SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-14-21, 03:55 PM   #9541
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Of course not all deaths are incorrectly reported. But the fact that any are should be cause for some concern. Especially when it is done following WHO guidelines. I never said this was the norm or even common, so who is really "picking out one fact and blowing it up out of proportion"?

Go ahead and choose not to believe that particular website. Like I wrote: there are dozens of others reporting on the same story. And then there are other examples from other locations - like this one:

Colorado coroner calling out how state classifies COVID-19 deaths

As for "demonstrat[ing] against the corona virus", I don't know who you are referring to. If it's me, you are simply wrong. What I am doing is pointing out some "discrepancies" in what we are being told. Where I think that will get me is: closer to the truth.
Old 12-14-21, 04:08 PM   #9542
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Some numbers here from Denmark

Since the first vaccine was given around 4415 have died within 30 days after first or second jab.

Number of dead from Corona 3023.

One may think - The vaccine is more deadly than Corona itself.

But is this true !?
A majority of those who died from the vaccines were elderly or vulnerable people. The question here is.
How many would have survived and how many would have been infected with Corona and die from it ??

The problem is that a majority of those who died from Covid-19 also was elderly or vulnerable people
The question here is
How many would have lived if they got a vaccine and how many would have died from this.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 04:31 PM   #9543
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@Markus yes, and it is even worse. The anti-vaccers always say that "the numbers have not gone down", but what they should calculate is how those 'absolute' numbers compare to the exponential growth of the virus, which show a massive suppression. But i take it it is understood by you.

@SeanC: I know what you mean and those cases wrongly reported, if seldom or more, should not happen. Humanity is not perfect, indeed no id is.
It is after all good that wrong assumptions are being called out, fully ok.

But you said small numbers ok, but still they should be of some concern. Of course, but this is exactly what some media will exploit, and only this. This some concern is set equal to the overall picture – after all opinions are all worth the same, or so we are told. But they are not.
They have to be noticed and put into the overall statistics, but they are still not what the overall/main numbers are telling.

Look for wrongly counted covid deaths, and you will find lots. Ok.
Now search for rightly reported deaths and compare the numbers. More.
And still there is an additional problem: correct numbers or facts have seldom made headlines, or woke the attention of people looking for sensational news. They call the news "truth makers", in Australia.
I do not accuse you, me or anyone of this, this is human. But stay alert.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 05:06 PM   #9544
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

"Corona shouldn't get you, grandfather!"

Old 12-14-21, 06:30 PM   #9545
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It didn't take long: yesterday I cautiously conceded a few advance praise to the new German health minister - and he replied with the first really loud cracking wrong decision of his ministry. In order to motivate more people to boost, everybody who got be boosted should no longer be subject to mandatory testing. And that although Omikron is only just landing in Germany, but we can already see in our neighboring countries how incredibly fast it really hits: the number of infections doubled every three days.

The man is considered an evidence fanatic. Where is that now?

Impressively lousy start.

[Note to myself: please finally learn it, Sky. NEVER ever trust, praise or sympathise with politicians again.]
Old 12-14-21, 08:06 PM   #9546
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

You all need to see this! OMG what hell is going on in Germany going off the deep end again I see.

“More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion." - C. P Snow

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-14-21 at 08:25 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-21, 08:56 PM   #9547
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
You all need to see this! OMG what hell is going on in Germany going off the deep end again I see.

“More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion." - C. P Snow

Old 12-15-21, 02:14 AM   #9548
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Federal police in the Hannover train station, press publication (translation by Google)

Mask refusers at train stations repeatedly cause trouble for the federal police
(Photo: picture alliance / dpa | Federico Gambarini

Emotional statement by the federal police: "Dear mask grumpies ... you are annoying!"

The federal police are fed up - on Sunday night they had to deal with massive violations of the corona protective measures in Hanover main station. The controls of mask refusers often escalate, as examples from the police show. The federal police counted 57 violations of the mask requirement on a total of Saturday night at Hanover main station - clearly too many, as an annoyed press release on Sunday shows:

“We are not discussing with you. And we are not interested in your opinion either! Just put on your mask and save us your prosperity-defiance. We have better things to do!"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 02:59 AM   #9549
Sean C
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 2

Meanwhile, from the WHO:

Old 12-15-21, 03:43 AM   #9550
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Read the manufacture’s statement on the box. No, masks do not provide protection against viral infection. Only thing I know of that prevents infection is an encapsulation suit or total isolation. Though I must admit even those countermeasures didn’t help anyone at the Wuhan lab.

“ When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion." - C. P Snow

Last edited by Rockstar; 12-15-21 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-15-21, 09:17 AM   #9551
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The records keep on coming. Yesterday there was 8314 infected or 4.13 % of those who had been tested positive.

Today's number infected is 8773 or 4.27 %

The Danish Crown Princess Mary has been tested positive for Covid-19

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 09:56 AM   #9552
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-21, 10:00 AM   #9553
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Prime Minister Boris Johnson will lead a Downing Street press conference at 17:00 GMT

He will be accompanied by England’s chief medical officer Chris Whitty and NHS England’s Dr Nikki Kanani.

The Omicron variant is "probably the most significant threat" since the pandemic began, Dr Jenny Harries warns.

The head of the UK Health Security Agency says the doubling time of the variant is now under two days in most of the UK

Covid cases are set to surge past the previous peak seen at the start of 2021, says an infectious diseases expert and government adviser.

But Transport Secretary Grant Shapps says the government believes England's Covid measures "will see us through to the new year"

Over-18s in England can now book a booster appointment from two months after their second dose.

Meanwhile, England's Covid pass scheme begins despite a revolt among Tory MPs

Old 12-15-21, 10:02 AM   #9554
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 12-15-21, 10:11 AM   #9555
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Federal police in the Hannover train station, press publication (translation by Google)

Mask refusers at train stations repeatedly cause trouble for the federal police
(Photo: picture alliance / dpa | Federico Gambarini

Emotional statement by the federal police: "Dear mask grumpies ... you are annoying!"

The federal police are fed up - on Sunday night they had to deal with massive violations of the corona protective measures in Hanover main station. The controls of mask refusers often escalate, as examples from the police show. The federal police counted 57 violations of the mask requirement on a total of Saturday night at Hanover main station - clearly too many, as an annoyed press release on Sunday shows:

“We are not discussing with you. And we are not interested in your opinion either! Just put on your mask and save us your prosperity-defiance. We have better things to do!"
Ya sounds really like German police are so caring. But watching the video why would they drive a knee into an 80 years old woman and throw her to the ground? Seems like that’s more of threat to your health than omnikron is.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan