SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-23, 01:49 AM   #1
Alvarez
Nub

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
Icon9 Angle of bow does not want to work

Hi guys! I purchased Wolfpack back in version 0.14. Then there was a big break in the game (job change, etc.). And I was happy to discover how much the developers have done. But it was also a big disappointment that the usual divisions on the periscope are no longer relevant!
For this reason, none of the known formulas work for me, as well as the RAOBF ring that was downloaded from this forum. Moreover, thinking that I completely forgot how to play, I downloaded the solution solver again from this forum (thanks a lot for your work, guys!). But comparing with the in-game tables, I came across the fact that these devices, while continuing to work in accordance with the mathematical formulas embedded in them ... Do not work in the game!
For example, a ship 150 meters long, crane height 28 (training mission, you all know this tanker). It takes 3 risks, which is 3733 meters according to the instrument, but according to the tables this is not so. And in general, I see it at 90 degrees, but in the solution solver it should take almost 17 lines, and in the periscope it is visible about 11, and this is on a precisely defined visually (and then on the map marks, because this is a training mode). It’s a shame that the dependence seems to be non-linear, I don’t know what to do with it, in a real game it’s not always possible to ideally stand at 90 degrees, and at other angles the error walks in all directions (((

A formula like "The length of the ship according to the guide * the apparent height in the risks / the height of the mast according to the guide = the number of notches at supposedly 90 degrees." then the second action is "apparent length in marks * 90 / result of the first calculation" Allegedly, this will give the angle of the bow. As you can imagine, if that were the case, I wouldn't be posting here.

The sine formula also works when compared to RAOBF, the formula I gave above... But again, it doesn't work in the game.

However, the noob seems to be me here, as the rest of the players quite obviously successfully calculate torpedoes and send them to the target with a success rate of at least 80%.

I ask for any possible help. I'll provide screenshots of course.
Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote