SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-05-11, 05:08 PM   #1381
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

A side 'consequence' of this fix is that the coastal defenses can be given radar, hydrophone, sonar, whatever...they are a ship This could make for some interesting things....
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-11, 05:09 PM   #1382
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
Well, at least now Gibraltar, Suez and Panama is sealed for good. I feel an urge to make the start of the MN campaign in France, no teleporting in Italy.
Sounds like Zedi wants us all dead by 42.

this could save some time on the campaign editing

EDIT:
Quote:
A side 'consequence' of this fix is that the coastal defenses can be given radar, hydrophone, sonar, whatever...they are a ship This could make for some interesting things....
Looks like we can add TDW to the list.
Old 06-05-11, 05:20 PM   #1383
Trevally.
Navy Seal

@ TDW

With the new version, how will the AI sub handle:-
Meeting convoy head on?
Meeting convoy side on?

I am looking at the wolfpacks travel paths and thinking about changing it so we get more chance of an attack.
Old 06-05-11, 05:32 PM   #1384
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
@ TDW

With the new version, how will the AI sub handle:-
Meeting convoy head on?
Meeting convoy side on?

I am looking at the wolfpacks travel paths and thinking about changing it so we get more chance of an attack.
It's totally random what they decide to do. I can tell you this though - they will submerge at ~5000m from the contact or sooner if they take damage.

test version of v1.0.0 will be releasing shortly so you will be able to test it out.
Old 06-05-11, 05:34 PM   #1385
Trevally.
Navy Seal

@ TDW
Also - what is the start attack range for the AI subs when they meet a target
Old 06-05-11, 05:37 PM   #1386
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
@ TDW
Also - what is the start attack range for the AI subs when they meet a target
As soon as they spot a target they will pursue it provided it's < 15000m from them and they are not heavily damaged. They will not fire any torpedoes until they are <= 1500m and > 450m from the contact. I still can't get them to fire any guns.....but I have a clue as to why.
Old 06-05-11, 05:42 PM   #1387
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
As soon as they spot a target they will pursue it provided it's < 15000m from them and they are not heavily damaged. They will not fire any torpedoes until they are <= 1500m and > 450m from the contact. I still can't get them to fire any guns.....but I have a clue as to why.
Thats good thanks
Old 06-05-11, 06:07 PM   #1388
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

3D model question: I have the AA platform from SH3 that I'm using for the coastal defense. The 3D model isn't 'closed' and I need to close it so that collisions can happen with it. How does one close a 3D model? The bottom of it is open and is what needs to be closed.

EDIT:

I'm being stupid! The beauty of the DMG_col node is that you can specify another 3D model for the collision of an object. So I made a cylinder in Wings3D that is about the size of the platform

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 06-05-11 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-06-11, 07:33 PM   #1389
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I'm going to apologize now.....I finally got the AI to do what I've always wanted them to do when they detect you and proceed to intercept you to do DC runs You do not want to be DC'd anymore Trying to get a single torpedo off when they are heading towards you for their DC run is really a futile attempt now (a spread of 4 might have a chance). Even trying to take out the Director is challenging to say the least.

work still progresses on v1.0.0
Old 06-06-11, 07:40 PM   #1390
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
I'm going to apologize now.....I finally got the AI to do what I've always wanted them to do when they detect you and proceed to intercept you to do DC runs You do not want to be DC'd anymore Trying to get a single torpedo off when they are heading towards you for their DC run is really a futile attempt now (a spread of 4 might have a chance). Even trying to take out the Director is challenging to say the least.

work still progresses on v1.0.0
Fantastic , when you have finished with all your wips this game will be the best simulation game ever
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 07:50 PM   #1391
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Fantastic , when you have finished with all your wips this game will be the best simulation game ever
We (community) are getting it there

I forgot to mention that proper evasion techniques against 1-2 warships DCing you now will help you get away (side consequence of above ) If there are more than 2 you will be visiting Davy Jones's locker. Choose your targets wisely.
Old 06-06-11, 07:51 PM   #1392
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Old 06-06-11, 08:47 PM   #1393
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

I am SO very pleased now with how the AI 'behaves' with DC runs and searching for you after losing contact with you (when submerged). There's no rhythm or rhyme as to what they do or how they do it....it's like they are actually thinking of what their next move will be This is why I love modding, especially AI

I just played cat and mouse with a veteran V&W destroyer, changing depth and speed erratically, for over 2 hrs game time. He would lose contact with me, start searching then acquire me again, do a DC run and I would give him the slip after his run....thinking I'm almost home free I up the speed a little and change the direction....moments later he picks a new place to search which is next to me...I drop speed but too late, he re-acquires me.....this went on and on and was SO fun!
Old 06-06-11, 10:22 PM   #1394
Dfalle
Nub

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default Sweeeet

Dude i just wanted to stop in and say thank you for all the hard work youve done with all these mods. The time and energy youve put into this is astounding, im surprised your lady lets you get away with it. Its guys like you that put the companies who rush half tested games onto the shelves to shame. I look forward to your completion of your latest update,until than work safe and hopefully your still enjoying modding and havent smashed to many keyboards out of frustration in the process.......be careful thou...with this work youve done they may try and hire you to help build SH6....good luck!!!!
Dfalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 11:36 PM   #1395
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

It's just wonderful!
Quote:
I just played cat and mouse with a veteran V&W destroyer, changing depth and speed erratically, for over 2 hrs game time. He would lose contact with me, start searching then acquire me again, do a DC run and I would give him the slip after his run....thinking I'm almost home free I up the speed a little and change the direction....moments later he picks a new place to search which is next to me...I drop speed but too late, he re-acquires me.....this went on and on and was SO fun!