SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-29-10, 07:59 AM   #1066
ACSoft
Soundman

Downloads: 57
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepine View Post
HI there... does anyone know if ENV MOD 4 is compatable with sober's base wave mechanics.
As far as I remember, ENV MOD 4 is NOT compatable. I mean, both will work on same files. But you can probably apply sober's mod OVER (after) W_clear mod, without any problems (bad side effects).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevepine View Post
I also used AC Soft's CTD fix downloadable file and I still am finding areas of ocean where I suddenly CTD.
You are not the first to feedback this information. Unfortunately, this mean that other parameter(s) change than "illegal color(s)" in color map may induce CTD on some system (myself I never had a CTD of that kind with SH5).

ACS
ACSoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 08:29 AM   #1067
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65

w_clear thanks for this great mod!You have a great taste for eye-candy mate!

ACSoft thanks for your climatezone file!however i am occasionally getting CTD like many others who have already written feedbacks.it seems like you have knowladge with modding/this mod.i would love to see you and w_clear cooperate.with w_clear's permission you can check some other files which makes you think that causes CTD.

i am sure everyone will be happy with a more bug/CTD free EnvMode.cause you cant simply go back to vanilla graphs after using this great mod!

Cheers!
Old 10-29-10, 10:09 AM   #1068
ACSoft
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Can View Post
w_clear thanks for this great mod!You have a great taste for eye-candy mate!

ACSoft thanks for your climatezone file!however i am occasionally getting CTD like many others who have already written feedbacks.it seems like you have knowladge with modding/this mod.i would love to see you and w_clear cooperate.with w_clear's permission you can check some other files which makes you think that causes CTD.

i am sure everyone will be happy with a more bug/CTD free EnvMode.cause you cant simply go back to vanilla graphs after using this great mod!

Cheers!
Hi Captain Can,

This is exactly what I am trying to do since a few weeks now !!! But unfortunately we have a very big language barrier problem. I don't speak/write Chinese and W_clear English is very limited.

Actually I try to communicate with him using "Pictogram's" like this:

For example here after, the pictogram's I made to try to convince him to use a better "ClimateZones.tga" I have made from "Astradeus" previous enhancement work in July (see: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170162 )

In this last one I sent to him, I try to convince him to correct his "Tropical_A color" palette and create a new "Temperate_A" palette, to be used with Astradeus map:

Maybe some of you will find all this very funny, but it is the only way I found to communicate with W_clear, in a way he should understand me !!!

Actually, I don't know if he really understand what I mean and proposed to him to do, but he apparently don't want to go in that direction. Maybe he has very good reasons for that. I mean, he is the Great Expert, not me. But unfortunately, he can't explain clearly to me why.

ACS
Old 10-29-10, 10:18 AM   #1069
ACSoft
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echolot View Post
Nice work with the environment, w_clear.

You can look at the EnvColors_Temperate.cfg?

I miss the entrys "WaterLightColor" and "WaterDarkColor" in section [Weather=0.Angle=-15].

Same in EnvColors_Tropical.cfg at [Weather=1.Angle=-15].

Thank you.

Echolt.
W_clear there is still some other errors of this kind:

Please download:
http://www.acsoft.ch/tmp/EnvColors_ERRORS.zip

And seek the string ";;;" in the included files, to found the still missing lines or the duplicated lines.

ACS
Old 10-29-10, 11:15 AM   #1070
Captain Can
Soundman

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACSoft View Post
unfortunately we have a very big language barrier problem. I don't speak/write Chinese and W_clear English is very limited.

Actually I try to communicate with him using "Pictogram's"
ACSoft i hope this problem will not let you down with your current "trying to make this mod more CTDs/bugs free" progress. there is a chinese forum under subsim international. maybe you can find someone who is willing to help you comunicate with w_clear at there. so that he will know by sending him all those Pictogram's you are willing to help with CTD/bug problems not messing up with his own work/his own taste with this mod .

Cheers!
Old 10-29-10, 01:47 PM   #1071
Stevepine
Planesman

Downloads: 172

does version the new 4.3 contain AC Softs Fix? just curious!
Stevepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 02:51 PM   #1072
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

ACSoft, how about you open another topic with the fix files you made for this mod? The language barrier between you 2 is a problem for all of us, so it could be more useful to find all these fixes in a single topic instead of being buried here. Right now its pretty hard for us to find all these critical fixes every time when the mod gets updated.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 03:00 PM   #1073
Will-Rommel
Chief

Downloads: 81

I sure laughed a bit at the pictograms, but it's still quite nice of you to try and help W_clear with this. I hope he didn't take it personal !

Everybody wins here.
Old 10-29-10, 09:00 PM   #1074
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 111

请问。你们每次巡逻的区域有多大?要感受不同的海水颜色,必须这么做。
I ask. Every time you patrol the area be? To feel the water in different colors, must do so.
我的目的就是让玩家在短时间内感受海水的变化
My purpose is to allow players to feel the sea change in a short time
W_clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 09:33 PM   #1075
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458

I like the new fog in mod...but there are those ships reflections which I think don't suppose to be there...Can they be removed when there isn't sunny weather?

Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 09:51 PM   #1076
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post

I like the new fog in mod...but there are those ships reflections which I think don't suppose to be there...Can they be removed when there isn't sunny weather?

My English is poor. I do not understand
Old 10-29-10, 10:21 PM   #1077
Oby
Medic

Downloads: 458

Stormy and foggy weather --> Binocular view --> Strange reflections of nearby ships on sea level (in red circles on picture)--> Want them to show in sunny weather only --> Can you do that?
Oby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-10, 10:34 PM   #1078
W_clear
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oby View Post
Stormy and foggy weather --> Binocular view --> Strange reflections of nearby ships on sea level (in red circles on picture)--> Want them to show in sunny weather only --> Can you do that?
I must Agent to see the screenshot in China, I just see your screenshot. New I understand what you mean。If move the reflection of ship,So there is no refraction of the ship in good weather。I have to try in the future
Old 10-30-10, 01:16 AM   #1079
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Hope you can see this screnshot:

What Oby and I say is this: the fog is covering only the ship, not his reflection on the water. Hope you can understand us now.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-10, 02:54 AM   #1080
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

我也一樣,所以它只是加載,霧一般,我看到了車隊,車隊漸漸消失,然後完全消失,甚至沒有它在聲納,試圖追 上他,因為他完全消失了,距離目標 1300米。因此重載幾次,直到天氣是正常的。

對不起,我的語言

I, too, so it was just loaded, fog average, I see the convoy and the convoy gradually disappears, and then completely disappeared, and even do not have it on the sonar, trying to catch up with him because he was completely gone, the distance to the target 1300 meters. And so overloaded several times, until the weather was normal.

sorry for my language
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote