SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-10, 03:56 AM   #991
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
V 1.9.0

When in camera mode above the sea and looking down at the sub:

I can teleport everywhere... except to the bridge/deck.
Well, once you teleport to something on the deck, UZO/Flak/DeckGun, THEN you can teleport to the bridge, however you end up at the last deck place you teleported to WITH ALL the UIs of the other stations you'd been to.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 03:57 AM   #992
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Well, once you teleport to something on the deck, UZO/Flak/DeckGun, THEN you can teleport to the bridge, however you end up at the last deck place you teleported to WITH ALL the UIs of the other stations you'd been to.
Yeah, I noticed that but figured that was SH5 Stock bug issues and not you.

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 04:04 AM   #993
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that but figured that was SH5 Stock bug issues and not you.
The question is, is this a big enough problem to code around? How often will you use "Press key, bring up menu, click Teleport button" to return to the boat from external camera rather than just press F12 again.

Next thing to test is if this same behavior happens with a key mapped to Teleport to Bridge. Currently I don't have any mapped.

Old 04-24-10, 04:10 AM   #994
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
The question is, is this a big enough problem to code around? How often will you use "Press key, bring up menu, click Teleport button" to return to the boat from external camera rather than just press F12 again.

Next thing to test is if this same behavior happens with a key mapped to Teleport to Bridge. Currently I don't have any mapped.
F12? Oh (facepalm).. I never used that. Heh

Old 04-24-10, 04:11 AM   #995
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

My F12 Preheats Torpedos.

Old 04-24-10, 04:26 AM   #996
kylania
Silent Hunter

Quote:
My F12 Preheats Torpedos.
Well, it's F2 for me, and it's F umm... *checks* oh, F2 by default. Was playing SH3 earlier where it's F12 hehe

Old 04-24-10, 04:30 AM   #997
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Well, it's F2 for me, and it's F umm... *checks* oh, F2 by default. Was playing SH3 earlier where it's F12 hehe
Ah.. so pushing the external camera button will just cancel it and take you to where you were before? I didn't know that/never tried that. Thanks!

Old 04-24-10, 04:54 AM   #998
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

The radio guy is creeping me out. He keeps watching me when I'm sleeping.

Old 04-24-10, 08:17 AM   #999
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
V 1.9.0

When in camera mode above the sea and looking down at the sub:

I can teleport everywhere... except to the bridge/deck.
You aren't supposed to be able to use the teleport controls outside of the sub. I'll have to correct that
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 08:35 AM   #1000
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
The contact time thing isn't working well for me though. It's impossible to read (flat orange on blue) and it's only available on the TAI, which is mostly useless to me. I also can't bring up the TAI with the Nav Map active, so I need to click on something, leave the map, open TAI, strain to see what it reads, then back to the Nav Map to use the info. If you move or zoom the TAI to get rid of the crazy zoom/bearing overlay it erases the information.

It doesn't appear as if a time is being captured for single ships still, probably a stock bug problem. Radio report contacts for convoys, both in the message box and not are working.

If we can get it on the Nav Map and off the TAI it would be much better. My TAI remains closed except during engagements since it's so short of a range around the sub. Also all the radio contacts show up on the Nav Map where having the time is needed to plot intercepts. Also a different font color, or something please
In the test versions I sent you all I had forgotten to add the contact spotted to the nav map. I'm changing the color of the font to orange (highly visible).

I'm curious about this comment "If you move or zoom the TAI to get rid of the crazy zoom/bearing overlay it erases the information." Explain please.

Teleport icons are now disabled in free cam mode.
Old 04-24-10, 09:30 AM   #1001
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
On Testing the v 1.9.0

I got a radio contact and it was several hundred kilometers away from me at a port. I clicked on the reported ship and it locked onto it by putting a little red box around the contact ship location.
you probably didn't get any spotted information on the nav map either. I just noticed that I didn't code in the new contacts for the nav map. That has been fixed now.
Old 04-24-10, 09:41 AM   #1002
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

contact spotted text color changed to orange:

mini-map:

navmap:
Old 04-24-10, 11:03 AM   #1003
mcaa666
Mate

Downloads: 24

Is that 'new' version with the added nav map contacts available for us testers? Coz I was planning on doing a very long session tonight and I would love to have the full package to work with...
mcaa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 11:06 AM   #1004
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaa666 View Post
Is that 'new' version with the added nav map contacts available for us testers? Coz I was planning on doing a very long session tonight and I would love to have the full package to work with...
PM sent
Old 04-24-10, 11:18 AM   #1005
mcaa666
Mate

Downloads: 24

Awesome...I'm so excited right now...depending on what else you come up with for this mod, this is going to be one of the best game sessions i've had sofar with SH5...woohoooo
mcaa666 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui