listed as 15 knots, it usually is observed as moving around 8 kts, when observed in the periscope in the Automatic Attack Mode (or whatever the proper term is). Should we conclude that the listed speed is max speed and not usual and customary speed and therefore is actually useless? That means for manual mode torpedo attack one needs to use the stopwatch and measure distance travelled over, say, 5 minutes then pull down the calculator at the top to read off the speed. Am I right about this?
Archive1
Old 05-09-23, 12:46 AM   #262
BeneQ04
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default UZO and Deck Gun stabilization

As I understand in LSH mini manual UZO and Deck Gun should also be not stabilized (if I choose option in game settings "No stabilization view")? But in my games UZO and deck gun are stabilized, is this something wrong? How can I make it work?

Rest of the mod is working very good
BeneQ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-23, 11:53 AM   #263
Archive1
Commander

BeneQ04:
I'm not the one to answer your question specifically, but would make this observation - you will always have to stabilize the deck gun if you hope to hit anything. In a real-life situation, the OD on the bridge could carefully change the sub heading to modify wave induced rolling and heaving to assist the deck gun crew - in any simulation that's not really an option. Maybe you are better at this than I, but I cannot hit much of anything - especially farther than maybe 500-600 meters - unless the program stabilizes the image and I time my shots very carefully for that short moment when the gun stops heaving up and down.
Hope this helps.
Archive1
Old 05-17-23, 11:25 PM   #264
Archive1
Commander

Why am I getting blazing red Norton notices that this website is closed because of suspected dangerous activity? It will not let me do much of anything especially send PMs. It just closes the website. I'm not even sure this message will be sent.
Archive1
Old 05-18-23, 07:03 AM   #265
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Do you use Norton AV? It sounds like you need to clear your browser's history and other cache items, and re-boot the machine. Some other site is tracking you.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-23, 12:02 AM   #266
Archive1
Commander

propbeab...:
Hmmm. May be the problem, but not sure how to clear the browser's (MS Edge) history or Norton's cache - it that is where the problem lies.

BTW - how do I send a PM to someone? Can't seem to find that option even in the Donar's Mod...or whatever it is called.
Archive1
Old 05-22-23, 02:02 PM   #267
BeneQ04
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default GUI LSH 2022

Another question for me: Anyone have some GUI modification for LSH2022? I really don't like OLC (looks awfull for me) and Im looking for alternative (something like DGUI for LSH2020, but it crashes game for me)
BeneQ04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-23, 02:47 PM   #268
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

BeneQ04!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-23, 07:05 PM   #269
r_scientist
Nub

Downloads: 8
Default RAOFB horribly off

So i just installed the lsh 2022HD and am stuck in a violent battle with the RAOFB ring in the olc mod. it is off by a horrible degree. So are there other ways to get the ring with the logarithmic scales to work with the mod? When I last played sh3 like 2 years ago, it was quite fun.
r_scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-23, 11:25 PM   #270
Archive1
Commander

To Anyone:

Is anyone out there?

Anyone?

Archive1