Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Trump is leading, no one has dropped yet,
Old 02-20-16, 07:51 PM   #962
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Got to admit, I'm surprised, I was under the impression that SC was a very evangelical state so I thought that Cruz would have pulled the majority given his very evangelical leanings, but Trump is more business than he is religion.
I guess Cruz still has some residual connections to 'The Establishment' which has soured some of his religious vote base towards Trump.

Now comes the argument amongst the rest of the Republicans who is going to drop out to allow the others to consolidate and try to stop the Trump.

The GOP puts on a good show, I'll give them that, this has been quite interesting, more so than the two horse, few points in it, Hillary/Sanders race.

EDIT: Jeb! is out. Looks like Aktungbby is going to make a clean sweep on this one.

Last edited by Oberon; 02-20-16 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-20-16, 08:58 PM   #963
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Old 02-20-16, 09:36 PM   #964
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 02-21-16, 01:14 PM   #965
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Default We have the answer about Clinton.. In Hillary's own words

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/21/politi...ion/index.html

Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton, coming off a hard-fought victory in the Nevada caucuses on Saturday, acknowledged she has work to do in convincing independent voters and others that she's trustworthy.

Quote:
I think there's an underlying question that maybe is really in the back of people's minds and that is, 'Is she in it for us or is she in it for herself?'
Quote:
And I'm going to demonstrate that I've always been the same person, I've always been fighting for the same values, fighting to make a difference in people's lives, long before I was in elected office, even before my husband was in the presidency,"
But what values are those? Hillary Clinton is in the Hillary Clinton party and her values are what is best for Hillary Clinton.

Yup, she will be the same Hillary Clinton we have had all these years. She said it herself.
Old 02-21-16, 01:22 PM   #966
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Sod it bloody Clinton I lost a point.

Thanks Trump.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 02-21-16, 01:51 PM   #967
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

I had Trump and Sanders as drop I had Bush.

The "competition" was closed after 18 Feb. Day before the Dem Election I heard an expert on American politics saying something about the mentality of the people living there and dedicated Clinton voters

Made me think-I should not have followed the polls I should have listen to some of these experts.

Polls say one thing these expert may sometimes say something different.

Markus
mapuc is online  
Old 02-21-16, 02:01 PM   #968
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Trump doesn't make a bad Games of Thrones character:

''Winter is Trumping''

Old 02-21-16, 04:45 PM   #969
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Got to admit, I'm surprised, I was under the impression that SC was a very evangelical state so I thought that Cruz would have pulled the majority given his very evangelical leanings, but Trump is more business than he is religion.
I guess Cruz still has some residual connections to 'The Establishment' which has soured some of his religious vote base towards Trump.

Now comes the argument amongst the rest of the Republicans who is going to drop out to allow the others to consolidate and try to stop the Trump.

The GOP puts on a good show, I'll give them that, this has been quite interesting, more so than the two horse, few points in it, Hillary/Sanders race.

EDIT: Jeb! is out. Looks like Aktungbby is going to make a clean sweep on this one.
Trump and Cruz were tied for 30% of the evangelical vote, but Trump won anyway, by a big margin too. Now they are saying that Trump can't be stopped.

Rubio barely took 2nd place over Cruz and even if they joined together, with lets say a coin flip to decide which one would be the 45th President, even then they couldn't beat Trump. He's a train wreck for America on his way to winning the GOP.

Can he beat Hillary? After I've been wrong so many times ... I'll would have to go back to being a democrat to be for Hillary, but I'm sure thinking about it.

Way to go Aktungbby you ran the table ... good for you.

What's next after Trump wins in Nevada tomorrow?
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 02-21-16, 05:43 PM   #970
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-21-16, 06:48 PM   #971
Peter Cremer
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 144

What gets me is why people can't figure out why Trump leads the politicians in the polls. They come up with all kinds of reasons. It's simple; he's not a politician. It's how the American voters are demonstrating to the political establishment just how much they are disgusted with 'politics as usual' with all the usual suspects. What's the difference between politicians and criminals? The politicians are paid better.
Old 02-21-16, 07:15 PM   #972
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Trump doesn't make a bad Games of Thrones character:

''Winter is Trumping''

Haha, I would totally watch that.

Man, I just don't know what to say about American politics anymore.
Old 02-21-16, 07:23 PM   #973
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens View Post
Man, I just don't know what to say about American politics anymore.
Don't worry, neither do we.

On the other hand it would be interesting to see how "President Trump" would deal with Merkel, Putin & co. Could be or or . I would put money on the latter two.
Old 02-21-16, 07:27 PM   #974
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cremer View Post
What gets me is why people can't figure out why Trump leads the politicians in the polls. They come up with all kinds of reasons. It's simple; he's not a politician. It's how the American voters are demonstrating to the political establishment just how much they are disgusted with 'politics as usual' with all the usual suspects. What's the difference between politicians and criminals? The politicians are paid better.
Trump is seeking nomination from one of only two significant political parties in the United States. If his supporters see that as anything but seeking entry to the 'political establishment', I can't help thinking that (in the unlikely event that he won the presidency) they are in for a rude awakening.

Old 02-21-16, 08:49 PM   #975
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

I don't understand why some people feel that the President is an entry level position. I don't want an outsider as POTUS. I want someone with experience in government. This fantasy that an "outsider" would somehow be better at understanding the complexities and nuances of running a government is mind-boggling.

I have often posted that the number one qualification of a person for President is the ability to "make the deal" with congress.

A POTUS is very limited in what he or she can do unless they have the support of congress (from both parties). We have seen what happens when we don't. And in making the deal with congress, the POTUS asks congress. The POTUS does not tell congress anything.

Any candidate that claims that they will make congress do anything is clearly ignorant of how our government works.

We need a Washington Insider as president. We just need a good insider.

Tags
clinton, cuba, doomed, election, marx, president, trump