SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-12, 09:53 AM   #931
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thSeal View Post
v1.0.60.0 works fine for me TDW and thanks for the update, really easy to use.

I do have one question. Under the Render patches, what exactly is post effects rendering that can be disabled? I did use the remove water droplets option, do I also need to remove the post effects for the removed water droplets to work?
If you enabled the water droplets one then you shouldn't see anymore water droplets (those supposedly realisic drops of water on you 'screen' sometimes). The post effects one you don't have to enable just because you enabled the water droplets one, it's purely optional. In all honesty I'm not sure what all doesn't get rendered when the post effects one is enabled - maybe you can find out and let us know. I just saw it in the exe and it was 'easy' to disable so I added it in the hopes it would help someone with low FPS in game
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 09:56 AM   #932
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Works here, thanks TDW! Much more easier/faster to use.

And finally got the duds working again! For some reason I needed to downgrade the patcher to the version that worked for me before, uninstalled it, and again pathced with the newest version. I think it has something to do with the fact that I needed to manually point where the .exe, .sim, act. files were. I tried installing the new patch many times, but only when I stepped back, it started to work.
You should always disable all patches with the old version first then repatch with the newest version. This way you avoid any unforeseen errors/problems
Old 08-19-12, 09:58 AM   #933
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONONO View Post
need migraiter
Old 08-19-12, 10:04 AM   #934
DelphiUniverse
中国水兵

Downloads: 125
Uploads: 0

I don't know if this feature is available, I would like to see a timer for the time compression (measured in hours) so I can set the timer to 2 hours for example, then increase time compression, it will auto stop (TC1) after 2 hours. Like I said, I have no idea if this is already available in the NewUI. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-19-12, 10:05 AM   #935
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

In theory one should still be able to patch all the other files except the sh5.exe if you are using the steam version of the game. I have a hunch Steam only messed with the main exe as they are unfamiliar with the support files (act files) Anyone care to try and report back? I have DVD version of the game so I can't test my theory.

As the patcher compares what's contained in the file to what it has it'll know whether you can apply the patches or not to steam act files. You'll know instantly whether you can patch the steam act files when you open the patch files with the patcher for the act files (SHCollisions and SHSim)
Old 08-19-12, 10:06 AM   #936
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 116

Suggestion:
Your boat is Decks awash and you order Crash dive. There should be no time delay until the command is executed (like when you order Crash dive while surfaced)
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:06 AM   #937
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiUniverse View Post
I don't know if this feature is available, I would like to see a timer for the time compression (measured in hours) so I can set the timer to 2 hours for example, then increase time compression, it will auto stop (TC1) after 2 hours. Like I said, I have no idea if this is already available in the NewUI. Just a suggestion.
Right click outside edge of the chrono in my UIs mod. There you can set up alarms and trigger TC1 IIRC
Old 08-19-12, 10:07 AM   #938
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelphiUniverse View Post
Like this-

It is in TDWs UI - click on the clock to get this option
Old 08-19-12, 10:08 AM   #939
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonci87 View Post
Suggestion:
Your boat is Decks awash and you order Crash dive. There should be no time delay until the command is executed (like when you order Crash dive while surfaced)
What's the theory behind this suggestion? You are still surfaced just a little deeper in the water is all
Old 08-19-12, 10:09 AM   #940
Tonci87
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
What's the theory behind this suggestion? You are still surfaced just a little deeper in the water is all
Well yes but there is no stuff to secure (deck guns for example) so it should be executed much faster.
Tonci87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:13 AM   #941
7thSeal
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 199

Quote:
If you enabled the water droplets one then you shouldn't see anymore water droplets (those supposedly realisic drops of water on you 'screen' sometimes). The post effects one you don't have to enable just because you enabled the water droplets one, it's purely optional. In all honesty I'm not sure what all doesn't get rendered when the post effects one is enabled - maybe you can find out and let us know. I just saw it in the exe and it was 'easy' to disable so I added it in the hopes it would help someone with low FPS in game
Thanks, I'll just stick with leaving the water drops disabled and not mess with the post effects.
7thSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:15 AM   #942
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
I am really curious to know what the error says. I need something from it in order to figure out why you are having problems with the newest version. When did the error occur? Did it occur as soon as the app started or after you clicked something or
Just started..
translate error is something like: unhandled exception in application

and in the window "information" below:
Code:
System.ArgumentException: invalid parametr.
    System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement, Boolean validateImageData)
    System.Drawing.Image.FromStream(Stream stream)
    TheDarkWraith.SilentHunter5.GenericPatcher.GenericPatcher_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:19 AM   #943
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
Just started..
translate error is something like: unhandled exception in application

and in the window "information" below:
You are getting an error as soon as the app is building the images for the treeview from the embedded files in the exe It is using reflection for this and I wonder if it's a security problem on your computer...Have you tried running the app with admin rights (right click --> run as Administrator)? I still have the app building against .NET 2.0 so there shouldn't be any errors. Also try placing the app on your desktop and running it from there with admin rights.
Old 08-19-12, 10:31 AM   #944
chun
Helmsman

Downloads: 445

Quote:
In theory one should still be able to patch all the other files except the sh5.exe if you are using the steam version of the game. I have a hunch Steam only messed with the main exe as they are unfamiliar with the support files (act files) Anyone care to try and report back? I have DVD version of the game so I can't test my theory.

As the patcher compares what's contained in the file to what it has it'll know whether you can apply the patches or not to steam act files. You'll know instantly whether you can patch the steam act files when you open the patch files with the patcher for the act files (SHCollisions and SHSim)
changes, magnetic torpedoes and impact on file. act of the steam version, if they work.
chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-12, 10:44 AM   #945
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
You are getting an error as soon as the app is building the images for the treeview from the embedded files in the exe It is using reflection for this and I wonder if it's a security problem on your computer...Have you tried running the app with admin rights (right click --> run as Administrator)? I still have the app building against .NET 2.0 so there shouldn't be any errors. Also try placing the app on your desktop and running it from there with admin rights.
I'm getting error just clicked to the icon and then I see this window..
Yes, I tried run as admin and from desktop.. nothing change..
If I clicked to the button Skip at the error-message then I saw GenericPatcher window like in the previous versions..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote