SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-22-09, 06:43 PM   #1306
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Good stuff but I'm having an issue:

Targets won't stay locked. Even up close.

It happens even when I only have Monsun loaded in. Is the environment modded enough to throw things out of whack?

Nevermind, I just noticed the issue listed. Is there an easy way to yank the sensor mods out so this doesn't happen as much?
Old 05-22-09, 11:25 PM   #1307
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousKoel View Post
Is there an easy way to yank the sensor mods out so this doesn't happen as much?
No there is not. Try to conduct your attack from the north side of the target. If the target is between 090 clockwise 270 degrees true from your boat you have the best chance to maintain lock
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 01:17 AM   #1308
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye View Post
ah, but i seem to remember downloading mods from filefront. what happened to that alternative?

and it took more than five minutes because that captcha is murder.

a big part of it too is that filefront announced it was shutting down and many peoples files were deleted by filefront for unknown reasons.

filefront was saved at the last second by new ownership but the damage was done.

before they shut down strange things started happening like when all my files were deleted and they told me I did it which was BS

then they said my files were inactive for too long again pure BS because they had 1000 downloads in 3 months and the least active was downloaded 43 times during that time.

many filefront users experienced simular events with their accounts before the announced shut down date.

many filefront users moved their files to other sites and many came here to SUBSIM for the reason we were already members.

personally i cant think of a better sh4 forum anywhere anyway so joining here to get downloads often leads people to finding out other sites pale on comparison to what SUBSIM forums offer.
Old 05-23-09, 07:46 AM   #1309
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye View Post
ah, but i seem to remember downloading mods from filefront. what happened to that alternative?

and it took more than five minutes because that captcha is murder.
http://hosted.filefront.com/lurkerhlb3
Old 05-23-09, 03:04 PM   #1310
NefariousKoel
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3 View Post
No there is not. Try to conduct your attack from the north side of the target. If the target is between 090 clockwise 270 degrees true from your boat you have the best chance to maintain lock
Okay. Thanks for the reply.

Is there any word on being able to get this fixed or perhaps a workaround of some kind in a future version? The mod is great but for this one major annoyance.
Old 05-23-09, 03:47 PM   #1311
Kaleun
Chief

Downloads: 266

hi,

Very excellent work, as per usual, Lurker, i'm just returning to ATO after bumming around in a US sub! 1 quick question though - I'm really interested in the VIID minelaying operations and have been sent to the coast of Panama, my question is:

How are the Milkcows modelled, as i'll need the extra fuel - Does my boat already have extra fuel to "simulate" them or will they show up as a short term base in histroical locations??

Thanks in advance

Kaleun
Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-09, 04:29 PM   #1312
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousKoel View Post
Is there any word on being able to get this fixed or perhaps a workaround of some kind in a future version?

I have no plans to make changes in this area
Old 05-23-09, 04:30 PM   #1313
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleun View Post
hi,

Very excellent work, as per usual, Lurker, i'm just returning to ATO after bumming around in a US sub! 1 quick question though - I'm really interested in the VIID minelaying operations and have been sent to the coast of Panama, my question is:

How are the Milkcows modelled, as i'll need the extra fuel - Does my boat already have extra fuel to "simulate" them or will they show up as a short term base in histroical locations??

Thanks in advance

Kaleun

You will get a message when Milkcows are on station and were. You will see a German port icon and you just sail to it and refuel/refit

Last edited by lurker_hlb3; 05-24-09 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-24-09, 12:37 PM   #1314
Hayha
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 35

I have 1 question
Why when i play in expert mode the game is like easy mode?
I mean that when i lock a target automaticly they give the speed, bearing and distance. It´s normal in this mod? I would like to play in expert.

THX
Hayha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-09, 04:49 PM   #1315
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayha View Post
I have 1 question
I mean that when i lock a target automaticly they give the speed, bearing and distance. It´s normal in this mod? I would like to play in expert.

THX

OM makes no changes in this area. You need to check your "realism" settings
Old 05-25-09, 08:45 AM   #1316
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayha View Post
I have 1 question

THX
In the office, click on the filing cabinet to the right of the map and set your game play preferences there. To play as an 'expert', you need to set TDC to manual.
TDK1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 09:02 PM   #1317
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK1044 View Post
In the office, click on the filing cabinet to the right of the map and set your game play preferences there. To play as an 'expert', you need to set TDC to manual.
I wish we could mod in a "happy medium". I don't like to do manual TDC. IMO it is not realistic. The game simulates me being the Captain of the boat, so I would no more be doing the TDC then I would be loading my own torps. These are tasks my crew performs on my orders. The problem is if you set your crew (ie, the computer) to do it, the results are MUCH too fast and accurate. So neither option leaves us with a realistic portrayal of a Captain in WW2.

If automatic TDC took into account the skill of your crew to vary the time it takes to crunch the numbers and the accuracy of the firing solutions they produced.. I would be a happy man indeed.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 07:56 AM   #1318
SilentOtto
Engineer

Downloads: 71

I guess that option would be _really_ cool, but I deeply doubt any modder can do that, my guess is that's hardcoded stuff... we can only hope (or request) from the manufacturers to think of this realism issue for their next releases...

When you get to this level of detail we are getting with this sim, a too exact AI is one of the biggest enemies for a realistic sensation when playing. Getting that "fuzzy" or "human" intelligence programmed is the real deal for this kind of simulation, of course once the foundations (physics, graph stuff, historic realism, etc) have been achieved.
SilentOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 05:11 PM   #1319
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I am having a problem with OpsMonsun where a day or two into my patrol I will get a sudden report of my Radio Room Bulkhead being destroyed. No combat, just traveling to patrol zones. This has happened about 5 times with both the IIB and VIIB.

I am of course running 1.5 and when it first happened I had OM + Patch first in JSGME, then a few graphics mods and Natural Sinking Physics. I then tried it with OM + Patch alone and same thing...

Anyone else get this?
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-09, 09:33 PM   #1320
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbury View Post
I am having a problem with OpsMonsun where a day or two into my patrol I will get a sudden report of my Radio Room Bulkhead being destroyed. No combat, just traveling to patrol zones. This has happened about 5 times with both the IIB and VIIB.

I am of course running 1.5 and when it first happened I had OM + Patch first in JSGME, then a few graphics mods and Natural Sinking Physics. I then tried it with OM + Patch alone and same thing...

Anyone else get this?

1. from the readme on the first post of this thread

WARNING

I do not look at “very possible” mod that is out there. If you load a mod up, after RSRDC or OM and JSGME generates a “conflict” warning and you go ahead and loaded it anyway and RSRDC / OM no longer works correctly, “It is NOT my problem”, so don’t ask me to fix it, because I won’t.

WARNING

---------------------------------------------------

2. Also from the first post of this thread:

DO NOT install NSM4 with OM.; it will break the “ship damage model”

Natural Sinking Physics is NSM4

-------------------------------------------------

3. What date / what location did this happen

I am having a problem with OpsMonsun where a day or two into my patrol I will get a sudden report of my Radio Room Bulkhead being destroyed.