Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-23, 09:59 AM   #10846
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

And of course now when I need this twitter status, I can't find it anymore.

Someone had shared an "important news" from some other where it claimed that Russia would nuke Ukraine in 1½ hours from now-This was 3-4 hours ago.

I should have posted a comment-Stop spreading fake news, Russia will NOT use nukes in Ukraine.

(So says my personal belief)

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-04-23, 10:11 AM   #10847
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

I suspect that the Ukrainian offensive has already begun, it has crept in, so to speak. The series of drone attacks and artillery strikes on logistic nodes in the occupied territories and in the area near the Russian border undoubtedly serve that purpose, to paralyze, demobilize and hold down the defenders of the Russian positions. Reserves the Russians hold back also will get affected by degrading mobility options, so they cannot react as planned. Ground attacks will occur only in the final phase of the offensive, although this final phase will be the longest lasting. Small attacks along the front line will probe the strength of the Russian positions in order to identify two or three particular weak points and then break through with all their force right there. If this succeeds, it would not look good for the Russian defenders on the left and right of such a breakthrough point, because they would get run around and then be attacked and broken up in their positions from the rear, as was seen in the 1991 Gulf War. For the Russians their own long trenches can become a grave.

If we do not experience massive air strikes and missile fire from the Russians in these hotspots, we know that their reserves are so depleted that they cannot muster these resources. For where, if not here, should the Russians play a remaining military trump card, if not at these points of the front, where the breakthrough is threatening...?

Whether the quantitative strength of the Ukrainians is sufficient to make major gains in terrain or to put forward a prolonged offensive remains to be seen, but I am scapotic. Their casualties were already high for their capabilities, and if the Russians are even semi-competent, the Ukrians will suffer even higher casualty rates now than they did before Kherson and Kharkiv.

I wish them good luck, and I hope I am completely wrong - but I am skeptical. The Ukrainians simply do not have as much material and ammunition as they need.

The drone fake attack staged on the Kremlin could be an attempt to pave the way for an argument to use nukes.
Old 05-04-23, 12:10 PM   #10848
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I suspect that the Ukrainian offensive has already begun, it has crept in, so to speak. The series of drone attacks and artillery strikes on logistic nodes in the occupied territories and in the area near the Russian border undoubtedly serve that purpose, to paralyze, demobilize and hold down the defenders of the Russian positions. Reserves the Russians hold back also will get affected by degrading mobility options, so they cannot react as planned. Ground attacks will occur only in the final phase of the offensive, although this final phase will be the longest lasting. Small attacks along the front line will probe the strength of the Russian positions in order to identify two or three particular weak points and then break through with all their force right there. If this succeeds, it would not look good for the Russian defenders on the left and right of such a breakthrough point, because they would get run around and then be attacked and broken up in their positions from the rear, as was seen in the 1991 Gulf War. For the Russians their own long trenches can become a grave.

If we do not experience massive air strikes and missile fire from the Russians in these hotspots, we know that their reserves are so depleted that they cannot muster these resources. For where, if not here, should the Russians play a remaining military trump card, if not at these points of the front, where the breakthrough is threatening...?

Whether the quantitative strength of the Ukrainians is sufficient to make major gains in terrain or to put forward a prolonged offensive remains to be seen, but I am scapotic. Their casualties were already high for their capabilities, and if the Russians are even semi-competent, the Ukrians will suffer even higher casualty rates now than they did before Kherson and Kharkiv.

I wish them good luck, and I hope I am completely wrong - but I am skeptical. The Ukrainians simply do not have as much material and ammunition as they need.

The drone fake attack staged on the Kremlin could be an attempt to pave the way for an argument to use nukes.
Preparations for the Ukrainian spring offensive seem to have really started now, one after another Russian oil depot goes up in flames, foreshadowing the expected counteroffensive. An offensive always proceeds in several phases, that is, isolating the battlefield. That involves attacks in depth, targeting logistics depots to make supplying the battlefield more difficult. If you see what is happening now in the last few days, you may well get the impression that the Ukrainians are already working on that first phase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-04-23, 12:54 PM   #10849
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
It really stinks to the high heavens, while i have nothing against Ukraine retaliating (after all it was Russia that sent and still sends missiles to Kyyiv and even had a special corps sent to kill President Zelensky, so how can Russia protest?? ), i doubt it was a "third country".

I am quite sure it was done by Russia to be able to escalate once more, and have a cheap justification.
Like Skybird wrote, escalating from draft to martial law, to sending more missiles at Kyyiv, to threaten the US with retaliation (the NERVE).

Another possibility would be intern russian sabotage trying to undermine Putin's position. After all whatever you make of it this was not a sign of strength.
From being able to get a drone there, to the hasty explanation "it was done by a foreign state". How does strongman Putin think he is able to "protect Russia" with this happening.
Agreed

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-04-23, 01:13 PM   #10850
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-04-23, 03:33 PM   #10851
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Agreed
Same here. Someone, who had nothing to do with the drone , was able to spot it and film it. At night..

The drone explodes in a large fire ball directly above a Kremlin roof, yet leaves no damage. In the real world, that kind of munition is known as "fireworks". It makes a boom and has a pretty flash but it does no damage.

Also, recall how Putin rose to power in the first place. There were these terrorist bombings that might not have been terrorist bombings..

Old 05-05-23, 04:27 AM   #10852
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-23, 04:34 AM   #10853
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-23, 05:44 AM   #10854
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-05-23, 05:51 AM   #10855
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
How dare the Russian snatch away the Ukrainian flag, pity he didn't kicked "you know where!!"

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Old 05-05-23, 06:00 AM   #10856
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, they're trying to snatch away the country so the flag would fit in well.

Old 05-05-23, 10:44 AM   #10857
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Germany should take this as an example, and some others, too: Denmark now runs a national holiday for the lkast time ever. The holiday got cancelled by the government and this one-day of economic gain will be used to pay a boosting of the defence budget.
Old 05-05-23, 11:23 AM   #10858
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It is now being reported that Ukraine have intercepted a Russian hypersonic missile for the first time, possibly a Kh-47M2 Kinzhal missile, using the newly-acquired Patriot missile system.

Old 05-05-23, 11:36 AM   #10859
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Another report is stating that Denmark and Germany will jointly deliver 80 Leopard 1 tanks to Ukraine. They will be ready for use in June.

Old 05-05-23, 11:56 AM   #10860
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
How dare the Russian snatch away the Ukrainian flag, pity he didn't kicked "you know where!!"

The Uke got in at least one good shot.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Closed Thread