Unbelievable
Old 02-24-22, 03:31 PM   #962
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Big f’in Brass Ones I tell ya.

Broadcast live on television at 5.45am Moscow time, President Putin said:

"Whoever tries to impede us, let alone create threats for our country and its people, must know that the Russian response will be immediate and lead to the consequences you have never seen in history."

“All relevant decisions have been taken. I hope you hear me.”

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 02-24-22, 03:32 PM   #963
clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

"Whoever tries to impede us, let alone create threats for our country and its people, must know that the Russian response will be immediate and lead to the consequences you have never seen in history."

“All relevant decisions have been taken. I hope you hear me.”
Putin’s a gas station attendant, nothing more.
Old 02-24-22, 03:33 PM   #964
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It should be remembered that Ukrainian nationalists fought on for eight years after their country was "liberated" by the Red Army in 1944, using mostly German weapons. There are plenty of places in that country that are ideal for partisan activity---even if the major cities are under Putin's control. How Putin expects to hold down 45 million people with 200,000 troops is a mystery to me---unless he really believes that millions of Ukrainians will join his boys and take up arms to support a puppet regime.
Yep. He may get more than he bargained for. It was the former Soviet Union's involvement in Afghanistan that helped end that regime.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 02-24-22, 03:44 PM   #965
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
It's gonna be a tik for a tac for a long time. Biden isn't gonna do what's needed sanction wise or to open markets to get gas production where it should be to bail out Europe's dependence on Russian oil. It's gonna be a long drawn out new Cold War.

I wonder how long that will be.

Putins creation does not have the structure of the old USSR or the Czarist monarchies that came before it. He's a one man cult of personality and afaik there's no heir apparent. So I think the day that he dies it all collapses with him.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 02-24-22, 03:50 PM   #966
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
It is now but I can assure you it wasn't at time of posting
Russian cyber attack, I assume.

Wait, there was a copy-paste error in the first posting, part of the German original text was copied into the post together with the translation, maybe that was what was in black on black. I deleted that residual seconds later. Maybe that is what you have seen.
Old 02-24-22, 04:04 PM   #967
Skybird
Soaring

Its reported that for the time being the Ukrainian army has brought the Russian assault on Kiev to a standstill. Attacks by Russian airmobile units have been thrown back. Says Ukrainian sources. Chernobyl has been conquerewd by the attackers, the airport in Kiev is being fought over. If it falls, the Russians can bring in immense reinforcements rapdily, and then the city probably is no longer to be held.

The airport lies around 13 km east of the city's eastern outskirts.
Old 02-24-22, 04:10 PM   #968
clayton
Samurai Navy

Outstanding! Drive the thugs out!
Old 02-24-22, 04:18 PM   #969
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

NATO has decided to increase its presence on the eastern flank.
Denmark. contribute with a frigate, a C30 Hercules transport aircraft and 20 F-16s

Sweden as a part of the JEF alliance I don't know what they contribute with.

In the news here it is said that the Ukrainian has retaken the airport near Kyiv.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is online  
Old 02-24-22, 04:19 PM   #970
Skybird
Soaring

German media report the reason for the fast decline of the Ukrainian force'S situation has been found. The promised 5000 German helmets that caused so much attention - have never arrived. With those helmets, the situation would look very differently on the ground, no doubt.

Meanwhile it gets revealed that the Bundeswehr for years to come is completely unable to equip all the forces needed to fulfill even its most profound alliance obligations. Like submarines have different crews, up to four, that rotate on turns on the boat, companies and batallions must lend tanks, IFVs and even personnel hand weapons. that means the equipment is available for only one active batallion at a time - with up to 3 batallions being unarmed in waitiing.

This means the mechanised infantry'S nominal numerical combat strenght can be divided by lets say 3 or even 4. Only a third or quarter of the batallions on paper, actually can be equipped.

For the most, the Bundeswehr is a phantom army only. But it now has several times as many generals than the Wehrmacht had at the height of WW2 with over 6 million men under arms. Since years Germany reports phantom troop contingents as available for service to NATO HQ. This was reported already several years ago.

Moral of it all: dont wait for the Germans. They will not come because there is nothing they can come with. For every company and batallion that is staged in a mission somewhere, three or four units stay back at home, waiting for their turn so that they get the weapons of the unit in service. Its hilarious.

An analyst of the Bundeswehr described on TV how it is in Fin lapnd instead, where they have a strong militia style system in place. It means that they can boost their troops levels that do regular service all the time by a factor of around 20 . The improtan tpart is, these additonal reserves can be fully equipped with tanksl, IFVs and all, because this additional equipment gets constantly stored and updated and kept in a combat ready state, comparable to the former POMCUS sites the US maintained in the cold war. Finland puts Germany to shame. - Said that Bundeswehr analyst. I admit he sounded a little envious.
Old 02-24-22, 04:30 PM   #971
clayton
Samurai Navy

“For the most, the Bundeswehr is a phantom army only.”
Then they had better get tough because a thug’s loose in Europe.
Old 02-24-22, 04:55 PM   #972
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 30

10,000 years from now after the radiation levels drop and maybe the fluffy squirels will be the dominant species
blackswan40 is online  
Old 02-24-22, 05:07 PM   #973
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
10,000 years from now after the radiation levels drop and maybe the fluffy squirels will be the dominant species
They'd be better then the now Dominant Nuts!
Old 02-24-22, 05:12 PM   #974
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
One idea was that Putin waits until february 20ieth to not spoil or distract from, his friend's Xi Jin Ping's winter party (which officiall ends then).
It's 1939 all over again with Adolf and Beneto and Hirohito...nuthin we ain't seen before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
He's already discovered that! As I've stated earlier in this thread We need to be at DEFCON two and remove our useless ambaßador from Moscow...and find another SEC of State that ain't Blinkin', n' or n'. Moreover on 60 Minutes this weekend past, the President of Ukraine admitted that Ukraine's giving up its third largest nuclear arsenal was a mistake...I wonder what remaining plums: Lithuania, Estonia, and Latvia are contemplating at this juncture Our best hope is that Mr Putin Age 69, dies...shortly w/o a legacy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post

[B]"Whoever tries to impede us, let alone create threats for our country and its people, must know that the Russian response will be immediate and lead to the consequences you have never seen in history."He needs a new speech writer...no IMHO 'bout it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
10,000 years from now after the radiation levels drop and maybe the fluffy squirels will be the dominant species WHACK!??
I was slightly wrong...we should be at DEFCON 1 and launch on Moscow now; and simply get on with Vlad's idea of history!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 02-24-22, 05:20 PM   #975
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54