SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-03-09, 06:08 PM   #1216
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I did notice one thing that probably is causing the problem. I'm using vers 1.4 as don't have 1.5, n seems TM was made for 1.5. It works, but seems some options can't be turned back on. Odd, since they were disabled. I did find a cfg file that stored the game option settings but changing them had no effect.

If anyone can see any way around these 2 issues, it would make the game so much more enjoyable, n of course I'd deeply appreciate it.

It amazes me how deeply some of you get into the guts of this game. I've played many sub games over the years, but this is the first true decent sim I've seen n I love it.
Ah, ha! Issue solved. You have two solutions:
1). Download and install TMO 163 (I think). That's the last one that supports SH1.4 .

2). GOTO http://www.direct2drive.com . Take out your credit card and download SH1.5 update (Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions). [I think this is a link - It shows up BLUE on my screen]. Anyways, its only ten bucks, and you don't have to keep the disk in your CD drive to play the game. NEATO!

Totally agree that "this is the first true decent sim I've seen n I love it." TMO and RDRDC just make it B-E-T-T-E-R!

[EDIT added] That is a direct link to the 1.5 download.
Old 06-03-09, 07:27 PM   #1217
Florida Sailor
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Florida Sailor, no, I hadn't seen that, but again that seems to be for 1.5. If I can't solve this some way, well I guess I'm doomed to stock game with few candy mods Was really looking forward to harder AI, was my one big complaint with the stock, as well as the (drive you up the wall) repeat missions.
There are two versions. One for 1.4 and one for 1.5. Both put the boxes and tails back.
Florida Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 02:55 PM   #1218
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187

Thankyou both... I'll look at getting 1.5, does seem a better solution
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 09:35 PM   #1219
Avenger44
Swabbie

Downloads: 129

Need some help! I'm running TMO 1.7 + RSRDC v411. My boat (S-Class)was rebased to Dutch Harbor in late 42. When I start the next patrol I can't move.. it comes up with "Cannot Comply" Any Ideas? I have a full crew.
Avenger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 10:53 PM   #1220
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Try posting in the RSRD thread. Don't think it's TMO. That usually sounds like the no engine bug. Also check and make sure you have all the latest patches for both mods.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-09, 06:01 AM   #1221
Avenger44
Swabbie

Downloads: 129

Alrighty I'll try there. thanks for your help I do have the latest patches for both the mods.
Avenger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 03:59 PM   #1222
Roger Dodger
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger44 View Post
Need some help! I'm running TMO 1.7 + RSRDC v411. My boat (S-Class)was rebased to Dutch Harbor in late 42. When I start the next patrol I can't move.. it comes up with "Cannot Comply" Any Ideas? I have a full crew.
I hadn't noticed that anyone else suggested this. Did you forget to take your crew off battle stations? Leaving them at stations too long will give you the same 'Cannot Comply' message - your speed drops to Zero, and you can't get a straight answer out of anybody. Happened to me a couple of times before I figured out what was happening.

Run Silent, Run Deep
Old 06-08-09, 03:17 AM   #1223
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30
Hi I've just started Silent hunter 4 after being away from sub sims since the original Silent Hunter when I came across this Mod.
I've installed the following:
1.) REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_1.7
2.) Hotfix 4/17 Radar Fix
3.) Binoc fix (CaptScurvy)
4.) Optional mod - RSRD By Lurker_hlb3.
But I am having trouble with getting a correct range estimate. When i drag the ghost image down to the top of the mast so as its touching the waterline of the ghost image I can see the dial turning and showing what appears to be the correct value, but when I click the LMB to set the value it changes to a smaller value (eg. I set the range to 1300yards ang when I click the mouse button it jumps down to 400yards) is there a reason for this? I end up having to create all my firing solution manually guessing and adjusting ranges.

I have tried setting the measurments in options to Imperal and Authentic (What is the difference between these?) with no luck.

Edit:

Ok think I found the answer http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126016
which has added
Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix Revisions/Editions as of March 26, 2009.

Should i be playing in Authentic or Imperial measurment settings?

Last edited by reaper7; 06-08-09 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Found answer
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 06:34 PM   #1224
Mr.O'Bannon
Watch

Downloads: 7

I really wanted to thank you for this mod. It has really brought my interest back into the sim. If you read this; thanks!
Mr.O'Bannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 12:05 PM   #1225
MC-Maxim
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Hello.

Is there chance to install Trigger M 1.7 without changes maded to sea textures and reflections ? I would like to leave sea like it`s in the stock game, but i would like to use all the improvements of TM.

Thanks,
Maxim.
MC-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 12:22 AM   #1226
SgtSabre
Seaman

Downloads: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi I've just started Silent hunter 4 after being away from sub sims since the original Silent Hunter when I came across this Mod.
I've installed the following:
1.) REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_1.7
2.) Hotfix 4/17 Radar Fix
3.) Binoc fix (CaptScurvy)
4.) Optional mod - RSRD By Lurker_hlb3.
But I am having trouble with getting a correct range estimate. When i drag the ghost image down to the top of the mast so as its touching the waterline of the ghost image I can see the dial turning and showing what appears to be the correct value, but when I click the LMB to set the value it changes to a smaller value (eg. I set the range to 1300yards ang when I click the mouse button it jumps down to 400yards) is there a reason for this? I end up having to create all my firing solution manually guessing and adjusting ranges.

I have tried setting the measurments in options to Imperal and Authentic (What is the difference between these?) with no luck.

Edit:

Ok think I found the answer http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126016
which has added
Ship_Centered_Accuracy_Fix Revisions/Editions as of March 26, 2009.

Should i be playing in Authentic or Imperial measurment settings?

Make sure you are using the correct reference point on the ship. In the stock game, all of the reference points are at the top of the ship's tallest mast. In TMO, many of them are on the stack. There should be a red mark in the recognition manual that shows where the proper reference point is.
SgtSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-09, 03:55 AM   #1227
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSabre View Post
Make sure you are using the correct reference point on the ship. In the stock game, all of the reference points are at the top of the ship's tallest mast. In TMO, many of them are on the stack. There should be a red mark in the recognition manual that shows where the proper reference point is.
Thanks Sabre, found that on another post alright.
Just wondering if I should be playing on Imperial measurment or Authentic Measurment, and what is the difference between the two.
Old 06-12-09, 04:45 AM   #1228
reaper7
sim2reality

Default Ship ID Recognation

Hi I downloaded the SH4_Japan_Recog_Manual_v3.1_IMP.pdf which is excellent for the stock game, but does this cover all the ships included with Trigger Maru Final 1.7.
I would like to create a new printable recognation manual to show the new ship target heights as in this mod.
Where can I find the bitmaps for the ingame ship ID's.
Old 06-12-09, 03:02 PM   #1229
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default no

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Hi I downloaded the SH4_Japan_Recog_Manual_v3.1_IMP.pdf which is excellent for the stock game, but does this cover all the ships included with Trigger Maru Final 1.7.
I would like to create a new printable recognation manual to show the new ship target heights as in this mod.
Where can I find the bitmaps for the ingame ship ID's.
I agree its a beautyfull manual. but its quite old, not all ship types are included in it.

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-09, 03:35 PM   #1230
sawacs
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default TM Torpedoe Issue

I have been playing the Trigger mod and the appearance mods are wonderful. However, the torpedo mods are not so great. Out of 6 torpedoes that have been fired, two have been duds and the rest have gone under the ships even though I set the depth on them to their shallowest which is 6 feet.

Things do not get much more frustrating than this.

Btw, is there a way to remove the dud function without removing TM? My busy schedule does not allow me to spend 3 hours on this game to have two duds.

What is the deal here?

Thanks, Sawacs