SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-02-09, 11:39 AM   #976
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcards
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesplanet
If you will click the button on the interface that has the soundman "report the nearest contact", the hydrophone sound and light will start working. All you have to do is click it on and off and your problem will be solved.
I've tried it, but besides the sound man telling me where the damn thing is, I still don't hear it nor do I see the sound indicator light up.
have you tried rotating yoursefl the sound heads to follow the noise source, they are rotated manually.

mine work just fine (INS-DEL or Start-End) cant recall exactly what keys, but is one of the pairs

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 12:41 PM   #977
wildcards
Sailor man

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcards
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesplanet
If you will click the button on the interface that has the soundman "report the nearest contact", the hydrophone sound and light will start working. All you have to do is click it on and off and your problem will be solved.
I've tried it, but besides the sound man telling me where the damn thing is, I still don't hear it nor do I see the sound indicator light up.
have you tried rotating yoursefl the sound heads to follow the noise source, they are rotated manually.

mine work just fine (INS-DEL or Start-End) cant recall exactly what keys, but is one of the pairs
I appreciate the help, really I do, but thats not the solution either. I'm aware how to operate the hydrophone station

These forum "Nub" name/rank are really bugging me , (nearly) every time I post about a problem on a forum where I'm new to and have a low post count, people assume its user error, because I'm new and most likely unable to operate the game properly.

I've bin playing the silent hunter series ever since SHII hit the market. Playing SHIV at about 90% realism and able to handle my self just fine. The hydrophone works correctly in the stock game, but as the games has its flaws I added some flavor with TMO to it, now I'm having problems with my hydrophone.

This no manual hydrophone sound contacts problem I'm having occurs only with non stock ships, added by the TMO mod, yet the problem doesn't happen every time and is some what intermittently.
wildcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 01:48 PM   #978
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Downloads: 0
Default A few questions upon returning to TMO

HI all,

I just did a complete re-install of everything up to TMO and RSRDC (the correct on).

All seems fine, but I have a couple of questions:

1) I started a new career in a Gato out of Freemantle in 1943. My only problem is that I am having to ignore contacts of smaller ships (I close and eyeball them with the scope) because if I didn't, I would never make it to my assigned area with any torps or deck gun ammo. I guess I just struck the right place at the right time, but a) does the game with these mods produce H-K groups and/or increased Air patrols in and around areas where you sink ships? If so, I haven't noticed anything. b) do the mods alter the shipping routes in response to numerous sinkings and/or delay sending ships out when multiple sinkings are performed in an area?

Bungo Pete:

I must be missing something. I play on hard, except with no manual torpedos, and I have played this twice and won without a scratch. Both times I detected a ship heading towards me, plotted its course and extrapolated an intercept. Allowed target to close to visual range (mine) then submerged.

Was caught by surprise first time but the zig-zag of the target, but fortunately had plotted an intercept the placed my in the middle of his pattern.

Both times waited at all-stop to the beginning of a new sig. Three fish, high-speed at less that 600 yards. Spread to account for any last minute maneuvers. Both times had two hits.

The mini-surprise after the fact was a bonus, but I was never fired upon.
and in the darkness sink them.\"

with apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien
Sgian Dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 02:37 PM   #979
Kaleun
Chief

Downloads: 266

TMO 170 BETA update is up!

http://hosted.filefront.com/Ducimus554/2375451

v163 to v170 changelog

1.)UI changes
*added Hud Mod for TMO by Cpt. America
- adjusted orders bar to reduce button truncation at lower resolutions.
* removed medal tool tips from medal case in career room. (the way the game appears to handle medal display, no matter what it will be incorrect unless you have all the medals awarded)

2.) Player sub changes
*added historical prop rotation mod by Cpt. America
*added radar warning reciever for fleetboats. This will first appear in 8/43.
* MS/9 and MS/32 Paint schemes are now selectable upgrade for all US boats except Tench and Narwhal.
* Damage model adjustments.
( The goal of these adjustments was to reduce or eliminate the player's boat being stranded by having all engines/motors destroyed. An occurance that was far too common)
- removed Parent/child relationship between some damage zones in the player subs.
- reduced engine and motor damage zones in width and placed them farther apart from each other.
*Changed max torpedo launch depth for Tambor, Gar, Gato, Balao, and Tench to 150 Feet.
*fixed missing creak sounds from S boat interior. (thank you vickers03 and Captain America for pointing it out to me)

3.) AI changes
* AI machine guns will now fire at the player from a range of 3000 meters (where as it used to be 1500 meters)
* reduced AP value of shells used by 25MM machine guns from 10, to 9.7. Player subs have AP value of 10. This gives the shells just enough penetration to do a reasonable amount of damage, but not overly excessive.

4.) Ship & model changes
* JP and GE, AI sub's had a damage zone adjusted so they sink quicker then before, and fixed map icon.

* created an auxillary gunboat that will appear as a corvette in the subhunter layers. This unit also doubles as a "q ship", is unmarked, and is equiped with four 25MM guns, 3 deck guns, and 4 Y guns.
*The following ships have had modified to equip 3 to 4 machine guns, 1 to 2 search lights, and 0 to 4 additional deck guns:
- Nagara
- Hakusika
- Akita
- Heito
- Zinbu
- Biyo
- Kinposan
- Tahihosan
- Kasagisan
- Nippon
- Buzyun
- Haruna
- Conte Verde liner
- Horai
- Kiturin
- Tyohei

* fixed sound issues with HogIsland cargo ship (it was totally lacking a DSD file)
* JP aircraft carriers. (to again, address aircraft spawning after carrier exited game bug)
- Further reduced Aircraft numbers. (2 to 3 planes each)
- changed aircraft type to Val and Kate only. (If you see either of these planes you know they came from a carrier which might or might not still exist.)

5.) Campaign changes
* JP Subhunter layers
- will now only spawn units designated as "corvettes".
- had all ship specific entries removed (there were a couple left). All entries should now be "generic".
- upped spawn probablity from 19 and 21% to 45%
* removed misleading radio messages that would encourage the player drop whatever he was doing and go on a wild goose chase.
* Deactivated Subron50 / Holy Loch, UK flotilla. It was confusing to players, and not enough campaign work done on it to make it an enjoyable option.
- deactivated by changing the availablty dates so it closes down before the war even begins.
- commented out appropriate entries in careerstart.upc
* Added JP Minelayers travelling around some large minefields. (Partially done, not complete)
* Added Flipper and his friends.
* Added A few huts featuring bikini's and grass skirts in pearl harbor.

6.) Graphical changes
* changed underwater rendering in the scene.dat to stats used by the previous EE mod by W_clear. The reason was so that the sub was visible in the event camera during a depth charge attack.
* Torpedo textrues by Cpt America
7.) crew changes
* CPO is back to wearing all dunguree's, but retains service cover.
* Removed "Yeaaahhh!" crew cheer every time a torpedo hits. Good idea at the time, but it got annoying.

Installation:
1. Disable TMO patch 1.63
2. Enable Beta TMO 1.70 update

Kaleun

Last edited by Kaleun; 03-03-09 at 03:38 PM.
Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 03:23 PM   #980
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Thanks for posting the update link Kaleun Downloading now
was H2SO4.
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 03:42 PM   #981
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Thanks.

Should I wait for an update to RSRDC, or will the 163 version of RSRDC work with the beta?

Old 03-03-09, 03:47 PM   #982
Kaleun
Chief

Downloads: 266

Hi

don't know!!!! it's not my work - it's Ducimus' and he doesn't visit here anymore! (i'm just the unofficial messenager!!) Although i did ask the question in the RSRDC (as i use RSRDC) post on this forum and hoping Lurker_hlb3 will answer definately or post an update.

Kaleun
Kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 04:39 PM   #983
Q3ark
Watch Officer

Downloads: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian Dubh
Thanks.

Should I wait for an update to RSRDC, or will the 163 version of RSRDC work with the beta?
As far as I can tell RSRDC doesn't overwrite any of the TMO 170 Beta files so imo it should be ok. I will be giving it a try shortly, will post if any crashes or other problems occur.
was H2SO4.
Q3ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 04:43 PM   #984
cgjimeneza
Captain

Downloads: 145
Default TMO 170 and RSRD

As far as I know, Lurker has released a new RSRD version in time with the official release, he might be working on it waiting for Ducimus to release the final

meanwhile, PLAY the beta and report any anomalies, they will both appreciate any feedback you can provide on it.

Salud Ducimus

"Left on their own, engineers can be dangerous"
cgjimeneza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 06:11 PM   #985
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q3ark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgian Dubh
Thanks.

As far as I can tell RSRDC doesn't overwrite any of the TMO 170 Beta files so imo it should be ok. I will be giving it a try shortly, will post if any crashes or other problems occur.
You may continue to use the current version of RDRDC + Patch2 without a problem
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 07:53 PM   #986
silent killer
Soundman

Downloads: 49
Default tmo

thanks ducimus for all your hard work, iam sure that all the captains really apreciate your mod skills
Old 03-03-09, 10:14 PM   #987
Sgian Dubh
Officer

Thanks to Ducimus and Lurker!

Old 03-04-09, 07:50 PM   #988
The Fishlord
Planesman

Downloads: 119

I checked, the answer is yes, RSRDC does overwrite some campaign layers for 1.70. But that should be fixed with official releases and I haven't seen any difference anyway.

Maybe I've never noticed it but is there a new early war sub texture? I don't like this one as much as the stock game, this is too gray...and SHINY. I liked it when it was rusty and weather beaten Guess I can always get skinpacks.

Other than that, beta is running fine with me.
The Fishlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 09:54 AM   #989
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fishlord
I checked, the answer is yes, RSRDC does overwrite some campaign layers for 1.70. But that should be fixed with official releases and I haven't seen any difference anyway.

That is "as designed"
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 12:42 PM   #990
Ivan Putski
Captain

Downloads: 21

Thanks, going to d/l it now.