SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-24-10, 01:40 AM   #976
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by McHub532 View Post
TDW;

When you do this can you make sure that when you drop below that magic TC number that if you had the message box closed.. that is closes again on it's own without having to tell it to close again?

Would be nice. I leave mine closed in 4 hours play all but about 2 minutes. If I think I need to check I just pop it open, read it and put it back away.
a user option has been added to restore the messagebox after coming down from the TC level defined in the option file
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 01:48 AM   #977
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
a user option has been added to restore the messagebox after coming down from the TC level defined in the option file
I think I need to "come out" now.

I love you DarkWraith.

hee-hee

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 01:56 AM   #978
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89

I'm a big fan of that style of UI also

I've been working on something in that vain, but It is so hard trying to keep up with TheDarkWraith. I'm trying to ensure it will be compatible with all his amazing work.

Been back to the drawing board a few times but have now got a system worked out of how to monitor TDW's changes .

So progress is again being made.

Its been more developed than this before; but then TDW added some other great stuff and so it was start again

Hopefully some will get the idea

Everything works and IS compatible with TDW UI.

Plans to have periscope filters work with a switch.

But this is TDW's thread and I don't won't to hijack it with WIP

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 02:00 AM   #979
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticalwolf View Post
Its been more developed than this before; but then TDW added some other great stuff and so it was start again
I apologize if I keep messing up your work. The more I keep playing with the files and digging into the script editor the more I learn which then enables me to do things that I'm thinking about.

Periscope filters working with a switch can be easily done

EDIT: v1.9.0 as I have it now (it's not finished yet) went out to some people for testing of the new features and feedback.
Old 04-24-10, 02:06 AM   #980
Nauticalwolf
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 89

Quote:
I apologize if I keep messing up your work. The more I keep playing with the files and digging into the script editor the more I learn which then enables me to do things that I'm thinking about.

Periscope filters working with a switch can be easily done
Hey don't worry about me , you just keep up the great , amazing , fantastic work and I'll catch up when I can.

I'll PM you about the filter

We're here to protect Democracy - not practice it!
Nauticalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 02:09 AM   #981
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
any contact added to the map will have a date-time-stamp added to it now. If you select the contact (left click on it) the date-time-stamp will show in the mini-map.

Forgot to add the date-time-stamp contact info to the Nav Map. For those users I sent v1.9.0 to I'll send you new files tomorrow with the necessary changes to enable the date-time-stamp contact info on the nav map.
Old 04-24-10, 02:36 AM   #982
DonZorro
Sailor man

Downloads: 467
Quote:
Had to take a second out of making v1.9.0 to see these new icons in game:

awesome...
How can I install? Just copy and overwrite to Yours???

DonZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 02:37 AM   #983
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

On Testing the v 1.9.0

The notepad pops up when it gets to x32 TC. Very nice. It also goes back away (hides) when I drop below x32 TC. Spectacular!

I got a radio contact and it was several hundred kilometers away from me at a port. I clicked on the reported ship and it locked onto it by putting a little red box around the contact ship location.

I checked my periscope and I was not locked onto it (I am glad, it would be silly to lock onto something so far away).

The mini-map showed in the upper left edge:
Contact Spotted:

No words were after this.
Also.. I normally keep my mini-map smaller and when it is smaller the (Contact Spotted) does not show up on the mini-map.

I've got a laptop and my screen isn't large enough to keep the mini-map open to default size.

Old 04-24-10, 02:38 AM   #984
DonZorro
Sailor man

Downloads: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticalwolf View Post
I'm a big fan of that style of UI also

I've been working on something in that vain, but It is so hard trying to keep up with TheDarkWraith. I'm trying to ensure it will be compatible with all his amazing work.

Been back to the drawing board a few times but have now got a system worked out of how to monitor TDW's changes .

So progress is again being made.

Hopefully some will get the idea

Everything works and IS compatible with TDW UI.

But this is TDW's thread and I don't won't to hijack it with WIP
This column should be me...

DonZorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 02:43 AM   #985
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
On Testing the v 1.9.0

The notepad pops up when it gets to x32 TC. Very nice. It also goes back away (hides) when I drop below x32 TC. Spectacular!

I got a radio contact and it was several hundred kilometers away from me at a port. I clicked on the reported ship and it locked onto it by putting a little red box around the contact ship location.

I checked my periscope and I was not locked onto it (I am glad, it would be silly to lock onto something so far away).

The mini-map showed in the upper left edge:
Contact Spotted:

No words were after this.
Also.. I normally keep my mini-map smaller and when it is smaller the (Contact Spotted) does not show up on the mini-map.

I've got a laptop and my screen isn't large enough to keep the mini-map open to default size.
what about one button crash dive?

The mini-map has to be a certain size for the Contact spotted to appear (if not then the text could show off the mini-map which would look horrible!)
Old 04-24-10, 02:44 AM   #986
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

The mini-map has to be a certain size for the Contact spotted to appear (if not then the text could show off the mini-map which would look horrible!)
I jumped out of the sub to check this post.... going back and will crash dive.. BRB

Old 04-24-10, 02:46 AM   #987
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:

I was on the deck enjoying the fog and rain and pushed the crash dive button..
It teleported me to the radio room.
It waited about 5 seconds and then initiated crash dive with the bell, hatch closing, etc, etc.

Perfect!

Old 04-24-10, 02:49 AM   #988
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
I was on the deck enjoying the fog and rain and pushed the crash dive button..
It teleported me to the radio room.
It waited about 5 seconds and then initiated crash dive with the bell, hatch closing, etc, etc.

Perfect!
I just came back into the Command Room and the Navigator turned to me in shock and freaked, "You were just up top Sir.. how did you? Heil Hitler, we've managed teleportation Sir!".

Old 04-24-10, 03:01 AM   #989
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

I'm having difficulty using 1.9. I'm constantly giggling and going "omgomgsocool" and it's making actually commanding my u-boat difficult.

Crash dive is cool, people will love that. Keymapped Crash Dive still works per normal, where you need to be under by climbing, which is perfect.

Message box auto-shrinking after manually shrinking it is pretty cool.

The contact time thing isn't working well for me though. It's impossible to read (flat orange on blue) and it's only available on the TAI, which is mostly useless to me. I also can't bring up the TAI with the Nav Map active, so I need to click on something, leave the map, open TAI, strain to see what it reads, then back to the Nav Map to use the info. I've not yet been able to read what it says:

If you move or zoom the TAI to get rid of the crazy zoom/bearing overlay it erases the information.

It doesn't appear as if a time is being captured for single ships still, probably a stock bug problem. Radio report contacts for convoys, both in the message box and not are working.

If we can get it on the Nav Map and off the TAI it would be much better. My TAI remains closed except during engagements since it's so short of a range around the sub. Also all the radio contacts show up on the Nav Map where having the time is needed to plot intercepts. Also a different font color, or something please. Here's how SH3 did it, would this be possible?

Teleport is flawless, the icons are pure sex and it's just great fun.

Last edited by kylania; 04-24-10 at 03:27 AM.
kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-10, 03:31 AM   #990
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

V 1.9.0

When in camera mode above the sea and looking down at the sub:

I can teleport everywhere... except to the bridge/deck.

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui