STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nippelspanner View Post
For the first time?
No, but not for a long time.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 05:54 AM   #1337
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
No, but not for a long time.
It never gets old, does it?
Love the Terminator series... well, 1 and 2, cause right there it ends. Period.

Old 04-07-15, 06:04 AM   #1338
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
It never gets old, does it?

First one was the best for me far more gritty, second good but I found the T-1000 far to advanced. The Third one was just a rip of the second one and the fourth at long last moved the story forward but could have been better.

As for the up coming new one, why the hell did they crap on first one!

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 06:15 AM   #1339
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Oh there is one? Awesome!
I'm sure they'll rip it apart...
Yes, it's very funny. I have 2 subscriptions on youtube. The channel of the honest trailers, that and the channel of HSIHE! Also very good!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 06:31 AM   #1340
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Love HISHE!
Did you see the ?
Probably their best ever!

Just checked out the Gone Girl honest trailer, laughed my butt off. The How I met your Mother reference was great, I didn't even think of Barney's "crazy-curve-theory" during the movie.
Old 04-07-15, 08:38 AM   #1341
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Yes, ! I love more the super hero cafe and the villain lair! Hall 9000 as the door security!
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-15, 01:13 PM   #1342
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned it ended with 1. The movie was perfect in that it was a closed loop, everything fit together perfectly and it needed no sequel. The second one rewrote the history, changed everything and as far as I'm concerned pretty much ruined it.
Old 04-07-15, 01:17 PM   #1343
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
As far as I'm concerned it ended with 1. The movie was perfect in that it was a closed loop, everything fit together perfectly and it needed no sequel. The second one rewrote the history, changed everything and as far as I'm concerned pretty much ruined it.
Shile I agree that a sequel wasn't necessary, I can only disagree on the rest.

The second one rewrote nothing nor did it change anything.
In T2 they explain the existence of further Terminators by recovering parts from the first Terminator that got crushed in the press. Makes perfect sense to me.

How did that ruin anything?
Also, wouldn't you say T2 is a good movie?
Ignore T1 for a moment and just judge T2 on what it is I mean...
I think it is one of the best action movies of all time.
Old 04-07-15, 04:49 PM   #1344
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Only 'miscast' was clearly Neil Patrick Harris, whom I like very much but... he didn't work out in that one.
He stuck out like a sore thumb in that role. I feel like there's at least a hundred better choices for that role...

Quote:
I rated it a 6/10 since movie 'went too far' in the end as mentioned, I would still consider it a 'should watch!' since the story itself was new, refreshing and quite shocking.
I agree that it possibly might have gone too far...but AFAIK, the book was the same way. I thought it was an excellent movie...but I'm also pretty biased. That movie was filmed half an hour from where I live. I've been to most of the locations in the movie and I remember the local news hype when all the stars came to town.

The Bar is an actual legitimate place now. Walked/Driven by it many a time but never been inside.
Old 04-07-15, 08:16 PM   #1345
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
The second one rewrote nothing nor did it change anything.
Except for the part where, as Larry Niven once put it, they "made it didn't happen." They changed history so the war didn't come. The world is safe. As I said, the original was a perfect closed circle, at least to me. The sequel opened that circle and changed everything.

Quote:
How did that ruin anything?
Having other terminators, or making more attempts, was fine. In fact, the whole movie was fine. It is possible to ruin a whole movie with one scene. For me that scene was the last one, where they made it so the first one never happened.

Quote:
Also, wouldn't you say T2 is a good movie?
Ignore T1 for a moment and just judge T2 on what it is I mean...
I think it is one of the best action movies of all time.
That's arguably true, but I don't watch movies for the action. I watch them for the story. When they rewrite their own history they lose me.
Old 04-07-15, 09:27 PM   #1346
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Quote:
That's arguably true, but I don't watch movies for the action. I watch them for the story.
I do the same thing...and I'm very much disappointed by a lot of action movies.

Lack of originality keeps me from watching most of them nowadays.
Old 04-08-15, 05:17 AM   #1347
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Except for the part where, as Larry Niven once put it, they "made it didn't happen." They changed history so the war didn't come. The world is safe. As I said, the original was a perfect closed circle, at least to me. The sequel opened that circle and changed everything.

Having other terminators, or making more attempts, was fine. In fact, the whole movie was fine. It is possible to ruin a whole movie with one scene. For me that scene was the last one, where they made it so the first one never happened.

That's arguably true, but I don't watch movies for the action. I watch them for the story. When they rewrite their own history they lose me.
I gotta be honest here, I don't really follow what you're saying.
What "part" do you speak of where they changed the movie/history?
In Terminator 1, no one ever said "OK, that's it, we're all perfectly safe now." Even Sarah Connor herself wasn't feeling safe, obviously, and her final scene was underlining that heavily when the little boy at the gas station told her (or rather the guy who translated for him) "There is a storm coming!" and she just said "I know...".
While he thought of that puny storm, she clearly thought Judgement day/aftermath, don't you think? She also got herself a dog, probably because Kyle told her that they used dogs to detect Terminators, so it seems to me the movie is strongly hinting that this isn't the end.

What last scene ruined it for you, you mean the ending of T2, or T1?
Sorry I'm just confused here.
If T2... why? If, then T2 was the definite ending, since everything was destroyed for good. I don't even remember the silly justification T3 pulled out of its bum to have a reason to be. I remember something like "Well yeah, you just can't stop Skynet, bummer!" but it didn't make any sense to me, after T2.

I'm not arguing with you, I honestly don't see your points but would like to, please elaborate for the, hopefully just today, rather slow Nippel, yes?

Last but not least, I watch movies for their story too, and the movie snob that I now am is not that easily entertained anymore and despises 'work' like Expendables, Bayformers and the like, but it is an action movie, by genre, that is why I said action movie.
It can still have a great story, like T1 has proven and T2 - in my opinion, as well.
Old 04-08-15, 09:17 AM   #1348
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
I gotta be honest here, I don't really follow what you're saying.
Quote:
In Terminator 1, no one ever said "OK, that's it, we're all perfectly safe now." Even Sarah Connor herself wasn't feeling safe, obviously, and her final scene was underlining that heavily when the little boy at the gas station told her (or rather the guy who translated for him) "There is a storm coming!" and she just said "I know...".

While he thought of that puny storm, she clearly thought Judgement day/aftermath, don't you think? She also got herself a dog, probably because Kyle told her that they used dogs to detect Terminators, so it seems to me the movie is strongly hinting that this isn't the end.
I'm not sure what you're missing. What you just quoted was my point in the first place. The war is coming. No one is safe. The kid takes the picture that John Connor will later give to Kyle Reese, which makes him want to be the one to make the trip. As I said, closed loop, perfect movie.

Quote:
What last scene ruined it for you, you mean the ending of T2, or T1?
Sorry I'm just confused here.
If T2... why? If, then T2 was the definite ending, since everything was destroyed for good.
T2, because everything was not destroyed for good. They changed the future and the war never happened. That's what ruined it for me.
Old 04-08-15, 10:23 AM   #1349
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
T2, because everything was not destroyed for good. They changed the future and the war never happened. That's what ruined it for me.
OK, that was the missing piece for me, now it makes sense and you are absolutely right!

They should have made another ending that would have fit better.
While their choice makes sense, it indeed disrupts the story completely.
Old 04-10-15, 11:54 PM   #1350
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Well had dinner and a movie...finally watched Furious 7.

As a fan of the series, I give this a 15/10 Definitely Would Watch 5 More Times

You have to get past the technical errors and if you've never seen the other 6 movies you'll be lost.

Best advice, watch them all.

Tags
films, movie, movies