Old 03-16-20, 10:21 AM   #1291
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Something like 368 deaths in Italy in the last 24 hours

https://www.bing.com/search?q=italy+...d64147f31afbbe

Quote:
As of 13 March, among nations with at least one million citizens, Italy has the world's highest per capita rate of positive coronavirus cases at 250.0 cases per million people, having more confirmed cases than all of mainland China outside Hubei province.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 10:28 AM   #1292
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraznyi_oktjabr View Post
LIVE: Finland activates emergency laws. Borders will be closed, etc. (now in clause 17 and still continues)
They went nuclear.

Quick list:
  • Early education will continue to keep people working.
  • Schools will otherwise stop contact teaching, except for young children (1st to 3rd grades) of critical personnel.
  • Matriculation exams will be done in compressed schedule
  • It is recommended to avoid staying in public places. Assemblies over ten people are banned.
  • A whole lot of public stuff will close and private sector is recommended to follow in suit
  • No visiting the elderly or hospitals, except for critically ill or the spouse of someone giving birth.
  • Public sector workers will work remotely if possible
  • People over 70 are to be quarantined, except for state leadership
  • Increase of resources for social & health services
  • Increase in testing capacity
  • For critical personnel, some legislation concerning work time is no longer in force
  • Social and healthcare and security sector trained workers may be ordered to work
  • Movement of people may be restricted
  • Borders will be closed as soon as possible, except for some working over western and northern borders and trade.
  • Two weeks of quarantine for returning people.
  • Finnish Defense Force to secure continuing of operations at all situations and prepare to support other officials.
EDIT: Better list via reddit.

Statement by President Niinistö (via Google Translate):
Quote:
Exception or standby are words that easily evoke a sense of fear from the background of history.

Better take words only as words. If the circumstances are clearly different from normal, we are in exceptional circumstances. If there is a need to prepare, we are on standby. The coronavirus has fundamentally changed our existence, it has been combated and we are preparing to fight it more.

Those words are also legal terms, but that doesn't make them any more dramatic. If exceptional circumstances are identified and if more powers are needed, they should be introduced.

The whole world is in an emergency. No one can judge the outcome, but we can already see that the effects are profound and lasting.

Our daily lives will inevitably change and we will face a reality where our thoughts and actions are dominated by health, livelihood and caring.

The concern is immediately and clearly understood by one's immediate circle. But in the end, it's not just that. But of all.

We need each other. It is now particularly important to support those whose work is customer service, from healthcare to store staff. The customer is still the king, but now he is concerned about the continuity of the service and taking it into consideration when doing business.

The public sector concentrates resources on protecting the weakest. Others still have a lot to do. Seen examples of neighborly help are encouraging.

The financial consequences of the first phase are particularly on companies in the service sector. Serious losses will occur to others, and the burden will have to be balanced.

A week ago, I wrote: We will endure this. We will.

Last edited by Dowly; 03-16-20 at 11:01 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 12:18 PM   #1293
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said everyone in the UK should now avoid "non-essential" travel and contact with others and to fight coronavirus.

He said people should work from home and avoid pubs, club, theatres where possible, as part of a range of stringent new measures.

Anyone in the same house as someone who has a cough or fever will also have to isolate for 14 days, he said.

All elderly and vulnerable people must also begin self-isolating within days.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51917562

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 12:55 PM   #1294
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Old habits its hard to come by.

Earlier today I was in my neighbour town to do my weekly shopping.

There wasn't so many in the store. Around half of what it use to be during that time period.
(see if I can put down in words what I experience and that old habits is hard to come by)

When I stood in the queue, I was number 4. I stood about 1-1½ meter from the person in front of me and a little to the side due to the person behind me. This has absolutely nothing to do with this Corona. It's me as a person, my personal sphere is more than a meter.

The persons who stood in front of me was standing around 1 meters apart.
Person number two started to put her things on the black transport-thing.
She had barely finished placing her thing on this black-thing when the woman in front of me toke two step forward and stood extremely close to the other woman and started to place her thing right behind person two's thing.

This made me smile and shake my head..despite our politicians and our authorities effort to tell us to keep distance to each other...it is situation where old habits....

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 01:08 PM   #1295
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
This symptom is being described so often in Italy that already days ago some of their hospitals have reported that they have run out of oxygene.

Imagine that. A hospital having no more oxygene.

Honestly said I think the health systems everywhere will completely collapse. Some earlier than others, but they will be all overwhelmed in the end. And that is when the real big numbers dying begins.

Yes, and we saw it coming. I truly hope all Subsim members can avoid going out as much as possible. It will help them, it well help their neighbors, and it will help the hospitals and medical professionals.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 01:13 PM   #1296
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Canada to bar entry to all travellers who are not citizens or permanent residents

It was innevitable.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cbs...irus-1.5498866

Quote:
Canada is barring entry to all travellers who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced today.

There will be exceptions for air crew, diplomats, immediate family members of citizens and, "at this time," U.S. citizens, Trudeau said.

The prime minister also said no one who is displaying symptoms will be permitted to board a flight to Canada, and that air operators will be required to complete a basic health assessment of every passenger based on guidelines from the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Quote:
All travellers seeking entry into Canada will have to answer the health screening questions and CBSA officers will be on the lookout for visible signs of illness. They will refer any traveller who they suspect of being ill, regardless of how the traveller answered the health screening question, to public health authorities for further evaluation.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 01:14 PM   #1297
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The first human trial of a vaccine to protect against pandemic coronavirus is starting in the US later on Monday, according to reports.

A group of 45 healthy volunteers will have the jab, at the Kaiser Permanente research facility, in Seattle.

The vaccine cannot cause Covid-19 but contains a harmless genetic code copied from the virus that causes the disease.

Experts say it will still take many months to know if this vaccine, or others also in research, will work.

Scientists around the world are fast-tracking research.

And this first human trial, funded by the National Institutes of Health, sidesteps a check that would normally be conducted - making sure the vaccine can trigger an immune response in animals.

But the biotechnology company behind the work, Moderna Therapeutics, says the vaccine has been made using a tried and tested process.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51906604

Old 03-16-20, 01:22 PM   #1298
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Old 03-16-20, 01:29 PM   #1299
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 01:47 PM   #1300
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 01:59 PM   #1301
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-16-20, 02:37 PM   #1302
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I counted today (yes, different to opposing rumours I can count, its the keyboard hacking i have a quarrel with ...), and what I coutned were ambulance sirens.

Usually, i hear one every two or three days. At max, so it maybe is even less.

Today I heard eleven, and that was just the daylight hours.

The medics definitely are all over the place.
Old 03-16-20, 02:57 PM   #1303
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-20, 03:18 PM   #1304
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I counted today (yes, different to opposing rumours I can count, its the keyboard hacking i have a quarrel with ...), and what I coutned were ambulance sirens.

Usually, i hear one every two or three days. At max, so it maybe is even less.

Today I heard eleven, and that was just the daylight hours.

The medics definitely are all over the place.
I think the noticeable cease in other activities causes less background noise in the city so it's easier to hear them from a bigger distance, at least here. There are sure many more ambulance services, though with the little to none traffic I doubt much they have a special need to put the siren on, plus unlike heart strokes or accidents, coronavirus patients are not *usually* in a death or life situation during the trip that requires them to rush through the city.

As in wartime situation, industry takes some time to respond and start pumping out equipment (ventilators, oxygen, etc) in big numbers, but what worries me is that once a fabric is at full speed you can maybe produce ventilators by the thousands every hour, but who is qualified to operate them? Sanitary personnel (nurses, medics) is not something you train overnight exactly ...

But we will see. It is true the pandemic is shaping up to be long and hard, but one should not ignore the industrial capacity the modern western countries have. What causes so many deaths is partly us falling below the level the health system can cope with (Not huge to start with) but on a mid to long term and with a war-like economic turn it will be increased, hospital facilities built, ventilators produced and, at some point a vaccine will appear. Sadly it will be too late for many
Old 03-16-20, 03:31 PM   #1305
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I think the noticeable cease in other activities causes less background noise in the city so it's easier to hear them from a bigger distance, at least here. There are sure many more ambulance services, though with the little to none traffic I doubt much they have a special need to put the siren on, plus unlike heart strokes or accidents, coronavirus patients are not *usually* in a death or life situation during the trip that requires them to rush through the city.

As in wartime situation, industry takes some time to respond and start pumping out equipment (ventilators, oxygen, etc) in big numbers, but what worries me is that once a fabric is at full speed you can maybe produce ventilators by the thousands every hour, but who is qualified to operate them? Sanitary personnel (nurses, medics) is not something you train overnight exactly ...

But we will see. It is true the pandemic is shaping up to be long and hard, but one should not ignore the industrial capacity the modern western countries have. What causes so many deaths is partly us falling below the level the health system can cope with (Not huge to start with) but on a mid to long term and with a war-like economic turn it will be increased, hospital facilities built, ventilators produced and, at some point a vaccine will appear. Sadly it will be too late for many
Notiocable cease in activities? Not here. Germans sitll behave and act as if nothignn happened. And buy the shelves empty. Friday schools and kindergardne got shut down to prevent the kids form herding together. Sunday I see stupid mamas as close togetehr as possible at a playing zone in a green zone, and over a dozen of the kids crawlign over each other and breathign and sneezing into each other. These stupid mamas have not udnerstood a signle thing of what has happend all arpound us, nothing.

No, its deifnetly more sirens out there, the noise has not yet dropped so that one would note the difefrence. You notice that effect on sundays, because on Sundays this arch-Catholic town is as dead as a grave.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan