SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-04-12, 08:40 PM   #1111
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekmek View Post
Great work!

Work with other type of GR2 files: later version
What Game files are you looking to work with anyway?

There are many ways to screw with a GR2 file.
Compressing them with RAD's built in compression,
or createing a custom GR2 format, of which the sky is not a limit to do!

I know the compression used in several Games.
I also know how many are arranged as sections are mobile if so wished.

Granny is a 'bee-atch' if the Game producer wants Her to be!!
Old 04-04-12, 08:48 PM   #1112
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Nice work!

TDW, two quick questions!

1. Can I change items ID number with the editor? Would be really useful.
2. Can I delete entries with the editor?

Thanks
It is strictly 3D currently. I have to figure out how to convert name to UInt64 first before I can even think about doing anything like that.

What entries are you wanting to delete?
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-12, 12:18 AM   #1113
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Hi!

I'm trying to build a new "shipname"_FX.GR2 file in GR2 format. I know that it might be possible at this moment. Every SH 5 ship has a also _FX.GR2 file (the .lst file points to it) and when you open ships GR2 file in Goblin editor, it loads automaticly the _FX file too. The _FX file only has few dummy bones so it's a really simple file. I can build it in .dat format, but it seems that the game doesn't regocnice it.

All this is to get SH 5 damage effects (fire, explosions, sparks) to imported ships. Currently I can get them already to appear, but they are on all the time (they activate when game starts!).

EDIT: The _FX file has to have same ID than the main bone, so one way could be just to open the basic ship GR2 file and delete all the unneccessary entries and then add the Dummy bones. Save it as "shipname"_FX and it should work.

Last edited by Rongel; 04-05-12 at 12:40 AM.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-12, 12:06 PM   #1114
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Been working on figuring out why the TRA7A room was never loaded when LNK@ enabled. The problem was because I forgot about the lnx files. Now the app reads the lnx files so it knows what gets linked to what. The lnx files threw me for a loop also because the current way I was rendering LNK@ files was incorrect. I had to figure out the correct way (it involves the bone the LNK@ is tied to). I noticed this incorrect rendering when looking at NSS_Uboat7a in Goblin. The room placements were not in the same places as Goblin showed. Now that I'm rendering them correctly what Goblin shows and what the app shows are the same.
Also figured out why the main unit's (i.e. NSS_Uboat7a) waypoints were never loaded. I was never reading them

Now the app finally renders a full sub with all it's rooms and waypoints (I disabled the hull mesh so the rooms can be seen):

Old 04-07-12, 04:46 AM   #1115
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3

In-credible!
Old 04-07-12, 08:33 AM   #1116
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Can you tell me please where to download GR2EditorViewer_v_1_1_150_1.zip ?

Last edited by tonschk; 04-07-12 at 08:43 AM.
tonschk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 01:04 PM   #1117
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
Can you tell me please where to download GR2EditorViewer_v_1_1_150_1.zip ?
Hasn't been released as test version yet. Still working on the next test version (lots of things added/changed/fixed) Currently at v1.1.152.1 and I see that version number increasing before the next test version is released

Mainly concentrating on rendering fixes and waypoints in this next test version
Old 04-07-12, 02:19 PM   #1118
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Just found a big bug dealing with waypoints in the current version. I was comparing waypoints rendered with the app to those in Granny Viewer. I noticed that some edges were not being rendered in mine. This got me digging into the code to see what I screwed up. Sure enough I made a big mistake Effectively what I was doing was not generating a list of end points for a start point. I would only save the last end point found for a start point. I'm correcting the problem now
Old 04-07-12, 03:07 PM   #1119
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

It was really annoying me when I would load the entire sub and it's waypoints and the app was telling me that a crap load of waypoints had problems (either missing start point or end point). Furthermore I found it oddly suspicious that the waypoints were mostly one-ways. I looked at the waypoint_edges files and saw that my app had a huge problem with waypoints. Problem now corrected:

Old 04-07-12, 03:49 PM   #1120
Vanilla
Lieutenant

Downloads: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
It was really annoying me when I would load the entire sub and it's waypoints and the app was telling me that a crap load of waypoints had problems (either missing start point or end point). Furthermore I found it oddly suspicious that the waypoints were mostly one-ways. I looked at the waypoint_edges files and saw that my app had a huge problem with waypoints. Problem now corrected:

Aha! I've suspected that there is something not right with one- two-ways waypoints determination. Great, you've solved it!
Vanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 04:17 PM   #1121
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Aha! I've suspected that there is something not right with one- two-ways waypoints determination. Great, you've solved it!
It helps if I use my own app I was converting my original mod of real u-boat crew from using clones of GR2 files to using just one GR2 file and these problems popped up and I noticed that almost all the waypoints were one-ways and I know for a fact I had them as two-ways in the files. This caused me to dig around in my code to see what I did wrong

Once I finish up the waypoints part I'll release a new test version. I'm basically adding the waypoints part of Goblin to the app plus some other things that Goblin is missing in regards to waypoints
Old 04-07-12, 04:19 PM   #1122
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

I love seeing this thread get updated, even though I don't understand all of it. Thank you for your continued efforts, TDW!
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 04:37 PM   #1123
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
I love seeing this thread get updated, even though I don't understand all of it. Thank you for your continued efforts, TDW!
Whatever you don't understand just ask The more people using the app and experimenting with it the better it will end up being because there's more chances for finding bugs and more input from you all as to what you would like added/removed/changed.
Old 04-07-12, 05:10 PM   #1124
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

What are the GR2 files in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\manip ?
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-12, 05:14 PM   #1125
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
What are the GR2 files in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\data\manip ?
No idea. Tried opening them but it appears the files are corrupted. I'll have to invoke some special features of the app so I can see these datatype definitions and see if it really is corrupt or not