Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-23, 07:29 AM   #11341
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Russia claims to have captured several Bradleys and Leopards near Saporischschja, and showed a video on Telegram. The claims and film are not verified, its unclear whether the claims are true or the video shows tanks destroyed and shown in old footage.

Study material for engineers in Russia, if true. I hate it. Leopard 2 A6 and A7 are the most modern tank technology.
Old 06-13-23, 08:05 AM   #11342
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Unfortunately this is the risk you run when supplying weapons.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-13-23, 08:14 AM   #11343
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Vladimir Putin has reportedly lost a top Russian military leader who has been killed in a missile attack while leading troops in southern Ukraine. Major General Sergei Goryachev, who held the position of chief of staff for the 35th Combined Arms Army is said to have died on June 12 during intense fighting in the "Vremivka Ledge" area in southern Donetsk, where Ukraine has successfully regained control of four villages as part of their counter-offensive.

Russia's Defence Ministry released video footage on Tuesday of what it said were German-made Leopard tanks and U.S.-made Bradley Fighting Vehicles captured by Russian forces in a fierce battle with Ukrainian troops.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...014985a9&ei=16

Old 06-13-23, 12:29 PM   #11344
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

When I read some of the comments here I feel sad.
When I read some of the Status on Twitter I feel happy.

I hope it is the latter who is more correctly.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 06-13-23, 01:13 PM   #11345
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-13-23, 02:31 PM   #11346
Skybird
Soaring

Latest news detail from the Nord Stream 2 investigations:

According to a joint investigation by ARD, SWR (both German state TV), "Die Zeit" and the Dutch broadcaster NOS, the Dutch military intelligence service MIVD allegedly received information in June from an anonymous source in Ukraine about an "imminent attack" on Nord Stream. It said that the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, General Valery Zaluzhny, was planning an operation against Nord Stream with a small team of divers on a sailboat, to take place in mid-June 2022.

Dutch intelligence allegedly passed the information to the U.S., which contacted Ukraine through the CIA to warn it and advise dit jot to conduct such an attack, the report say.

I start to wonder if the hestations shown by the Germans and Americans to send tanks maybe are a result of knowing about this attack. The pipelines are not an exclusive Russian or German property, but companies from Russia, Germany, the Netherlands and maybe a few more players I do not now of, are invested with 17+ billions for both Nord Stream 1 and 2.

I stay unforgiving on this issue, such an attack on the financial investment of a nation one demands to help oneself, is a total no-go. If this story gets proven to be true, Germany should immediately withdraw from any further aid and assistance. The former ambassador to Germany Melnyk just two or three days ago yelled again at Germany and demanded it to send "several times as many Leopard-2" as German already had sent.
Old 06-13-23, 03:50 PM   #11347
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Latest news detail from the Nord Stream 2 investigations:

According to a joint investigation by ARD, SWR (both German state TV), "Die Zeit" and the Dutch broadcaster NOS, the Dutch military intelligence service MIVD allegedly received information in June from an anonymous source in Ukraine about an "imminent attack" on Nord Stream. It said that the commander-in-chief of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, General Valery Zaluzhny, was planning an operation against Nord Stream with a small team of divers on a sailboat, to take place in mid-June 2022.

Dutch intelligence allegedly passed the information to the U.S., which contacted Ukraine through the CIA to warn it and advise dit jot to conduct such an attack, the report say.

I start to wonder if the hestations shown by the Germans and Americans to send tanks maybe are a result of knowing about this attack. The pipelines are not an exclusive Russian or German property, but companies from Russia, Germany, the Netherlands and maybe a few more players I do not now of, are invested with 17+ billions for both Nord Stream 1 and 2.

I stay unforgiving on this issue, such an attack on the financial investment of a nation one demands to help oneself, is a total no-go. If this story gets proven to be true, Germany should immediately withdraw from any further aid and assistance. The former ambassador to Germany Melnyk just two or three days ago yelled again at Germany and demanded it to send "several times as many Leopard-2" as German already had sent.
Notable is the role of the Dutch MIVD, which thus managed to gather detailed information about the intention to blow up the pipeline at an early stage. What exactly the MIVD's role was remains unclear, as the service does not want to comment. According to insiders, it cannot be otherwise than that Defense Minister Ollongren, and probably also Prime Minister Rutte and Foreign Affairs Minister Hoekstra, were informed by the MIVD about its own findings and informing the Americans. However, intelligence sources do report that there is still no complete certainty and several options are being considered. The MIVD is still investigating the facts.

A small circle at the top of political The Hague has thus been aware of the grave suspicions against Ukraine for a year. The cabinet would not comment on the substance of further questions on the issue. In March, when the possible involvement of Ukraine came up, Minister Ollongren stressed that the support given to that country by the Netherlands and Europe was separate from the question whether Ukraine was involved in blowing up Nord Stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 06-14-23, 05:03 AM   #11348
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-14-23, 05:23 AM   #11349
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-14-23, 06:36 AM   #11350
Skybird
Soaring

An overview on what has been delivered and is planned to be delivered in the forseeable future.

https://www-faz-net.translate.goog/a..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Very contradictory feedback on the losses in Leopards and Bradleys, I am confused. Following some news, they have lost 7-8 Leo2A6 plus severla Leo 2A4, followign other reports or Orxx they have lost or abandoned "only" 5 Leopards alltogether, A6 and A4. Have 15 Bradleys been given up/destroyed? Or 7? or 31?

Fog of war. I was basing so far on the more grim scenarios, but maybe these counts of losses were exagerrated. Hard to say. Or better: impossible to say.

What currently happens I still see as probing and testing. No main drive has taken place anywhere so far, the heavy attack brigades seem to be still not involved. The breaching of Russian defence lines I assume to be not decisive since this is just the first, and weakest defence line that is meant to delay, not to stop at all cost the attacker. Many of the reported freed villages are a single lonely road with a couple of huts and small houses lined up alongside of it, that are no decisive gains or strategically relevant objectives. The Russians say from their POV they all lay in a grey zone between both sides' frontlines anyway, Niemandsland. Reports say that where the Ukrainians slammed into Russian defences, the fights were heavy and bitter, and Ukrainian losses seem to be higher than expected and advances not as fast as wanted, Russian resistence often is stiffer than expected. Well, the Russians had 9 months to dug themselves in. Their biggest enemy is low ammo and low morale. The deeper the ukrainians push into the defence zone of the Russians, the heavier and more competent the Russian resistence will become. They have their best and most experienced fighters in the third line, not in the first two, most analysts say. The first two lines are manned with cannon fodder only, to delay the advance and to cause some losses on the ukrainians before dying themselves.

The "euphory" that there was in the beginning of the war, that the ukrainian army had adapted in the time before the war to Westenr military dogmatic standards, combined arms concepts and getting rid of Sovjet training doctrine, has become much more silent now. Most of the troops that by leadership doctrine were "Westernized" by Salushnyi in the 1-2 years befor the war broke out, have been killed or wounded, are not participating in the war anymore, and the new troops trained in the West melt into a much bigger army of now again more Sovjet-run command-drill, so that now more Ukrainian army units seem to be led according to Sovjet training again than in the early stage of the war. It remains to be seen to what degree this "re-sovjetization" negatively affects the needed combined arms warfare the Ukrainians need to conduct if they want to really benefit from the Western material, or if the minority of Western-trained troops can elevate the general level of quality of the whole army. The good news is that the Russians struggle with this combined arms concept, too. Also, it seems the vast majority of Western-trained troops are now in the brigades set up for the attack, which are about 50,000 in total - they were not put into the 200,000 troops sitting in the trenches along the front and just holding it.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-14-23 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-14-23, 08:11 AM   #11351
Skybird
Soaring

The chief of Ukrainian ground forces:

https://www.economist.com/the-econom...-ground-forces
Old 06-14-23, 08:12 AM   #11352
Skybird
Soaring

Sometimes the Russians even outdo themselves in lying.

https://www-fr-de.translate.goog/pol..._x_tr_pto=wapp
Old 06-14-23, 08:37 AM   #11353
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-14-23, 08:41 AM   #11354
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/TidhdiceGb4

Old 06-14-23, 12:04 PM   #11355
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread