Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-16, 03:13 PM   #991
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

The answers in this thread seem to highlight a valid flaw in the statement that a lot of Republicans will vote Democrat if Trump gets the nomination. If Clinton gets the Democrat nomination and it's a choice between Trump and Clinton, I think most Republicans will just stay at home rather than vote for either, or will vote Trump just to keep Clinton out. We've had months of being told that Clinton is up there with Adolf Hitler in terms of pure undiluted evil, so I don't see that many Republicans will vote for her even if it's a case of voting against Trump.
Old 02-22-16, 03:17 PM   #992
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
The answers in this thread seem to highlight a valid flaw in the statement that a lot of Republicans will vote Democrat if Trump gets the nomination. If Clinton gets the Democrat nomination and it's a choice between Trump and Clinton, I think most Republicans will just stay at home rather than vote for either, or will vote Trump just to keep Clinton out. We've had months of being told that Clinton is up there with Adolf Hitler in terms of pure undiluted evil, so I don't see that many Republicans will vote for her even if it's a case of voting against Trump.
Repubs will vote anyone with a R behind their names just as quickly as Dems will vote anyone with a D behind their name. If it is undecided for the voter most vote the party of their choice. I have been their myself.
Old 02-22-16, 03:24 PM   #993
U505995
Planesman

Downloads: 70

As long as that snake in the grass Hillary doesn't take the oval office I think I'll be ok.
Old 02-22-16, 04:33 PM   #994
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
IMO Bill will be a help and not a hinderance. She will not dump Bill. It would make very little sense to do so.
What exactly does President Clinton need from Bill once she is elected? Other than knowing where her bodies are buried I see him being of little value to her and potentially a lot of harm.
Old 02-22-16, 04:59 PM   #995
eddie
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cremer View Post
That definitely is not Hillary. I would rather vote for Charles Manson.
Charlie would be so proud!

Al Capone
Old 02-22-16, 06:53 PM   #996
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I had to make my choices in the "US Election contest"- thread from the polls.

For a while I had Sanders as the winner of the Dem in SC. I changed my mind, ´cause Clinton is in front, even though Sanders is gaining ground each day.

And for a split second I saw Rubio dropping-I cleared my mind as fast as I could saying no-way. I made a 50/50 chance on the two with the lowest percentage in the latest polls.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-22-16, 08:53 PM   #997
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I think Rubio may have a chance in Nevada. I decided to go with Trump, seems like he is on a roll.

As for SC, I don't think Bernie can win any part of the majority vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...b92a22d329d68/
Old 02-22-16, 10:36 PM   #998
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Carson seems determined to stay on as long as he can, which is why I've gone for Kaisch this time round...you watch Carson drop out, you just bloody watch it happen.
Old 02-22-16, 11:04 PM   #999
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Now that South Carolina republican primary has sent Jeb Bush packing the struggle is on to see who inherits his exclamation point.

Marco Rubio thinks it's him because he's the closest candidate to Ronald Reagan. Ted Cruz thinks it's him because he's the closest candidate to Ronald Reagan.

Who's right? Let me see. Ronald Reagan was 69 when he won the nomination. Who else in the race is 69? Donald Trump, of course.

Reagan was a professional performer and a member of the Screen Actors Guild. Who else is a professional performer and a member of the Screen Actors Guild? Once again it's Trump.

Ronald Reagan was also physically imposing, standing over 6 feet and had an amazing head of hair for his age. Hmmm. What candidate also meets that description?

"Let's put this thing away," Trump said Sunday. I get the feeling he is about to do just that. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it.

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Old 02-22-16, 11:18 PM   #1000
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Carson seems determined to stay on as long as he can, which is why I've gone for Kaisch this time round...you watch Carson drop out, you just bloody watch it happen.
CHICKEN: I picked 'em both to drop!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-23-16, 12:13 AM   #1001
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Ah, but you can only pick one and the first pick counts I stumbled on that one when I picked Jeb! and Christie to go on the New Hampshire round. Christie went, but since I'd picked Jeb! ahead of Christie, well...

Old 02-23-16, 12:41 AM   #1002
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

That's the name of my wife's law firm: Dewey Pickem and Howe!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 02-23-16, 01:14 AM   #1003
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Funnily enough, my mother and I once discussed the idea of setting up a removals firm called 'Frolic's and Bucket'...
Old 02-23-16, 08:34 AM   #1004
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
CHICKEN: I picked 'em both to drop!
Yeah, but only one counts in the contest, the first one.

After South Carolina, beginning of the end for Cruz?
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...e-end-for-cruz

Quote:
No state in the nation is more tailor-made for the Texas senator than South Carolina. Less than 5 percent of South Carolina is Roman Catholic and almost 72 percent is evangelical Christian. Despite Cruz's pandering for white Christian votes, the majority voted for Trump. It appears that the mano a mano fight that Trump and Cruz engaged in the week before the voting convinced more to vote for Trump than for Cruz. Independent-minded Republicans broke for Rubio.
The result was that Cruz's odds of contention for the nomination have been greatly lessened. His carefully constructed scenario of winning South Carolina and carrying that win into the March Southern primaries is done. Cruz expected big wins because most of the South resembles South Carolina politically. Here enters Donald Trump. He won South Carolina and he can be expected to do well in the SEC primary (nicknamed after the Southern-based college football conference). Cruz will win the Texas primary, but it is not winner-take-all.

Every Republican caucus or primary between now and March 12 allocates delegates proportionally. Thus, even if he sweeps Texas, Cruz will not get a large delegate win; he will have to share the 155 delegate pot with Trump and Rubio proportionately. The real delegate pots start on March 15 when Florida votes winner-take-all for 99 delegates along with other winner-take-all states such as Illinois (69 delegates), Missouri (52) and Ohio (66), followed by Arizona (58) on March 22, Pennsylvania (71) on April 16 and the greatest delegate pot of all, California with 172 delegates on June 7.
So, after this cycle, we have Super Tuesday on MARCH 1, where you will decide who will win the largest number of states.

Democrats
Alabama
American Samoa
Arkansas
Colorado
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia

Republicans
Alabama
Alaska
Arkansas
Georgia
Massachusetts
Minnesota
Oklahoma
Tennessee
Texas
Vermont
Virginia

After that, we will pick who we think will win the nominations, and wait to see the results in a couple months.

Once the nominees are decided, we select who will win it all.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 02-23-16 at 08:45 AM.
Old 02-23-16, 08:40 AM   #1005
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Bugger another vote so soon! Dam missed it...

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Closed Thread

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump