Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-23, 02:36 PM   #10816
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

EU wants to release €500 million for ammunition production for Ukraine

The European Union wants to provide more than €500 million to boost European ammunition production. This would allow EU countries to supply Ukraine with more ammunition and replenish their own stocks.

Earlier, the EU decided to make €1 billion available to supply Ukraine with shells, missiles and ammunition from EU stocks. There is also another plan to release 1 billion for the joint purchase of ammunition, although that plan has not yet been officially approved. The latest plan will also have to be approved by all EU member states and the European Parliament before it can be implemented.

According to the plan, presented by the European Commission on Wednesday, European arms manufacturers will receive subsidies for investments that will allow them to increase production of ammunition and missiles. 'The industry must now switch to war economy mode,' said European Commissioner Thierry Breton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 05-02-23, 02:38 PM   #10817
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Had a discussion with an online friend who questioning the number of Russian casualties.

Said to him, that the number is somehow correct and how we(the intelligence in west knows it)has to do with Russian bureaucracy.

Putin has forbidden Russian newspaper in reporting daily loses. However the newspaper are allowed to post how many wife, girlfriends, fiance a.s.o. get money for lost husband, boyfriend a.s.o.
(A Danish reporter said this in the beginning of the war)

This is how the Russian gets the information about daily loses.
More likely yesterdays loses.

This information is also available in the bureau of information in Kremlin.

I say that Putin is playing with fire at home..Sooner or later the Russians will have enough of this war.

Markus
The "all goes according to the plan" is getting harder to believe.

Quote:
Old 05-02-23, 02:42 PM   #10818
Dargo
Admiral

There has been another explosion on the railway in the Bryansk region. The head of the region, Aleksandr Bogomaz, said that an unidentified explosive device "went off near Snezhetskaya station". There were no casualties, the locomotive and several(20) freight cars derailed. https://meduza.io/news/2023/05/02/v-...uzovyh-vagonov

Quote:
Old 05-02-23, 02:45 PM   #10819
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
There has been another explosion on the railway in the Bryansk region. The head of the region, Aleksandr Bogomaz, said that an unidentified explosive device "went off near Snezhetskaya station". There were no casualties, the locomotive and several(20) freight cars derailed. https://meduza.io/news/2023/05/02/v-...uzovyh-vagonov
Whoever is behind this, are doing a good job.

I think it's UA Special forces who is operating behind enemies lines-I hope it is some Russian freedom fighters who is fighting Putlers war in Ukraine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-02-23, 03:02 PM   #10820
Dargo
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Whoever is behind this, are doing a good job.

I think it's UA Special forces who is operating behind enemies lines-I hope it is some Russian freedom fighters who is fighting Putlers war in Ukraine.

Markus
This kinda sabotage happening all over Russia, this is Russian resistance this region is have forested so easy to hide and attack plus this causes more and more resources to Russian security that can not go to the war.

Quote:
Old 05-02-23, 05:28 PM   #10821
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Not disputing the above but I'd be surprised if the E$U has given more military aid than the US.

But of course, the EU is a grouping of many countries so a breakdown of individual countries would be far more accurate.
No, your scepticism for the numbers probably is justified, it caught my attention as well and that was why I posted it ("Wowh, how things have changed!?" was my reaction), but I better should have done the far more obvious thing: post the data from the original website, not as it got quoted by Die Welt (here: LINK). My fault.

Some of the data looks very different if one takes the original data source, the Ifw Kiel (I quoted them repeatedly over the past 14 months or so), namely the one detail you mentioned:

https://www.ifw-kiel.de/topics/war-a...pport-tracker/

I delete the first post with the data according by Die Welt..???, they seem to have messed it up terribly. Several mistakes I now identified, for examle Japan should have given more military aid than any other after the US...???

Last edited by Skybird; 05-02-23 at 05:37 PM.
Skybird is online  
Old 05-02-23, 05:50 PM   #10822
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
EU wants to release €500 million for ammunition production for Ukraine

A simple, "stupid" 155mm shell without any extras costs around 3000 Euros. So that money is good for around 165-170 thousand such dumb shells. No special ammunition.

According to an estimate by the Estonian Defense Ministry, Ukraine fires up to 7,000 artillery shells per day. However, the European arms industry can only produce around 25,000 projectiles per month - as many as Russia fires in a day.

That means Ukraine is thorugh that heap of ammo in 2-3 weeks. Once the ammo has been delivered, that is. It needs to be produced, which will cost around half a year if the production gets started immediately.

France still tries to force the others to use miney for ammo only on orders from Europoean - that means also: French - weapon makers.

Ukraine has far too weak air rpotciton for frontlöine troops, its needs air defences. Any offensive of theirs could get ruined by concentrated Russian air attacks.

I wonder whether clocks and calenders work slower in Brussels...?
Old 05-02-23, 05:52 PM   #10823
Skybird
Soaring

https://kyivindependent.com/ukrainia...ing-protected/
Old 05-02-23, 07:22 PM   #10824
Skybird
Soaring

Der Spiegel reports: the EU Commission wants to be able to oblige arms companies in the EU by law to supply ammunition to member countries instead of states outside the EU. This is part of a legislative proposal that the Commission intends to adopt on Wednesday. In this way, the EU authority wants to ensure that Ukraine can be supplied with urgently needed ammunition as quickly as possible.

According to the proposal, the mechanism would kick in when there are "shortages of critical defense equipment that may affect EU security." The Commission would then be able to oblige companies to give priority to orders from EU countries - and to postpone or cancel deliveries to non-EU countries.

To trigger the mechanism, it would be enough for an EU country planning to procure ammunition for Ukraine to request Commission intervention - or for at least three member countries planning to jointly procure ammunition to do so. According to Commission sources, the manufacturers need not fear lawsuits from affected third countries, which would possibly go away empty-handed: Brussels' intervention is legally to be regarded as force majeure.

A politically intended decision claimed to be force majeure...? That is an extremely dangerous precedent being created here. Only imagine the possibilities!The question is not if it will be done again: the only question is: when again. Its the wannebe central committee of the whole continent that ursurps powers and dispowers elected parliaments step by step, mercilessly like an avalanche of ants. Empirically, the benefit of doubt is totally not justified.
Old 05-03-23, 05:28 AM   #10825
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-03-23, 05:35 AM   #10826
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-03-23, 05:41 AM   #10827
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 05-03-23, 07:54 AM   #10828
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Ukraine launched an assassination attempt on Vladimir Putin overnight, Russia has claimed.

It said drones sent by Kyiv were aimed at Putin's residence in the Kremlin citadel in what it described as "planned terrorist action".

Russian officials said that the President was not injured and there was no major damage to the Kremlin's buildings.

Video footage circulating on Russian social media shows a pure of smoke over the top of the walled government complex in Moscow.

The country's state-run news agency, RIA, said: "The Kremlin has assessed these actions as a planned terrorist act and an assassination attempt on the president on the eve of Victory Day, the May 9 Parade."

The Kremlin says that Putin intends to go about his government business as usual.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...0378dc26&ei=21
As it gets harder to differentiate fact from fiction with each passing day I can only say I wish it were true and the outcome was more successful.

Old 05-03-23, 08:57 AM   #10829
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Ukraine denies it's them who's behind it. I believe them so far-Then the only option is Russian partisans.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 05-03-23, 10:11 AM   #10830
Skybird
Soaring

As if anyone seriously believes Putin sits in the Kremlin right now...