Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-23, 07:44 AM   #11386
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 219,170 people (+670 per day), 302 helicopters, 3,977 tanks, 3,834 artillery systems, 7,706 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 17.06.23 are approximately:

personnel - about 219170 (+670) people were liquidated,

tanks - 3977 (+12) units,

armoured combat vehicles - 7706 (+23) units,

artillery systems - 3834 (+22) units,

MLRS - 609 (+3) units,

air defence systems - 364 (+0) units,

aircraft - 314 (+0) units,

helicopters - 302 (+1) units,

UAVs of the operational and tactical level - 3364 (+7),

cruise missiles - 1211 (+12),

ships/boats - 18 (+0) units,

automotive equipment and tankers - 6557 (+38) units,

special equipment - 520 (+1). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3425255

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-17-23, 07:48 AM   #11387
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocet25fr View Post
Yes!, many upgraded russian Gator (Ka-52) choppers are involved in the battlefield again now...!
Probably just coincidence that the US just handed Ukraine a huge shipment of stingers in recent arms shipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 06-17-23, 08:17 AM   #11388
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
Probably just coincidence that the US just handed Ukraine a huge shipment of stingers in recent arms shipment.
The Stinger's range is effectively less than 5 km, that is not sufficient to keep away Gunships with 8 or even 15km firing range. You catch the occasional cheeky helicopter jockey who dares to stick his nose too far out. You don't scare away the helicopter lurking cautiously in the back spaces and tracks and fires from several kilometers beyond the Stinger's range. Further, the gunship gets recce support from drones, so finds it easier to find targets.

Thats why they call it Russian air superiority now.

The maximum effective range of the Gepard's cannons is 5000m and 3500 m altitude (Wikipedia). So they do not add to and beyond the Stinger'S capability. They are just very fast in reacting, and extremely precise.

Add to this the massive electronic signal suppression that was expected from the Russians from beginning on, but that they did not use in the first months of the war at all. They meanhwile seem to have remembered that they have this ability.
Old 06-17-23, 11:34 AM   #11389
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
“And if they are based abroad, but used in fighting we’ll see how to hit them, and where we can hit those means that are used against us in fighting,” Putin said.

“This is a serious danger of further drawing NATO into this military conflict,” he added.
https://edition.cnn.com/2023/06/17/e...hnk/index.html

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 06-17-23, 12:20 PM   #11390
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-17-23, 02:10 PM   #11391
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The main defense line, still 15–20 km from Ukrainian positions, has properly dug trenches and concrete-reinforced firing posts, tank obstacles, ground-laid cable to coordinate artillery strikes, and even more mines. Behind that are the reserve fighting positions of the third defense line. The fighting will likely get tougher. As Ukrainian forces penetrate deeper into the defenses, they will come into range of more Russian artillery firing posts. Moreover, their own artillery will be able to deliver fewer counterbattery missions, and the Ukrainian lines of advance will become more predictable, as they must follow the breaches identified in the minefields. As Ukrainian troops push forwards, they will also be covered by fewer air defenses, and will likely come under greater attack by the Russian Aerospace Forces and aviation.
Quote:
Success is binary, not linear. The line is either broken or it is not, and Kyiv must shape the battlefield to maximize the probability of a breach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 06-17-23, 03:48 PM   #11392
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 219,170 people (+670 per day), 302 helicopters, 3,977 tanks, 3,834 artillery systems, 7,706 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24.02.22 to 17.06.23 are approximately:

personnel - about 219170 (+670) people were liquidated,

tanks - 3977 (+12) units,

armoured combat vehicles - 7706 (+23) units,

artillery systems - 3834 (+22) units,

MLRS - 609 (+3) units,

air defence systems - 364 (+0) units,

aircraft - 314 (+0) units,

helicopters - 302 (+1) units,

UAVs of the operational and tactical level - 3364 (+7),

cruise missiles - 1211 (+12),

ships/boats - 18 (+0) units,

automotive equipment and tankers - 6557 (+38) units,

special equipment - 520 (+1). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3425255
R U including 'blunt-force trauma' from mysterious falls, suicides et al from hotel windows? Approximately 34 so far??!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 06-17-23, 04:30 PM   #11393
Skybird
Soaring

Ukrainian losses:
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...ukrainian.html

Russian losses:
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/0...equipment.html

On a sidenote, if you scroll down those lists quickly, you get suddenly a visual impression of the enormous dimension of this conflict. Mind you, those lists do not represent existing units, but destroyed units.
Old 06-17-23, 05:26 PM   #11394
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Girkin to Putin

“Girkin was quite prolific today and while I don't see the need to translate his mini-essay dedicated to how Putin is completely clueless regarding what's happening at the front, I feel the last 2 paragraphs are worth to be noted:

After your words, which I quoted, I once again became convinced that our affairs are bad if the Supreme Commander-in-Chief is absolutely not in control of the situation at the front. Another Supreme Commander-in-Chief - Joseph Vissarionovich Stalin came to mind. The Chief of the General Staff, General Antonov, personally reported to him daily on the situation on the the Great Patriotic War fronts with the obligatory display of it on the maps. Stalin knew this situation by heart.

I don't want to give you advice because it's obviously useless, but try to get a detailed map of the fighting in Ukraine on your office wall, where all the changes in the course of the fighting would be adjusted daily. It is advisable that you should be recording these changes personally after you hear the daily report from the current Chief of the General Staff, General Gerasimov, or even Minister of Defense Shoigu. Maybe then you will not be disgraced in front of the whole world by your ignorance of the situation at the front?”

https://twitter.com/NatalkaKyiv/stat...66152586043393

Funny how the whole world gives advice to VladPutin; i'd say better stop it and let him make his mistakes.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-18-23, 04:17 AM   #11395
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-18-23, 06:12 AM   #11396
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

According to British intelligence, Russia is suffering huge loses.

Ukraine is suffering too in their offensive but not as much as the Russian is.

For how long can Russia keep on losing 5-1000 men per day ?
Same goes for Ukraine(I haven't the figure on how many they lose per day)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 06-18-23, 07:00 AM   #11397
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

For how long can Russia keep on losing 5-1000 men per day ?
Same goes for Ukraine(I haven't the figure on how many they lose per day)

Markus
The real important question is who can replace his losses. Russia can afford disproportional losses, Ukraine cannot. Russia's potential reserves in men and material, are practically unlimited, and their care for their soldiers is nill and zero.

Ukriane needs a reakjthrouzgh at one locaiton, but that must be substantial, breakign all three defence lines. They must get it quite quuickly, else their offensive will stall down soon. The fast success is relevant becasue it woudl allow them to roll up Russian lines from behind. If they do nto get that oppruitnity, then they have practically no cnhance, you will get a frontlihne that moves a bit back and forth instead and then freezes. Stationary WW1-style warfare decisively favours the Russians, the Ukrainains must enforce a more open and mobile warfare. And this with inferior forces... Their challenge is biblical.

A word on the losses listed by the Orynx portal. Note that their lists are not and cannot be complete, even if almost everybody quotes them as being the best loss estamations there are. They only list those losses that they were able to verify by video and photo and beyond doubt. But it would be foolish to assume that all losses can get documented this way during a runnign war and fighting at such intensity levels as we see in Ukriane. So the lists by Oryx imho represent a minimum of losses only. The real numbers are higher, I am sure.
Old 06-18-23, 07:09 AM   #11398
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Can't say I was overly shocked when I came across this article in the Express

Quote:
Drunk Russian troops 'using pocket knives to castrate Ukrainian prisoners of war' https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...Ukrainian-POWs

Old 06-18-23, 07:31 AM   #11399
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-18-23, 08:59 AM   #11400
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread