Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-24-23, 01:24 PM   #1021
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I'm not sure how successful he'll be ...going up against the 'system' and all that.
He's apparently been calling for a "United Front" with the SNP on independence, but this possible court case won't help that idea in the least. Unless he's just trying to bully Useless now that Sturgeon's out of the way.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
MGR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-23, 01:36 PM   #1022
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I must admit I used to like the guy back in the day.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-23, 01:16 PM   #1023
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pray God NO!

Quote:
Brexit debate ‘could be reignited’ after David Cameron praises European Union

David Cameron has said Britain needs closer ties with the European Union, prompting fears the Brexit debate could be ‘reignited’.

The Foreign Secretary said the bloc is a ‘friend, a neighbour and partner’ and praised cooperation between the EU and the UK in supporting Ukraine.

But he was warned not to ‘reignite’ the debate around Brexit.

Lord Cameron told the BBC: ‘When you look at the engagement in Ukraine, that probably is the best example of how it’s worked.

‘There’s no doubt that Britain is the leading European power in helping Ukraine. I heard that over and over again from the president downwards. But we’re doing that in partnership with our European colleagues.

‘So I think we can make “friend, neighbour and partner” work, and I’m determined to do so’
It is Lord Cameron’s first time back in front line politics following his resingation as Prime Minister in 2016 when he led the unsuccessful Remain campaign.

Pro-Brexit Conservative MPs were left upset by the remarks, with Richard Drax, a member of the defence select committee saying: ‘You might want to remind Lord Cameron that we left the EU – no ifs or buts – and we’re doing very well, thank you.

‘I hope that Lord Cameron’s comments are not in any way reigniting the Brexit debate, because that would be entirely wrong.’

Sir Michael Fabricant said: ‘His statement simply reinforces the concerns of those voters who think David Cameron hasn’t moved on from the referendum.’
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...c6c5aec87&ei=9

Old 11-26-23, 09:59 AM   #1024
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

This stinks to the high heavens.

Quote:
The Tories are facing fresh cronyism claims after handing gongs to 96 sitting MPs since coming to power.

Analysis found two thirds of the knighthoods or damehoods were handed to serving Tories (64), 26 to Labour, five to the Liberal Democrats and one to the Democratic Unionist Party. It marks an eightfold increase on the last Labour Government, when only 11 sitting MPs were given such honours between 1997 and 2010.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...dc5a3b45&ei=13

Old 11-26-23, 01:16 PM   #1025
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-27-23, 05:50 AM   #1026
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Too little too late...the horse has already bolted me thinks.

Quote:
Prime Minister Rishi Sunak promised to toughen up migration rules under a Tory leadership contest deal with Suella Braverman, the former home secretary's allies say.

The Telegraph newspaper says it has seen a copy of a plan Mr Sunak agreed with Mrs Braverman last year.

The document includes a pledge to increase the salary migrants would have to earn to enter the UK.

But Mr Sunak's allies dispute the idea he struck a deal with Mrs Braverman.

Sources close to the prime minister insist there was a more general policy discussion about legal and illegal migration, rather than an agreement on specific policy proposals.

The claim of a deal came in Mrs Braverman's scathing letter to Mr Sunak after the prime minister had sacked her as home secretary.

In the letter, Mrs Braverman said she supported Mr Sunak's Tory leadership bid last year because of "the firm assurances you gave me on key policy priorities", which included reducing "overall legal migration".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67541308

Old 11-28-23, 06:34 AM   #1027
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

You can tell a general election is in the offing when sculptures made almost 500 years before the birth of Christ become the subject of a very public diplomatic snub in November 2023.

Quote:
No 10 is embroiled in a deepening row with Athens after cancelling a meeting between Rishi Sunak and the Greek PM.

Downing Street believed it had assurances that Kyriakos Mitsotakis would not speak publicly about the Parthenon Sculptures - also known as the Elgin Marbles - on his UK visit.

A Greek source has denied this.

On Sunday, Greece's leader told the BBC that having some treasures in London and others in Athens was like cutting the Mona Lisa in half.

No 10 then scrapped the PM's meeting with Mr Mitsotakis at late notice.

Labour has described the row as "pathetic".

A Greek government source disputed there had been any assurances given to the UK about Mr Mitsotakis talking about the marbles while he was in the country.

They said discussions preparing for the meeting with the UK PM had been smooth until late afternoon on Monday - long after Mr Mitsotakis's BBC interview with Laura Kuenssberg on Sunday.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67551732

Old 11-29-23, 07:14 AM   #1028
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Never thought I'd see the day when I would agree with anything Jacob Rees-Mogg said but I have to admit I believe he is spot on the money here.

Quote:
Rees-Mogg claims Sunak is Britain’s most ‘lifeless’ leader for more than 500 years

Senior Tory Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg has warned Rishi Sunak he must wake up and act or lose the next general election, in an extraordinary attack on his own party.

The Boris Johnson ally attacked Mr Sunak’s government as the most inert since the reign of Henry VI in 1453.

Sir Jacob, who served as business secretary under Liz Truss, compared the current PM to the 15th-Century monarch, saying “since then, we have never had so inert a government – until today”.

“The current government … needs to awake from its catalepsy if it wishes to win the election,” he warned.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...2be1000f9&ei=8

Old 11-29-23, 08:07 AM   #1029
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Smoggy should take a long hard look around the House of Commons and see the retards who voted for Sunak, that Lettuce would have done a better job than the Tory Cadavers of today have. Long Live The Lettuce.
Old 11-29-23, 10:16 AM   #1030
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Most definitely not...no thank you.

Quote:
The UK has been urged to rejoin the EU to "fix" Brexit, by one of Europe's most senior politicians.

Ursula von der Leyen, the EU Commission President, told a Politico event: "I keep telling my children, you have to fix it. We goofed it up." She had been asked if Britain could ever reverse Brexit.

She said: "First of all, thank God, with the Windsor agreement, we had a new beginning for old friends. Very important ... you have to fix it [Brexit]. So I think here, too, the direction of travel, my personal opinion is clear.”

Support for rejoining the bloc has been at a record highs since the 2016 EU referendum, with 63% supporting rejoin while those who want to stay out of the EU is at 37%. This has largely been driven by younger people reaching voting age, and a small minority of Leave voters switching sides.
YouGov announced earlier in the year that 46% of voters want a referendum in the next 10 years, 10 percentage points higher than those that don’t. Small businesses have had issues with extra costs and red tape, while farmers are fighting to stay afloat as government subsidies reduce.

However, research has shown that now Britons are largely apathetic about the EU, and Leave voters think Brexit has gone badly but blame it on politicians instead of leaving the EU.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...8533ab53c&ei=8

Old 11-29-23, 05:12 PM   #1031
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

What the hell is going on over there, you have so many unassimilated migrants you now gladly choose to bow down to one particular group who wish to do harm others? Gee, let me guess who’s on the city council, London has fallen. Happy Ramadan to everyone in the U.K.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/council...sion-concerns/

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-30-23 at 07:32 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-23, 02:21 AM   #1032
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

The inmates have took over the Asylum old boy, we worthless Scum, as we are known by in the Westminster corridors of power, should embrace our new Muslim faith with open arms and go forth on a conquest of love. Or to put it more bluntly, pick up an AK47 and start blasting away at the degenerates who do not subscribe to the Religion of Peace's point of view.

These two below are what's wrong with the UK, the highest Civil Servants in the Home Office and they haven't got a bleeding clue between them about any immigration details.
In fact Sir Matthew Rycroft has got a knighthood for not knowing anything about immigration, he's the Home Office's permanent secretary and Simon Ridley its interim second permanent secretary. For two hours they faced the Commons home affairs committee in one of the worst massacres I have ever seen. I'm laughing, but it's not bleeding funny.

Quote:
QUENTIN LETTS: This gruesome Home Office twosome shrivelled and shrank like lab specimens of managerial ineptitude as they were grilled by MPs
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...illed-MPs.html

So now you know about the backroom staffs abilities, times that by minus 10 and you have our Lords and Masters of The Tory Party, this makes your shindig with Mr Trump pale in comparison, I'm hoping to wake up one day and discover that I've been having a nightmare, please god I hope so.
Old 11-30-23, 07:09 AM   #1033
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Rishi must already be experiencing sleepless nights without this lot adding to them

Quote:
Sixteen people have been arrested after climate campaign group Just Stop Oil staged a protest outside Rishi Sunak's west London home on Wednesday night.

Just Stop Oil said about 18 people gathered at the Kensington property holding placards and "made themselves heard by beating pots and pans".

It is not known whether the prime minister or his family were inside at the time.

No 10 declined to comment on the incident.

The Metropolitan Police said those arrested have been taken to a number of central London police stations and remain in custody.

A statement issued by Just Stop Oil called the protest a "wide awake disruption", with some of its placards reading "no rest for the wicked".

The group highlighted its opposition to the prime minister's decision in July to grant 100 new North Sea oil and gas licences.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-67573852

Old 11-30-23, 09:14 AM   #1034
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I hope hell would freeze over before this happens.

Not that it's any of the OECD's business anyway.

Quote:
Calls to scrap the state pension triple lock to pay for net zero policies by the Europe-based OECD yesterday triggered fury on this side of the Channel.

The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development urged ministers here to water down the pension promise.

The proposal was immediately slapped down by Downing Street, which said the Government is 'very clearly committed' to the triple lock.

Chancellor Jeremy Hunt confirmed in last week's Autumn Statement that the state pension triple lock policy will be honoured in full next year. Campaigners and charities said it was vital to keep the triple lock, which guarantees the annual rise in the state pension.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...447edeca&ei=14

Old 11-30-23, 09:26 AM   #1035
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
The inmates have took over the Asylum old boy, we worthless Scum, as we are known by in the Westminster corridors of power, should embrace our new Muslim faith with open arms and go forth on a conquest of love. Or to put it more bluntly, pick up an AK47 and start blasting away at the degenerates who do not subscribe to the Religion of Peace's point of view.

These two below are what's wrong with the UK, the highest Civil Servants in the Home Office and they haven't got a bleeding clue between them about any immigration details.
In fact Sir Matthew Rycroft has got a knighthood for not knowing anything about immigration, he's the Home Office's permanent secretary and Simon Ridley its interim second permanent secretary. For two hours they faced the Commons home affairs committee in one of the worst massacres I have ever seen. I'm laughing, but it's not bleeding funny.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...illed-MPs.html

So now you know about the backroom staffs abilities, times that by minus 10 and you have our Lords and Masters of The Tory Party, this makes your shindig with Mr Trump pale in comparison, I'm hoping to wake up one day and discover that I've been having a nightmare, please god I hope so.
Is the U.K. so overrun you’re now afraid to step on your new masters toes for fear of offending them or that they might burn down your cities?

New York City didn’t back down as Londonstan did. They had their Christmas Tree lighting ceremony. There were pro-Palestinian protestors chanting “shut it down”. Only a few beat downs were required by New York's finest to keep things under control. The protestors were not allowed to overrule the event.

Btw, it not my shindig. If you look at the U.S. politics board Europeans seem to have the most to say about the orange man. Likely because most if not all article's linked are from the British and European news sources or fringe sites like RawStory or Alternet. No offense but you couldn’t even respond to specific comment about London England politics without working Trump into the argument. It’s not me man, it really isn’t.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 11-30-23 at 09:53 AM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote