SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-03-09, 05:30 PM   #1051
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

Well, in case any of you having problems downloading from SHMF:
http://www.silenthuntermods.com/foru...hp?topic=107.0
Or unpacking the archieve from there.

That archieve was packed with 7zip, which is mentioned in the thread there. I have downloaded it a couple of times with different options like browsers and download manager. Only once did I get a 7kb file size problem. Next attempt succesfull.

Just in case, you are downloading from SHMF, please report your errors there, or at least tell, where you tried from, when reporting bad archieves.

regards,
"Santa's Little Helper"

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 06:14 PM   #1052
das numnutz
Watch

Downloads: 40

Does anyone know if there is a "Decks Awash" button in TMO?

I could have sworn Ducimus wrote in the manual that he included such button on the taskbar. As usual I can't find the statement in the manual and I can't find the button on the taskbar.

And I just wanted to congratulate the entire TMO team on the amazing job. The scope of the mod is beyond anything I imagined. Same goes for OM, which to me is even more amazing to me considering they added two subs . The amount of work that had to be put into this is befuddling.

Thanks.

Das Numnutz
Old 04-03-09, 08:20 PM   #1053
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
I've tried to find a problem but I have not been able to create a CTD looking through the Recognition Manual. I did not try the Uss Growler Hi-RES mod with the above listed group, but I doubt if it has anything to do with the Rec Manual.

One note though, I see the RSRDC v410 does not completely cover all ships with the SCAF mast heights or images. Many of the images do not have the red penciled reference point marked within the Recognition Manual. Some mast heights are incorrect. I have uploaded a fix for the Recognition Manual that RSRDC v410 changes. It has all the ships that RSRDC and TMO adds to the game, with corrected mast heights where needed. The "RecManual for RSRDCv410" mod can be found "here".

A new version of RSRDC v410 Patch2B is up that correct the CTD, also in the Readme for Patch2A you will note that "SCAF" is part of the patch
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 12:35 AM   #1054
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Downloads: 101

At the moment I'm using:

TMO 162 full
TMO 170 update
RSRDC
RSRDC patch 2

I'm 5 missions into the game. Can i replace my mods with the latest versions and continue with my current campaign?

Thanks,

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
keith_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 01:06 AM   #1055
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
A new version of RSRDC v410 Patch2B is up that correct the CTD, also in the Readme for Patch2A you will note that "SCAF" is part of the patch
Thanks Lurker for including SCAF in the latest Patch2B. I just checked it out and the Recognition Manual is in good order!! I will remove the "RecManual for RSRDCv410" since its not needed with your comprehensive Patch. Great work!!

The order of activation should be:
TMO 1.7
Max Optics for TMO 1.7_Binocular
RSRDC_TMOv163_v410
RSRDC_v410_Patch 2B

===========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_uk
At the moment I'm using:

TMO 162 full
TMO 170 update
RSRDC
RSRDC patch 2

I'm 5 missions into the game. Can i replace my mods with the latest versions and continue with my current campaign?
I'm fairly sure you can not. There are files that will overwrite each other making a problem like a CTD. The best thing to try is download the latest and see what happens. If a CTD occurs remove the latest mods and continue using the older set until you finish. That's the great thing about JSGME, you can move complete sets of mods in and out with ease.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 04-04-09 at 01:18 AM.
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 08:46 AM   #1056
NeonsStyle
Chief

Hi,

I am getting crashes after installing TM 1.7 for vers 1.5 sh4. It reports "file not found: data/menu/data/black80.tga".

After that, there's a warning that shows up:

"There is a new (not implemented) Page: <ChooseLoadSave> !

Then another Error Black80 again
data/menu/skins/american/gui/intelligenceunits/paper.dds not found
black80 again
then same folder as 2 above ../layout/radio_messages.dds
data/menu/gui/tdc/tdc/tdc_metric.tga
etc etc it just keeps going. It tries to run, but the error msgs keep tripping it over, and it just gets stuck in the error. In the end, the only solution is to end task.

I have these mods installed:

Dark Regognition Manual
Hi Res Redfin Balao
Oaks Hud Gauges
Trigger Maru Overhaul 1.7 (which I assume is the full mod complete).

I removed all mods except Trigger Maru, and the load went further, but the errors still
persist. It's now a standard game + trigger maru, and won't load. Only option so far is to bin TM, but I've read so much about it, I'd really not like to do that.

Could someone please let me know how to fix this, there is nothing in the FAQ on this problem.

I originally had a whole lot of mods installed n they all worked well, but I figured smart thing is to remove all of them n test out TM first.
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 09:34 AM   #1057
banjo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 55

Remove all mods. Install TMO 1.7. Start a new career. Try that first. If no luck post again for help from others.
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 10:25 AM   #1058
mike_espo
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 12

Wow! Love this mod!

Having a little trouble controlling the deck gun though. When you look through the eyepiece, it is very very difficult to center on target. Vertical is fine, but horizontal is very tough. I don't know if its due to the mouse I use or something else, but the target jumps a lot in the horizontal plane.
mike_espo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 11:13 AM   #1059
NeonsStyle
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
Remove all mods. Install TMO 1.7. Start a new career. Try that first. If no luck post again for help from others.

I did that... as I said in my post. Only thing in there, was TM, no other mods... no chance of starting another career, as I don't even reach the main menu. It falls over during load on entry screen.
Old 04-04-09, 11:18 AM   #1060
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_espo View Post
Wow! Love this mod!

Having a little trouble controlling the deck gun though. When you look through the eyepiece, it is very very difficult to center on target. Vertical is fine, but horizontal is very tough. I don't know if its due to the mouse I use or something else, but the target jumps a lot in the horizontal plane.
Mike, back off the max zoom level when moving left or right. There are three views for the deck gun. The first when you're at the gun station standing next to the gun. By moving the mouse wheel or pressing the Tab key you have 2 other magnified zoom levels. The highest level is increased by about 125% over the stock zoom level. The middle zoom level will increase magnification by only 50% over stock, it's much slower to move horizontally and easier to control.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 04-04-09, 11:34 AM   #1061
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I did that... as I said in my post. Only thing in there, was TM, no other mods... no chance of starting another career, as I don't even reach the main menu. It falls over during load on entry screen.

Venus, it sounds as if the game is looking for a file it shouldn't be looking for.

Quote:
It reports "file not found: data/menu/data/black80.tga".

After that, there's a warning that shows up:

"There is a new (not implemented) Page: <ChooseLoadSave> !

Then another Error Black80 again
data/menu/skins/american/gui/intelligenceunits/paper.dds not found
black80 again
then same folder as 2 above ../layout/radio_messages.dds
With all mods removed, have JSGME check the original game snapshot files for corruption. You did take a "snapshot" of a clean SH4 installation didn't you when you first installed JSGME? It sounds like a file has been left in the game by possibly removing a mod out of order from their original activation. JSGME tries to keep things square, but it doesn't always work as intended. If you get frustrated and find you have no other course, a clean reinstall of SH4 may be in order.

Quote:
Old 04-04-09, 11:45 AM   #1062
NeonsStyle
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
I did that the first time as I said in my post. But, I did it again. I completely REMOVED ALL MODS including TMO. The game ran fine. I reinstalled TMO, added it into JSGME, activated it... game crashes with the same errors.

I do not have the Uboat version of the game. My current vers of SH4 is 1.4 and is now Stock, with only TMO installed, and it keeps crashing. Works perfectly without TMO.

Can someone help please?

Last edited by NeonsStyle; 04-04-09 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-04-09, 12:14 PM   #1063
JGoldrick
Watch

Downloads: 50

Quote:
I did that the first time as I said in my post. But, I did it again. I completely REMOVED ALL MODS including TMO. The game ran fine. I reinstalled TMO, added it into JSGME, activated it... game crashes with the same errors.

I do not have the Uboat version of the game. My current vers of SH4 is 1.4 and is now Stock, with only TMO installed, and it keeps crashing. Works perfectly without TMO.

Can someone help please?
I have a thought, TMO version 1.7 is NOT compatable with stock 1.4, you will need to have the 1.5 version, which is the U-Boat add-on. I believe it is in Ducimus' readme file. Just a thought.
JGoldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-09, 12:41 PM   #1064
NeonsStyle
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGoldrick View Post
I have a thought, TMO version 1.7 is NOT compatable with stock 1.4, you will need to have the 1.5 version, which is the U-Boat add-on. I believe it is in Ducimus' readme file. Just a thought.
Well, a fat lot of good it is there... There is no mention of that on the first page to this thread. What use is it in the readme? Do I have to download a massive file only to find out it's of no use??? Sheesh!!!!

Come on, little thought.

Anyway, thanks Goldrick. I've just reinstalled the game twice, dumped everything and now I find out I've been wasting my time. Wish people would make things clear... know it's not your fault... just feel frustrated.

OK, so what version of TM is suitable to 1.4? Where is the link to it? Thanks, least you saved me wasting more time on it.

Ven
Old 04-04-09, 12:50 PM   #1065
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Uploads: 12

Quote:
Well, a fat lot of good it is there... There is no mention of that on the first page to this thread.

From the Readme on the first post of this thread

Quote:
DOWNLOAD LINKS:
You can always find the latest version of TMO 1.7 for SH4 version 1.5 here:

Quote:
OK, so what version of TM is suitable to 1.4? Where is the link to it?
http://hosted.filefront.com/Ducimus554/2193187
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote