SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-10-24, 01:33 PM   #1
CreelMan

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Screen Alignment

Hi, has anyone here experienced an issue with SH3 where the screen/display is offset to the left and the notice "no input support" (relating to monitor I guess) tracks across the screen?

I've tried playing around with various resolution settings, looked up as much as I could find on Google and YouTube and none of it seems to work. For some reason I find the monitor control buttons are disabled when the game is running so any possible options there are out the window.

Only thing that half worked was running the game windowed but doing that much of the game display is cut off and can't be expanded to show it all.

Surely some kind of fix has to exist and I'm not the only one who's had something like this, am I?
CreelMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-24, 08:38 AM   #2
Hooston
Planesman

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
Default looks you are the only one

Not seen this myself. Sounds like you are asking for a display mode (x resolution, y resolution and refresh rate) your graphics card or monitor cannot display.

Which widescreen mod are you using? What is in your d3d9.ini or d3d9.cfg file (in the same directory as sh3.exe).
What display modes does windows offer you (in display properties)
What is the native (i.e. maximum) resolution of your monitor? The symptoms are like something you would see on an old fashioned CRT display or a more modern LCD one connected with an analogue cable.
Hooston is offline   Reply With Quote