SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-18-20, 09:27 AM   #1456
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Confirmed cases pass 200,000, more than 8,000 people have died.

Schools in Scotland and Wales are to close with England decisions "imminent"

The US and Canada plan to close their border, President Trump tweets, saying trade will not be affected.

EU countries have begun turning away travellers from outside the bloc.

Share prices fall in Europe and Asia as stimulus packages fail to reassure markets.

Glastonbury festival and Eurovison Song Contest cancelled.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 09:28 AM   #1457
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

If there's a group of gamers who can enjoy lockdown, that's subsimmers

CLOSE THE HATCH!! DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!
Old 03-18-20, 09:30 AM   #1458
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Glastonbury festival and Eurovison Song Contest cancelled.
At last some good news.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 09:38 AM   #1459
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Note: I received an alert triggered from the Subsim forum maintenance system, some of you have been going back and deleting massive number of posts in this thread. This is not allowed, the reason is if people make statements, other people respond to them - that's what a discussion is. It makes discussion incoherent when big parts of the discussion are removed later.

If you received a warning, or if you are unable to edit/delete posts, you were responsible. Please continue with your participation in the discussion but perhaps choose your words more carefully. We want to hear what you have to say. If you say it, you should own it.

Neal
I have only erased one post from this thread and I did this earlier today(after midnight)
I wrote a reply to STEED, where I in words described a funny cartoon and I also wrote that I don't know if I'm allowed to post it here.
One of them was
Toilet paper shortage alternatives
The Escalator Hand-rail option.

After a couple of minutes I decided to erase it.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 09:41 AM   #1460
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

I've only visited New York City once in my life and I was absolutely amazed how crowded and filled with life the streets were day or night. Its looks like a ghost town now. Traffic is actually moving too.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:10 AM   #1461
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I've only visited New York City once in my life and I was absolutely amazed how crowded and filled with life the streets were day or night. Its looks like a ghost town now. Traffic is actually moving too.
New York has a life of it's own or a Spirit I should say that's different from any where else I have been from the hot dog carts to the street vendors to the people playing guitars to the taxi drivers to being surrounded by the tall buildings it is different.

I was driving through an alley one time and saw a long line of men and women well dressed going up a fire escape so I stopped and asked a well dressed black man, "What's going on"? and he said, "We are applying for jobs man"

Strong willed people use to adversity with something like 7 million people in a fifty mile area.

Yes New York is different
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:28 AM   #1462
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
[...] Eurovison Song Contest cancelled.
There is a bright side

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:38 AM   #1463
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Confirmed cases pass 200,000, more than 8,000 people have died.
As the good doctor said (John Campbell) : "Probably multiply numbers here in the UK with a factor 10 or 20." - He meant that the UK started late with testing and all that, like the US. The numbers for both are way too low, therefore, garbage quality at best.

The US is being overwhelmed already, I read. No more free ICUs within the next 14 days. In numbers the US has 48 thousand ICUs for a population of I dont know, some 300+ millions. Germany has still 28 thousand ICUs for 82 million, so the density is higher over here. But only a fifth of these are unoccupied beds in normal times, and I assume it is not much different in the US. That makes it 9600 ICUs free before the crisis began, and thta capacity already is up. In Germany its around 5500 free ICUs, and in parts that capacity also is already filled.

Here in Germany they already try to double the number of ICUs. Its just that nobody knows where the nurses and doctors and ventilators should come from, the amsks and protective gear (of which they already run terribly short right now). The world market leader for ICU ventilators of this kind sits in Germany, in my beloved city of Lübeck (we once lived 200m away from their compound), Draeger Werke, but their hand-production and hand callibration is such that the order for ten thousand units that was placed by the german govenrment (which is unusual that it is states ordeirng, normally it is just hospitals) surpasses their complete yearly production by a factor of 5. Also, they need many sub contractors delivering components, and part of those international supply chains already are severed or disrupted. And they do not have enough instructors to train staff and engineers to fine-callibrate the devices in place. You cannot just deliver them and nurses know how to run them all by temselves.

What politicians want, is one thing. What they can get when meeting reality, is something very different.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-18-20 at 12:12 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 10:57 AM   #1464
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

(If this is too political, tell me, I can move it)

Watch how Fox News has changed its tone on coronavirus
From previously downplaying risks and accusing the media of fearmongering, Fox News has taken a very different tone towards the coronavirus in recent days.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...s-coronavirus/

Tucker Carlson being the notable exception, he got it from the beginning.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 11:33 AM   #1465
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

^ I'm not surprised by that news as its the Murdoch Family who owns most of it, Keith Rupert Murdoch is 89, he's probably lost any semblance of intellect he ever had, that's if the moron had any in the first place, I believe he should bow out gracefully and take one for the team (planet earth).

Any way the idiot is coming round to how dangerous this virus really is, at 89 I think the fear factor has gotten to him and self preservation is kicking in.
Old 03-18-20, 11:39 AM   #1466
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I live in Münster, Northrhine-Westphalia. NRW is the federal state with the highest infection number and the biggest population of all 16 states. I now read that my hometown is rank 3 in NRW'S list on infection numbers. Means not many places in Germany are as toxic as this one. NRW also holds the district of Heinsberg pn rank 1, which is the most infested area in whole Germany.

I need to dig deeper. If you notice that I stopped posting, you know why.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-18-20 at 11:48 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 12:01 PM   #1467
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Old 03-18-20, 12:22 PM   #1468
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

@Skybird, just because you might contract this virus does'nt mean you should stop posting on here, you can give us a daily update with all the gruesome little details for us. At least we will have all the gory information first hand from a member and then we'll know what to expect when we start dropping like flies. I'll setup a fundraiser for you for when you meet your earthly demise, its the least we can do for you.
Old 03-18-20, 01:02 PM   #1469
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

(I can't remember if I have posted this comment before)

What I fear most about this Corona virus, is that it will return somewhere in the autumn, more deadly and a lot more contagious even air born.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-20, 01:32 PM   #1470
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Nice thing about this guy he uses peer reviewed medical journals to make his points. Makes my point too that this has been spreading long before it even had a name. Look, we have the technology and we have the know how to treat patients. The death rates may increase but not so much because of the actual infection. But because health services may be so over whelmed they are unable to treat it.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 03-18-20 at 01:55 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan