SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-11-24, 01:44 PM   #1171
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Approximately 2 year ago I unsubscribed from the mailing list and received a confirmation message. I wish I'd kept that message now.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-24, 03:46 AM   #1172
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 0

Keir Starmer under pressure over soft treatment of Labour's Gaza conspiracy theorist Rochdale election candidate as party faces calls to suspend Azhar Ali before he is even elected

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Azhar-Ali.html

Starmer and the Hamas supporter eh, I couldn't ever vote for these two Twonks, that Rochdale currant is a prime candidate for a rope twerk and over half of the current Labour MPs would be lined up behind him.
Old 02-12-24, 08:15 AM   #1173
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Starmer finds himself caught between a rock and a hard place but I doubt Sunak would have acted any differently.

Old 02-13-24, 11:47 AM   #1174
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Better late than never I suppose.

Quote:
Rochdale by-election: Starmer insists he was decisive over Azhar Ali

Sir Keir Starmer has insisted he took "decisive action" over comments made by Rochdale by-election candidate Azhar Ali about Israel and Jewish people.

Labour has been criticised for initially standing by Mr Ali after it emerged he claimed Israel had "allowed" the 7 October attacks by Hamas.

On Monday the party said it was withdrawing support for him after further remarks came to light.

The Labour leader said this was a "tough" but "necessary" decision.

Speaking on a visit to Wellingborough, Sir Keir said: "Further information came to light yesterday calling for decisive action, so I took decisive action.

"It is a huge thing to withdraw support for a Labour candidate during the course of a by-election."

He added: "But when I say the Labour Party has changed under my leadership I mean it."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68284227

Old 02-14-24, 05:59 AM   #1175
Moonlight
Admiral

Labour's poll lead over the Tories falls by seven points in a fortnight amid rows over Rochdale anti-Semitism and Keir Starmer's U-turn on £28billion annual green spending

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-meeting.html

The Labour Party has changed under Starmer, so he says, no it hasn't, they're still the same Anti Semites they've always been and, he's got an even bigger problem with Anti Semitism within his Local Councils, they're rife with them, good luck sorting those out you Plonker.
Anti Semitism is a disease that's running right through his party from top to bottom, if the idiot asked the electorate for some examples he'd know that its been going on for 20 years or more.

Would I vote for one of these Labour Councillors or MPs, definitely Not.
Old 02-14-24, 10:33 AM   #1176
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I think you'll find that anti semitism is a problem worldwide and not just the Labour Party.

In the meantime I received my tax notice for next year from HMRC this morning and it appears I'm moving up a band into the 40%

No doubt hurried along by the fact the Tories have frozen the tax free earnings allowance for the past six years.

Old 02-14-24, 01:10 PM   #1177
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

18 Cabinet ministers on course to lose seats in Tory election wipeout

Quote:
Top Tories Grant Shapps, Penny Mordaunt and Gillian Keegan face being ousted in an electoral wipeout, a mega-poll has found.

A whopping 18 Cabinet ministers are set to lose their seats as the Conservatives could go down to as few as 80 MPs. The bombshell survey of 18,000 people forecasts that Rishi Sunak is on course to lead the party to its worst result in history.

The poll by Find Out Now and Electoral Calculus suggests Cabinet casualties would include Jeremy Hunt, Mel Stride, Claire Coutinho, Victoria Pentis, John Glen, Johnny Mercer and Simon Hart.

Current ministers who are likely to keep their seats - and might contest the next Conservative leadership contest - are James Cleverly, Kemi Badenoch, Tom Tugendhat, and Michael Gove.
According to the poll, Keir Stamer is heading for a Labour landslide with an unprecedented majority of 254 seats. This would be an even bigger victory than Tony Blair’s historic win in 1997. According to the poll, Labour has 42% support giving it a 20 point lead over the Conservatives on 22%.

Over the past three weeks, the pollsters surveyed 18,151 people - which is nine times as many as a typical poll. The MRP (multi-level regression and post-stratification) method - that successfully forecast the 2017 and 2019 elections - was then used to project what this would mean in individual constituencies.

The results suggest Labour is set to pick up 452 seats. The Tories would lose 285 of the 265 seats they got in 2019, leaving them with just 80. The Lib Dems are on course for a comeback that would see them go back up to 53 seats. The SNP are forecast to slump slightly to 40 seats, while the Greens would get two.

Martin Baxter, founder of Electoral Calculus, said: "The public seem even more disenchanted with the Conservatives under Rishi Sunak than they were with John Major in 1997. A Labour landslide looks increasingly likely, and Labour voters want nationalisation, increased public spending and higher taxes. The next election could have a seismic impact on British politics as the recent Conservative era crashes to a close."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...71c18e54&ei=54

Old 02-14-24, 02:40 PM   #1178
Moonlight
Admiral

^If that happens it will serve them right, all I've seen since 2010 are a set of useless currants who couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Meanwhile the Tories move from one **** up to another.

Home Office pays to rent out 16,000 properties to asylum seekers despite housing shortage for Brits as officials fear move could create 'ghettos'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-ghettos.html

Its time to take some decisive action with these Illegal Migrants, give them a last meal and a cuppa and send them packing in those small boats that they came here in. They're not our problem they're the EUs problem, let them sort the Scrounging Bastards out, they paid to get themselves over here and they can think themselves lucky that we're not charging them to go back to the EU.

I should be in charge of Legal and Illegal Migration, I'd clear everyone out of the UK who's been here since the Tories won the 2010 General Election and, I'd do it in less than one Parliament and with no exceptions.
Bye, Bye and **** Off.
Old 02-15-24, 05:34 AM   #1179
Moonlight
Admiral

Rishi Sunak faces double by-election disaster TODAY as nervous Tories brace for defeat in Kingswood and Wellingborough despite Keir Starmer's Gaza chaos

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...za-Labour.html

Two by-elections today, in the larger scheme of things they mean absolutely Nothing but, for the government they mean everything, this is the electorates chance to give a Yes or a No to the current governments policies and its not looking good for the incumbent party.

Will Labour win them?, Yes they should do. Will they increase their share of the vote?, probably, but not by much.
Will the Tory voters turn up, No, they'll stay away in droves and let the Tories know how unhappy they are at their weak governance.
How will the other parties do?, just like they have in the past I expect, nothing will stop the two behemoth's from being First and Second.

The Tories are going to have a bad day again and more rumblings of discontent will be heard in the corridors of power but, that's been going on for some time now.
The Labour parties policies are starting to unravel but. not enough to snatch defeat from victory.

2-0 to the Labour Party.
Old 02-15-24, 09:42 AM   #1180
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, the inevitable has happened and the sad thing is nobody is surprised.

Rishi can put any spin on it he likes but he can't deny the Tories have been in power for fourteen years now.

Oh and nobaody ask him how many illegals have been forced to leave the country.
Quote:
The UK fell into recession in the second half of 2023, new figures show - we're answering your questions live.

GDP shrank by 0.3% in the last quarter of the year, following a fall of 0.1% in the previous three-month period.

Despite GDP falling in successive quarters, it did grow by 0.1% across the whole of 2023, the data shows.

GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is an important tool for judging how well an economy's doing.

One of PM Rishi Sunak's five pledges for last year was to "grow the economy"

But Chancellor Jeremy Hunt tells the BBC that when the commitment was made, Sunak was "very clear, tackling inflation had to come first"

Labour say Sunak "can no longer credibly claim his plan is working" and, with the Lib Dems, dubbed this "Rishi Sunak's recession"

Old 02-16-24, 02:56 PM   #1181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tory gloom deepens after double poll blow

Quote:
So, another two whopping by-election victories for Labour.

What is most striking about the results in Wellingborough and Kingswood is that they feel almost unsurprising, despite the scale of Labour's wins.

Why? Because it extends the trend of Labour marching forward and Conservative gloom.

The results underline the current likelihood, if the mood of the electorate does not shift, of Labour winning the general election.

But Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer is going out of his way to avoid even the merest whiff of complacency.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68316527

Old 02-16-24, 04:17 PM   #1182
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

The Tories fear their support being siphoned away by Reform more than they fear Labour, by the looks of it.

If we have a repeat of the UKIP/Brexit Party effect, particularly if Farage throws his weight behind the campaign, it does have the potential to seriously damage the Tories where they're strongest, in England. If the Tories do a hard swing to the right in an effort to shore up their support in their English heartlands, it'll basically kill the Scottish Tories as an electoral force up here, at least in the short term.

Reform is unlikely to do as well in Scotland because the SNP, the Greens and Alba have the protest party banner wrapped up between them. Not sure about Wales.

Ultimately it would make Starmer's job much easier if the political right starts eating itself.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-24, 06:07 PM   #1183
Moonlight
Admiral

As it is the Tory Party cannot win the GE without changing tack, if they have to sacrifice the Scottish Tories to save the Tory home counties then that's what they'll do.
Sunak has to do something about those left leaning liberals who hide behind a Tory rosette, he needs to deselect them and replace them with candidates who support traditional Conservative policies and values or the Party could end up getting sliced and diced at the next GE.

The Labour Party needs to get their act together as well, they too cannot win the next GE on their own, they're going to need the LibDems and Reform to take votes from the Tories, I can see a hung Party looming and that isn't good for anyone.
Old 02-17-24, 06:57 AM   #1184
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"Fascinating." (Spock)
Old 02-17-24, 08:46 AM   #1185
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat