Old 10-02-19, 06:24 AM   #781
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLiability53 View Post
Hi

I've been a major military history buff since I could remember, but naval history (past about the mid 17th century anyway) just never really interested me.

I'd played other naval combat sims waaaaay back in the day, then I played Silent Hunter 2 and Destroyer Command. The tactics were a bit beyond my grasp back when I played them. I wasn't used to games where simple reflexes and arcade skill were next to useless, but it fired up my young imagination. Being in essentially a hollow torpedo designed to carry slightly smaller torpedoes while being shot at with torpedoes.... it seemed an utterly insane way to fight a war.

So anyway, long story short, naval history oddly still doesn't interest me very much. The psychology, tactics, and insanity/bravery of the sailors, those stuffed into little metal tubes and those walking on floating metal bullseyes.... that is what I find utterly fascinating.
And yes, I really, really suck at SH5. Worse than I did at SH2. There's obviously a lot of learning to do.
Welcome Aboard

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:57 AM   #782
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Icon1 Welcome aboard!

MrLiability53!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 09:47 AM   #783
InducingPanic
Nub

Downloads: 0

Mark S. Former Marine and wannabe sub commander here from Central Ohio.
InducingPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 10:56 AM   #784
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SubSim Mark

Old 12-02-19, 11:17 AM   #785
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default welcome aboard!

InducingPanic!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 12-14-19, 09:23 AM   #786
O.Kusch
Sailor man

Downloads: 159
Icon7

Hello, good morning and good afternoon @ all,

my name is Uli, I'm from South-Germany, near Porsche e Mercedes-City�� . At first, please excuse my lousy english, my last lesson was in the last century and yet I'm not able to use g... translator. ( em portugues me viro mas facil )

I'm a entuastic Kaleu of SH3 an Sh5. since I got run the games with mod's on my old rusty laptop.
Since 1 week I could install twos mod and I'm really impressed how it was possible to change a unfinished, bugged and frustrating game to a really good Subsim game.
On this way I want to give a big, big Thank you for all modders and an people who keep Subsim running!

Greetings from Germany und gute Jagd ihr Himmelhunde!
Uli

Last edited by O.Kusch; 06-23-20 at 07:35 AM.
O.Kusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-19, 12:01 PM   #787
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > O.Kusch
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-19, 09:36 PM   #788
SimSubSalabim
Nub

Downloads: 11

Howdy,

32, I live in the PNW, I have always been fascinated with WWII planes, vehicles and ships/subs. I never had the commitment or patience to learn previous sub sims, however, I have tried SH3 previously and just started to get into SH5. I have played Cold Waters, Wolfpack, SH3 and now SH5, sort of a lot for someone who never got particularly competent with sub sims!

I am happy to be learning as I go, however, I am finding I need to mod SH5 a bit, but I am loving the game.

Glad to have joined and enjoy browsing the forums and all the tutorials out there!
SimSubSalabim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 11:09 AM   #789
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SubSim

Old 02-09-20, 08:38 PM   #790
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

I'm a young Subsim skipper here who loves Silent Hunter 5,4, and 3!
I live in Indiana, USA. When I graduate High school (I'm a senior) and I turn 19, I'm gonna try and get a recommendation from the Senator to the US Naval Academy to be an officer in the Navy.
I like to write stories about WW2. Varying from pilots to a paratrooper in WW2 who is fighting in the battle of the bulge and then Submarine commanders. I'm a proud ladies man who is better at being friends with girls in my grade at my school than being their significant other, sadly .
I have a wide range of musical preferences from Billy Joel, Swing era, and old raps like 'Hey Ya!' performed by OutKast in 2003. Most of the kids in my school love rap, I cannot stand rap of the mid 2010s to the present day. I'm what I call a "Torpedo Head" or a guy who knows a lot about WW2.
I like war propaganda movies like "The battle of Midway" filmed by cameraman John Ford in 1942. I also love movies of that era, such as The Wizard of Oz (who wouldn't love that classic!) or Casablanca.
Other war movies like Midway and 1917 which just came out recently are personal favorites. I work with my grandfather on breaks to earn money for equipment and donating to Subsim!

Thats me.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-20, 03:34 AM   #791
Raptor82
Lost in the Waves

Downloads: 78

Well I also have this one now. Gott Help me
Raptor82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 01:50 PM   #792
csousa
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default o7 all.

I'm a long time lurker of subsim from Porto, Portugal. Made my first introduction on here in 2016.
But in reality I've been playing since the days of SH3, then SH4 and through SH5 all these years but never really "dived deep" into none of them. Just casual playing.
In these trying times we are living when a lot of us are self-quarantining and with a lot of free time on our hands I've decided to give SH5 another try and modded it with TWOS.
Now I'm hooked, amazingly different experience and I've been learning so much new stuff about WWII as a whole, U-Boats and real navigation, all the different ships, etc...
Of course I have a lot of questions and some of them have been answered here, reading through the threads or watching youtube videos about the subject.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post here, you've contributed to make these days less trying for me and to keep me entertained and at times to conpletely get my mind of what we are living right now.
Old 06-06-20, 04:49 PM   #793
Gardjinn
Swabbie

Downloads: 18

Captain Vittery here Quay Lord of Brixham

Gardjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 10:16 AM   #794
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default welcome aboard!

SheriGoddart33!

Old 06-23-20, 01:43 PM   #795
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Welcome to SubSim SheriGoddart33

Tags
intro, introduction